Do you really feel better with the switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valerie Perreault

May 21, 2015
Quebec, Canada
I'm sure this question was ask before, but I can't find it.

For the people who use to smoke cigarettes, did you really feel a change health wise after switching to vaping?

Like:

Lungs capacity
Less tired
Sleeping better
General well being

I know it's been only 12 days for me, but I can't really see any changes health wise.

Thanks

Reactions: GranFumador

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
I can say I notice a difference when I take my puppy (70lbs. worth lol) for a walk, I can jog with her up and down the football sized field behind my house a few times before getting winded. When I was smoking I would be sucking wind after halfway through the first half.

As far as sleeping better no, but I've got some other crap going on that I attest that to. Once it's over we shall see though.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
i definitely am sleeping better, i dont know for sure if my lung capacity is better but, breathing in fresh air all the time now FEELS much better and fresher. And I dont feel as groggy when I wake up in the mornings anymore. I remember when I smoked it was difficult to wake up in mornings cuz of grogginess, whether it be due to not sleeping well or waking up coughing horribly on a daily basis.

for me it has also been about 3 years since i quit smoking, i was a smoker for 6 years, with the last year being a 2PAD heavy smoker.

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
Hang in there. I'm on month seven and it just keeps getting better for this 2 PAD former smoker. I puffed down the cancer sticks for 35 years. It took about two or three months before I said to myself, "self" I feel pretty darn good, no more heavy cough, no more falling asleep with an elephant on my chest, I can laugh hysterically and not break into a coughing fit, my teeth are getting whiter and my car smells like ....well I don't know what it smells like but I know what it doesn't smell like! Oh and the sense of smell, this can be either a plus or minus, but I can now smell things whether I want to or not!

All I can say is you WILL feel better. Of course that also depends greatly on how bad the ciggs were making you feel in the first place.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I'm sure this question was ask before, but I can't find it.

For the people who use to smoke cigarettes, did you really feel a change health wise after switching to vaping?

Like:

Lungs capacity
Less tired
Sleeping better
General well being

I know it's been only 12 days for me, but I can't really see any changes health wise.

Thanks
Yep all of those things. Took about a month for me to really notice. Got a big snow about 3 weeks after I switched. Went shoveling snow and realized that I got sore before I ran out of wind and such.

RandyF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Arizona
I definitely sleep better, for longer. I know I can smell better, my tongue no longer has that nasty build up smoking caused and I don't get winded nearly as easy.

There wasn't anything overwhelming like all the sudden I was ready to run marathons, but after 26 years of smoking I'm sure my healing process will take time, and there will be changes (improvements) I won't even notice.

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Hang in there. I'm on month seven and it just keeps getting better for this 2 PAD former smoker. I puffed down the cancer sticks for 35 years. It took about two or three months before I said to myself, "self" I feel pretty darn good, no more heavy cough, no more falling asleep with an elephant on my chest, I can laugh hysterically and not break into a coughing fit, my teeth are getting whiter and my car smells like ....well I don't know what it smells like but I know what it doesn't smell like! Oh and the sense of smell, this can be either a plus or minus, but I can now smell things whether I want to or not!

All I can say is you WILL feel better. Of course that also depends greatly on how bad the ciggs were making you feel in the first place.

I forgot about that, I'm a car nut and love my car and that alone makes me feel good everytime I get in it and all it smells like is the air freshener I use in it. Not to mention never having to worry about dropping a cig and burning the carpet, or having it blow back in the car when I try to toss it and burn my baby. :D

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I was a very light smoker for 27 years.
That would be about 7 cigarettes per day over those many years.

I had no idea that I had any health issues related to smoking until I stopped.

--When I was smoking I could hold my breath for around 30 seconds
--After 12 months of vaping I could hold my breath for around 90 seconds
--After 17 months of vaping I got a Pulmonary Function test and my results were slightly better than average
--After 30 months of vaping I could hold my breath for around 110 seconds

Also, I went from two colds/flu per year to almost none.
And the couple colds that I have had in the last six years have gone away in half the time.

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
After 40 years of pounding the coffin nails, I certainly feel better. I dint have that constant rattle in my chest, always coughing up phlegm, breathing heavy but not deeply, and getting winded just thinking of doing anything strenuous. Not to mention the nasty ashtray smell on everything, which has now faded away after 16months of being cigarette free. I don't snore like I used to, either, but not sure if my sleep has improved. It might have as I pop up out of bed feeling more energetic than when I was smoking.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
12 days ai`nt even enough to break loose the garbage in your lungs. It will take about 2-3 months before you really notice much difference (if you were a normal PAD smoker). Feeling good does`nt always come at first, allot of folks talk about feeling worst, as the body tries to heal itself and the lungs start to bring up the crud that builds up after years of smoking. Its usually between 6 months and year you`ll start to feel like a brand new person.

Me right now, I feel positively sophomoric, LOL.

Ongeslepen

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Amsterdamaged
I noticed a couple of changes during my switch. I guess i'm still in the middle of my switch... 2 months ago i was still a smoker..

First week, i coughed most of the slime out... another "bad" thing which i had was having an extremely dry mouth and lips. But that only lasted for a week or 2. Now my lips are normal :) *yay!*
After a couple of day's of vaping and not smoking anymore i had my sense of smell back..
I'm not sure if i taste food better.. i was never really an eater.

I'm quite active in my daily life, biking to my work.. Climbing for a hobby and doing krav maga (fight sport)
What i notice with all of them, i have more lung power. It's easier to breath now.
With climbing and krav maga i notice that i need less time to catch my breath and regain my strength.

Whenever i'm late for work and have to bike faster i do notice that i find it easier to do so then before.

You could argue that it's me getting fitter due to sport, but i like to think that vaping does less damage to my lunges and because of that i notice all the benefits that i experience lately.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
12 days ai`nt even enough to break loose the garbage in your lungs. It will take about 2-3 months before you really notice much difference (if you were a normal PAD smoker). Feeling good does`nt always come at first, allot of folks talk about feeling worst, as the body tries to heal itself and the lungs start to bring up the crud that builds up after years of smoking. Its usually between 6 months and year you`ll start to feel like a brand new person.

Me right now, I feel positively sophomoric, LOL.
+1

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
5 years vaping. I feel a helluva lot better! Just gained a bigger belly that's all. :D
I actually lost weight. The sweet fruity vapes seem to kill my cravings for Little Debbie snacks and chocolate. Others have reported similar results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread