Do you really feel better with the switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this question was ask before, but I can't find it.

For the people who use to smoke cigarettes, did you really feel a change health wise after switching to vaping?

Like:

Lungs capacity
Less tired
Sleeping better
General well being

I know it's been only 12 days for me, but I can't really see any changes health wise.

Thanks

Definitely sounder sleep. General well-being and lung-capacity come in a close second. Don't know about "less tired" though.... 'bout the same, I guess. I don't have quite that sharp cognitive edge ciggies gave me, which so far is the only downside.

The greatest gift that vaping has given back to me is TIME. The hours I wasted out back smoking took a huge futile chunk out of my life. I can vape while doing whatever I'm doing if I have to, but it was always knee-jerk to go outside for the 15 min toke of 2 or 3 cigs at a time, during which black hole my monitor always went to sleep....

I find that vaping takes up much more of my time than cigs did. Mixing juices, cleaning, rewicking, etc and then the fact that I can't hold a clearo and battery in my mouth and vape while using both hands.

Ah well yes, there's the constant call to fiddle. But that can be minimized. I can whip up a tasty juice in 10 min, and at 12 ml a shot I only have to do that every 2 days. And you can always take the odd vape, put the mod down and continue whatever you were doing. But I can't deny you have a point.

Nermal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Farmington, NM USA
Yep all of those things. Took about a month for me to really notice. Got a big snow about 3 weeks after I switched. Went shoveling snow and realized that I got sore before I ran out of wind and such.
Sounds like me and my bicycle. It warmed up, I started riding again, and discovered a burning sensation in the legs long before I ran out of air.

THnCS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
C/S
It is slow for some, and immediate for others. Smoked for 20 yrs. It took me a few months before I really noticed. Smell and taste came back first, I love avacados now, used to hate the taste!! Then lung capacity, generally better health. Went from 2 sinus infections a year, to none. Hardly get sick anymore. Most importantly, dont smell like and ashtray!! Been smoke free for 4.5 yrs.

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
After switching to vaping took about three months for the morning cough to go completely and about six months before I started to notice better breathing in all aspects. I now have clear lungs confirmed by medical testing and no longer get out of breath doing things that I would have sat down and took a break doing when I smoking no doubt about it vaping has had massive health benefits for me but you have to be patient the benefits will come but it's different for everyone in terms of time it happens. Add in that when I smoked I had at least two bad bouts of flu and numerous infections a year for the last two years no infections and one bout of flu that was more like a cold compared to the past. Stick with it it really is worth it

dhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2014
Georgia
After 40 years, I can tell the difference. More energy, breathing better. I've lost weight (those dessert flavors are REALLY good). I don't cough anymore (I still go to bed every night and listen to my smoker wife cough herself to sleep). My allergies seem to have disappeared and I live in the south where we celebrate the pollen festival every year (and all the cars are yellow). After getting over the first month or so of weird sleep patterns, I've settled down to sleeping more soundly and better. I find I don't need as much to feel rested.

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
I'm sure this question was ask before, but I can't find it.

For the people who use to smoke cigarettes, did you really feel a change health wise after switching to vaping?

Like:

Lungs capacity
Less tired
Sleeping better
General well being

I know it's been only 12 days for me, but I can't really see any changes health wise.

Thanks

About to the 26 month mark of being off smokes. Definitely improvement in
lungs, that's what takes the toll when smoking. I don't know if I'm less or more
tired or just the same on that part, not sleeping better some of that is my
age though and some adjusting nic levels. I'm sure general well being is overall
better. Less sinusy stuff, now I just get an occasional cold about once a year.

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
not to mention I've not been sick (had chronic bronchitis and the flu that would never end after 5 months when I quit) but I saw Tia post this on FB this morning...I like it
1422626_707024485991817_2012130671_n.jpg

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
It's been just over 2 months for me - and I was a heavy smoker for a long, long time. Yes, I definitely feel better. I used to have to take a codeine anti-tussive at bedtime if I were to get any sleep at all. Now I'm totally free of that. I breathe better and deeper. I do get the sleepless night now and then but I'm still comfortable in bed where formerly I would almost feel suicidal! AND I don't smell like an ashtray any more! Life is good!

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
I actually lost weight. The sweet fruity vapes seem to kill my cravings for Little Debbie snacks and chocolate. Others have reported similar results.

Same here. These days I only eat dinner in the evening - I don't feel at all hungry during the day.

ellejewell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2015
Fl.
Yes!!! I noticed a huge difference! I'm only 29 and I have copd (bronchitis) when i smoked analogs i would wake up with a sore chest and would have to take several deep, painful breaths to stretch my lungs out so I could breath a bit easier and I would get chest infections all the time. I've been vaping for 3 months now and I can breath so much easier. I can take a deep breath and it does not hurt and I can walk longer distances without feeling winded. As far as sleep? no I do not sleep better vaping actually keeps me awake which I have learned is from too high of nicotine. I lowered it and now that is improving. Overall, it has been a very pleasant change and I don't think I will ever go back to analogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread