Do you still have the patience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
I hate when people believe everything they see on the news.

dont_believe_the_liberal_media_bumper_sticker-r96b1f653f7684ff681ab036eb155d51e_v9wht_8byvr_324.jpg

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
I've found a lot of the comments come from smokers when I'm out, whether they do it to justify their smoking habit or just plain ignorance, I don't know. I never go into detail with them, I just keep my thoughts to myself and have a private smile later. It's not worth explaining to people like that.

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
I haven't been vaping for that long, about 4-5 months i think, and i am completely out of patience for explaining or justifying vaping. From comments like "that's worse than cigarettes" to "why are you inhaling electrons", at first i was patient to try and explain what vaping is and convince people how wrong they are, but now.. my response is mostly "good thing you don't have to do it".
I would still gladly help anyone interested in vaping or learning about it, but these side comments from people i barely know are getting really old and annoying.
Do you still have the patience to explain and convince people? And by people i don't mean close friends, i mean Jerry from accounting and other let's say acquaintances.
So funny I'm the same way. I just agree with them. Yep you're probably right! Good thing I don't care about your opinion. Or I'll take my chances. Just not worth trying to explain to some people.

mojofilter

Mar 10, 2015
Florida, USA
It's a shame that so many of you have to put up with insensitive jerks like that in your daily life. I've only been vaping for five months next week, but no one has said a word about it to me yet. The few people at work who know I vape haven't said anything about it, either.

Then again, no strangers have asked me why I don't have any children, or what church I go to, or commented on my wife's weight by asking when the baby is due, asked me how much money I earn, or any other thing... but I read all the time about people who have that happen to them so often they have to vent about it on message boards. All I can say is, you have my sympathy.

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
You know, I honestly don't think I've ever had anyone tell me there was anything wrong with vaping. In fact I can't remember the last time a person I didn't already know well said anything at all, one way or the other about the subject.

I can't think of anytime in my life that someone I didn't know made any negative comment to me. I could beat a puppy in public with less reaction than some of these vapers seem to get.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
Not once in 4 years has anyone ever said anything negative to me about vaping. My family, friends and coworkers (most all are in the healthcare field) chose to be educated about ecigs rather then ignorantly judgmental. I know I am fortunate to be surrounded by those who are all for ecig use versus smoking, as for strangers other then some thumbs up from other vapers in passing I have only had one experience where someone thought I was doing "drugs" and that was early on when not many even knew what ecigs were.

Reactions: EBates

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
Most everyone who comments on me vaping have only good things to say. There is one idiot who repeatedly tells me that 'those things are worse than cigarettes'. I just say 'yeh ok' and let it go.
The best thing to do is tell people that you cannot believe how your libido has improved since you started vaping. it must be cos of the electrons....

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
So it goes like this...

You get one chance to tell me something misinformed about vaping.
But you ought to be sitting down, and it might help to have a beer on hand.

Eventually, I will thoroughly "inform" you about things, and you will understand.
Or you will agree to disagree, and be wise enough to never bring it up again.

As far as I know, I have properly "informed" everyone until they understood.
But some of them might just be in the "never bring it up again" category and I might not know it.
:laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread