Status
Not open for further replies.

Traver

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
WV
I have a provari and I have madvapes 2.8 ohm ce2 I tried vaping at multiple volts and still no luck. When they work it is amazing sadly when they taste burnt it a very clear burnt taste :(
Are those the metal ones or the clear plastic tubes. The reason I'm asking is that I want to know if you are filling them all the way. With the clear ones you can see but it's not as obvious with the metal tubes.

eso

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi jacquelyn
I'm a big fan of ce2's and can understand the frustration.Perhaps you might wish to consider Gotvapes new "stardust" system,I'm expecting mine in the mail soon.It sounds like a potentially hassle-free carto that might give you what you're looking for with the ce2's.Let's cross our fingers.Good luck!

sharpi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2011
Indiana
When I used ce2s on my ego I modded the ce2 a lot and they were great. I removed ALL 3 gaskets. There are videos on how to do it all over. then replaced the middle gasket flat side down. The one drawback is you have to keep them upright or they will leak. Nothing up top to hold the juice in. I loved them though and just always kept them upright. At HV this method doesn't work and I have moved to a tank/carto set up.

sumoman25

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2011
South Dakota
I know that feel... I used to hate ce2s as well.

I don't hate them anymore, but they will never be something that I can use all the time. They don't hold enough juice, and can leak easily. But here's how I use them.

Remove every silicon gasket, ring, etc. from the ce2.
Fill up the ce2 almost completely, just under the ceramic (white) cup.
Put the middle ring (should have a side that has ridges of sorts) facing the coil/cup.
Put on a drip tip, hold the ce2 upside down and see if it starts leaking (if it does, adjust the silicon gasket)
Give it several primer puffs, putting the ce2 upside down to force it to wick.
Take a nice drag, and enjoy.

I hate them towards the end of their fill, no matter what I do it wicks like crap. I take incredibly long drags (10-15 seconds, followed by another 5-10 seconds for extra throat hit) so it's probably me. I'm still searching for an atomizer that can handle my drag time, till then I'm a carto fan.

Traver

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
WV
So people who love them, where are you getting them from? I noticed mine didn't come in a 5 pack the way others were mine were 5 singles in a box. Could I have received bad brand version?
I buy mine at:
FLüXomizer™ 510 Clearomizer : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more
They helped develop CE2's and are the experts on them. Most CE2's tend to have wicking problems once they get down to about half full or if you are vaping much over 5 watts or if the last plug is pinching the wick too tightly. Because of that I use the bigger XL's. Sometimes the coils in the cup aren't wound evenly and those gum up quickly. I usually take out all of the plugs and vape them that way at home. Makes filling easy and they taste better. I put some or sometimes all of the plugs back in to use away from home but putting even one of them back changes the taste. I usually order at least ten at a time and am lucky to get eight that are usable but they do last me at least six months. It would be longer if I didn't lose them. They aren't for everybody. On the other hand the good ones taste just like you are dripping.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
So people who love them, where are you getting them from? I noticed mine didn't come in a 5 pack the way others were mine were 5 singles in a box. Could I have received bad brand version?

I get mine Exclusively from GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Chris (ECF: Badkolo) has worked Very Closely with MiT/RS in the Evolution of the CE2. They Only carry the Most Current Versions of the CE2.

As to your CE2’s not working for you, Have you read this thread?

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...s-tricks-ce-2-mods-technical-info-videos.html

There is a Lot of Great Tips and things you can do that Might Help.

I’ve been using CE2’s since Day One and there is One Thing you can do which Is Dead Simple and I feel the Best way to not get a Dry Hit. And that is to Tilt your PV up Slightly so the e-Liquid Pools around the Ceramic Cup when you take a Hit.

Give it a Try. It Might Surprise you.

BTW – What Ratio of PG to VG is your e-Liquid?

wfx

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
VA
try healthcabin as well. ce2 is not without faults but it's a good concept. get enough of them in rotation and they're enjoyable. especially the stainless steel ones.

also it's pricey but the torpedo tank from vapor-age is AWESOME. even got it working with the ce2 fluxos by swapping out the crappy white o-ring for a solid black one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread