Do you still have the patience

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCigs

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2015
Croatia
I haven't been vaping for that long, about 4-5 months i think, and i am completely out of patience for explaining or justifying vaping. From comments like "that's worse than cigarettes" to "why are you inhaling electrons", at first i was patient to try and explain what vaping is and convince people how wrong they are, but now.. my response is mostly "good thing you don't have to do it".
I would still gladly help anyone interested in vaping or learning about it, but these side comments from people i barely know are getting really old and annoying.
Do you still have the patience to explain and convince people? And by people i don't mean close friends, i mean Jerry from accounting and other let's say acquaintances.

Nivek13

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2015
Chicago,IL
Yea the people at work do the same to me... I try explaining myself the best but all i keep hearing is... "You know they say those things are worse then cigarettes" or "Yea you think its safe know but wait untill 5 years down the line they find out its worse." all the way to "That thing looks ridiculous, i could never carry around that thing."

I think its just mostly because the only thing the general public sees about vaping is negative publicity on the news and word of mouth. Plus you know how people are, one person sees something small about vaping like a battery exploded... by the time they tell their freind, and their friend tells there freind, by the time it gets to the 5th freind the story went from a battery exploded to "these things have more chemicals in it then cigarettes."

Its not differnt then a roomer about someone in highschool thats spreads out of control. All it is is a bunch of mis infromation.

I just simply say that i feel a million times better since quitting smoking and starting to vape and i choose to do that over smoking.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
I have a neighbor who said "they say those things are worse than cigarettes". I replied "they aren't". He got a little upset and said "yes they are". I said "you should try to be informed rather than just opinionated." Good thing we like each other.

RandyF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Arizona
I don't have the patience to get into detail with people that are not interested in vaping. For the people that just want to say it is just another form of smoking and is just as bad, my response is, "Zero tar, zero combustion....guaranteed, how on earth can any INTELLIGENT person believe it is any where near as bad as smoking???"

I usually get a shrug because they know at that point any argument would only make them seem unintelligent.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
First of all, you can't fix stupid.

Inhaling electrons?
I....just....don't know how to respond to that.
Lmao

Second, I'm over 45 years old. At my age you really don't much care what other people think. Their opinions matter as much as breaking wind. It doesn't affect anything, just smells bad.

Krimble

May 9, 2015
My parents and grandparents keep telling me how bad e cigs are since they heard on the news that it was worst than cigarettes. I get irritated, because every time they see me vaping, they have to mention how bad it is. I hate when people believe everything they see on the news. I just tell them I feel a lot better and that that's their opinion.

Reactions: Nivek13

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Really, its not any different than the comments I've gotten over the years about my other life choices:

Why write songs? Its not like anyone will ever hear them!
Why would you buy a Mustang? What a stupid car! It barely has a backseat! (I am childless)
Motorcycles are dangerous!
You should just leave the door open on your wood stove so your house burns down. That would be easier than remodeling it.
I wouldn't take care of those horses! You should board them! You would never see me carrying a bucket of water!

Nivek13

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2015
Chicago,IL
You think that "inhaling electrons" is bad This lady at work last night seriously tried telling me you are inhaling batteries............... im dead serious.....i looked at her and said "Inhaling batteries?? What are you talking about" she said well look at whats poweing that thing a battery, you are inhaling batteries"...... I ended the convo there

Scottitude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
Metro Detroit
scottitude.net
that's why i went straight to mech mod. nothing to get frustrated about. know the battery safety, learn how to coil.. you are set to vape good volume of vapor at the nic level you need. simple and elegant solution to vaping.

conf40.gif

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
I still have patience. I always explain to people "ya know those Blu e-ciggs?..."

From just explaining how much it has helped me, I have gotten 3 people in my office to start vaping, and 1 corporate trainer to go buy a proper vape from a local shop in attempts to give up smoking. Moments like those are inspiring, and keep my patients. Luckily, I haven't been doing this long enough to get any negative comments when vaping out and about.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Before I retired, there was one particularly annoying little twerp at work who regularly went 50 feet out of his way to accost me while I was quietly vaping in an outdoor smoking area ...

His comment was typically "That has nicotine in it, you know" ... :grr:

I ignored him for about a week until I couldn't resist having some fun at his expense ...

Me: "Nicotine ? You put NICOTINE in my vaporizer ? :shock:

Mr. Busybody: Huh ? Whut ? :?:

Me: "You seem sure that there's nicotine in here, and I didn't put it in, so must have been YOU !" :mad:

Mr. Busybody: "No ... I ... huh .... hey ... wait ..." :confused:

Me: "If you do that again, I'll have to report it to HR !" :mad::mad:

This was in a work environment with an extremely predatory HR department that could have given lessons to the Spanish Inquisition ... :glare:

Problem solved ... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread