Do you still get the buzz from nicotine ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

happily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
anchorage, ak
36mg juice has a definite effect on me! I guess we all have different nicotine tolerances. Then again, the only time I felt a 'buzz' from an analog was when I first began smoking many, many years ago.
hitting the 36mg was the first buzz I've had in 20 years...........not the tingly cig buzz. Just a warm brain kinda thing

cryptkeeper197

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
cincinnati, Ohio
Reading these post makes me feel like a freak. lol

I have been chain smoking non-filters for the past 5 years. I was always having to chain smoke.
Since I switch to e-cigs I no longer chain smoke. I take 3 big nice puffs and I am good for 1 hour. Also vaping makes me very relaxed and sleepy. I love it. I am only using 11 mg liquid. lol

Embryodad

Oct 14, 2010
NW-NJ
I no longer get any buzz. I only vape now for the mental effect.
To me this means Im detoxed, and quit smoking completely.

I wake up in the morning and crave coffee more than a cigarette. I actually wait to get my coffee before I vape now.

I know im getting nicotine because in the back right side of my brain I can feel a heaviness after vaping. It used to be a pressure increase at the very top of my brain when smoking analogs. I think that was either a different chemical or a lack of O2.

robw...I am a Newbie..( 7 days Pv'ing) and I can relate to your experience. Mine is a definite hissing / ringing in the brain actually deep inside and felt like in the direct back of the head just b-4 the start of the neck. It also is like a spongy feeling which goes away after not vaping for 5 minutes =+ - a minute.
now this would be the same feeling I had when I was smoking ciggs, and deep drawing 2 of them one right after the other in 3 minutes without pausing much in between hits (drags),.
So far...I'm a happy vaper..and it Is working for ME!! ... thank God, cause my Lungs are shot. Hope to get some cleanup on those two sacks. ? ? ? Fingers Crossed.... L O L...

ps: I was the kind of smoker that would smoke a brown paper bag if i was desperate...or sucked on used cig filters (my own of coarse)... ha Ha ...I had a bag of them used butts when DW was in the hospital and I couldn't smoke in her room. they worked and got me by!.. on the way to the parking lot I was doing a double barrel to makeup. /COLOR]

Stutzy

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Denver, CO
MAOIs are a side effect of smoking analogs that are really starting to get explored now. In a nutshell, Your brain produces a happy chemical. Cigs and anti depressants block the absorption of this chemical. Meaning you get more of them floating around then would be normal. hence that happy feeling after a cig. This also helps explain some of the depression that alot of us have experienced when making attempts at quitting. I guess I would lean towards this effect combined with some good ole carbon monoxide gas for that good buzz :) MistressNomad has a really informative article about this on her blog fyi. Don't want to take credit for her work :)

berger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
Carvahall
Wow, Im glad to hear its not just me. Ive been going about 6 weeks now and been using 24-26 mg juices. I jumped straight over to vaping from analogs and haven't gone back. I think being a menthol analog user made it somewhat easier for me as I get the after taste more then just a flavor does. I would be cusrious to see a poll on that though.
But in the long run it really is not the same satisfaction, I have to agree with that. I still get urges even this far in.

Thats weird, I had been svaing up for my ecig for months, perhaps thats why I haven't had a craving in 11 months! I think I was so excited when it arrived that I forgot about my rollies!
I don't get a hit from vaping it is more like a constant euphoria :eek:):p

That reminds me, I should take breaks between vaping, I'll end up getting cravings for un-misted air!

Midwest Dude

Oct 5, 2010
Indiana
I hadn't actually been smoking the last few years but was on Nicorette gum for about 10 years, then fell in to a smokeless tobacco habit for the last year or so. Really still occasionally missed the whole cigarette ritual, and wanted to get off the tobacco/gum so jumped in to vaping. The only time I've felt a buzz from it is if I got too much liquid on my skin or in my mouth, and that was not a 'good' buzz...

But then again, it's been a really long time since any nicotine product gave me much of a buzz. 30 years of exposure/addiction will do that to you I suppose.

Results here seem pretty mixed, although they lean towards the 'non buzz' side. My first e-cig arrives tomorrow (hopefully) and I was wondering this exact same question.

I tried my friends 6mg last weekend. I too admit that it doesn't 'feel' like an analog feels. That being said, I puffed on that thing pretty good, and I didn't need an analog for many hours after that.

Perhaps that joy of an analog will be gone forever once I switch over. I think all new vapers should expect to make some sort of sacrifice. If they (we) don't expect the exact same feeling as an analog, it might make the transition to vaping easier. Otherwise, they (we) are just hoping for something that a pv cannot deliver.

-OIA

kgeiger002

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2010
Tampa, FL
Do you still get the relaxing effect each time you' re vaping Or does that effect is just the satisfaction of the craving.

OK - first off let me say I'm just responding to your initial post...have not read not one reply post.
With that said I know what you are saying! I've been analog free for over 5 months now...I question if my addiction is actually physical nicotine addiction or simply the habit of "hand-to-mouth" ...I can now go hours without my nic fix. The thng is I catch myself thinking/realizing I haven't thought about having a vape. I will say this though - on the drive home I crave my smoke (vape). That's why I wonder if it's more a habit thing happening now? Even if it is I'm quite happy where I am at now!!!

Last edited:

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
OK - first off let me say I'm just responding to your initial post...have not read not one reply post.
With that said I know what you are saying! I've been analog free for over 5 months now...I question if my addiction is actually physical nicotine addiction or simply the habit of "hand-to-mouth" ...I can now go hours without my nic fix. The thng is I catch myself thinking/realizing I haven't thought about having a vape. I will say this though - on the drive home I crave my smoke (vape). That's why I wonder if it's more a habit thing happening now? Even if it is I'm quite happy where I am at now!!!

I thought this too for a while... I even lowered my nic mg's and didn't notice any difference in the way I felt stress-wise or whatever. But I noticed that I would start thinking about cigarettes sort of fondly throughout the day... not like a craving, just sweet, sweet memories of the good ol' days. I put my mg's back up to 24 and the "fond memories" went away. Maybe I'm more addicted to the actual nicotine than I thought? I decided that just because the buzz is gone and I'm not craving a smoke the way I used to doesn't mean the addiction to the drug (not to mention the hand/mouth) is over.

kgeiger002

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2010
Tampa, FL
I thought this too for a while... I even lowered my nic mg's and didn't notice any difference in the way I felt stress-wise or whatever. But I noticed that I would start thinking about cigarettes sort of fondly throughout the day... not like a craving, just sweet, sweet memories of the good ol' days. I put my mg's back up to 24 and the "fond memories" went away. Maybe I'm more addicted to the actual nicotine than I thought? I decided that just because the buzz is gone and I'm not craving a smoke the way I used to doesn't mean the addiction to the drug (not to mention the hand/mouth) is over.

Maybe? But I really feel if worse came to worse I can quit vaping if I had to. I never thought that way about smoking...but I've also had some personal issues watching a love one die from L-Cancer recently. That in itself (I believe) gives me that "Never wanting to go back" attitude more than some. The mind plays a big role in all of this!

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
Maybe? But I really feel if worse came to worse I can quit vaping if I had to. I never thought that way about smoking...but I also had some personal issues watching a love one die from L-Cancer recently. That in itself (I believe) gives me that "Never wanting to go back" attitude more than some. The mind plays a big role in all of this!

I totally agree. I think if worse came to worse I could probably quit vaping. But I couldn't quit smoking without real depression setting in. I always felt like being told you have to quit smoking is like being told you have to hold your breath until you die -- when I quit I felt like I was being made to gnaw off my arm or something and the feeling never left no matter how many months went by.

But vaping? I could probably stop if I HAD to stop - I wouldn't want to, but I probably could.

And I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your loved one. I'm sure they are looking on you now with pride, happy that it's not too late for you.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Holy thread resurrection! (this is a cool thread tho).

Yeah, I get a nicotine buzz, but not a cigarette buzz. So I agree with the replies above. The MAOI and CO comments in particular. There are about 3900+ other chemicals too.

I quit smoking 6/30/2010, smoke free on 7/1/2010. And I "fall back" on e-cigs many times a day, to avoid analogs. There are other sources of nicotine, but without vaping, when we fall off them we fall back to the nasty cigs.

TropicalBob did the math a year ago (post #20) and I find that amazing too. I hope to not quit quitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread