Do you think is a good idea to continue vaping after i had GERD problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yonza0512

Apr 21, 2016
Hello all...i am new to this forum. I am from indonesia. A while ago i suffered from GERD (yes i went through all those scary symptoms - tight chest, skipping heartbeat, apnea). That day my acid reflux was becoming out of control and almost choke me to death, i almost cant breath at all. I was so scared like hell i thought it was a heart attack! I straight away went to hospital and did general check including my heart rate etc. Well, the Dr said everything is normal. But i do believe vaping was the cause of this. I never had this kind of scary panic attack before when i was smoking analog (1pack marlboro light a day - 20 years smoking). So the Dr gave me some meds. One of them is Ometrazole which i believe is one of the main drug that make me feel much better. After 2 days taking the meds, (so tell me i am crazy!) i was tempted so bad to try vaping again just because i love it so much. The flavor is so addictive that make me drooling every time i smell it..haha! Okay, so i gave it a go.....i lower my nic from 6mg (this was my 1st nic level when i started vaping) to 3mg. I mostly use RDA, 0.4-0.5ohm - 30-35watt. Unfortunately, this reflux problem always came back every time i vape. It seems like my body is becoming super sentive to vapor. So now i have been taking med again. Its a Nexium 40mg. I take 1 capsule each morning. Its been 2days now and i feel much better, even though i feel like still not totally cured. What funny is, i go back to analog now since that problem happened. And i am pretty sure the effect of this cigarette is much much lesser compared to vaping. How can this be?? I thought vaping supposed to be making me better than smoking?

Now i am so afraid to try to vape again. But my heart keep telling me, after everything back to normal (i will wait until next month), i would like to give another shot. Do you think this is a good idea? Do you guys have any advice for me what i should do to make me able back to vape again (and quit smoking one more time)?

Thanks guys!
Best regards. Yono

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I have had GERD for the past 25 years. I too take Omeprazole 20mg (generic for Prilosec). Nexium is the newer version of Prilosec (I had taken that one shortly, it is good but expensive). Any of the three drugs should keep your acid reflux in check. I know for some people, Omeprazole 20mg isn't enough and some need 40mg daily.

yonza0512

Apr 21, 2016
Thanks for all your reply guys. Actually, this Nexium is belonged to my wife. She has ulcer problem. She takes the meds only when the problem came up. She told me Nexium is also very good for Gerd. So i try. And it seems work pretty good on me. Now i feel better. My stomach feel better and acid seems 80% gone by now. I have a little feeling of bloated but not until bothering my activity.

I have some devices like hexohm v2.1, the physician boxmod, conspircyinc boxmod, all these using 2x18650batt. Also..i have vapedroid mods (1x22650) and provari radius (1x18650)..i used to like vaping using clearomiser (i have Amor+ wismec and praxis spitfire) but since i got the RTA (huricane and pico)..i decided to vape using RTA bcos the flavor and vapor prodiction is better...so then i tried the RDA and much prefer this compared to clearo/rta.

But now..i really willing to change the way i vape no matter how..as long as i can vape again.

Is it possible by using RDA daily is my main cause triggering the reflux? I have some RDA with wide bore tip like Kennedy rda/tugboat which i use a lot sometimes. Also..most of my driptip i change it with copa trinity glass so i can inhale more vapor (bcos of wider bore). Do you think this might be the cause to easily trigger the acid reflux (bcos too many vapor i inhale)?

What is the safer method i should be using to minimise the risk of acid reflux problem? Any idea? I would be glad to try it!

And yeah..apple cider vinegar..i have been told by my friend too..it could be very effective way to handleacid reflux problem :) i would try it also sometimes..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Reactions: BillW50

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Thanks for all your reply guys. Actually, this Nexium is belonged to my wife. She has ulcer problem. She takes the meds only when the problem came up. She told me Nexium is also very good for Gerd. So i try. And it seems work pretty good on me. Now i feel better. My stomach feel better and acid seems 80% gone by now. I have a little feeling of bloated but not until bothering my activity.

I have some devices like hexohm v2.1, the physician boxmod, conspircyinc boxmod, all these using 2x18650batt. Also..i have vapedroid mods (1x22650) and provari radius (1x18650)..i used to like vaping using clearomiser (i have Amor+ wismec and praxis spitfire) but since i got the RTA (huricane and pico)..i decided to vape using RTA bcos the flavor and vapor prodiction is better...so then i tried the RDA and much prefer this compared to clearo/rta.

But now..i really willing to change the way i vape no matter how..as long as i can vape again.

Is it possible by using RDA daily is my main cause triggering the reflux? I have some RDA with wide bore tip like Kennedy rda/tugboat which i use a lot sometimes. Also..most of my driptip i change it with copa trinity glass so i can inhale more vapor (bcos of wider bore). Do you think this might be the cause to easily trigger the acid reflux (bcos too many vapor i inhale)?

What is the safer method i should be using to minimise the risk of acid reflux problem? Any idea? I would be glad to try it!

And yeah..apple cider vinegar..i have been told by my friend too..it could be very effective way to handleacid reflux problem :) i would try it also sometimes..

I think it was Vg That was discussed here as the problem for stomachs. Maybe buy high quality vg and start diy your own juices?. Easier than you'd think...

Reactions: Hitmetwice

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    Thanks for all your reply guys.

Yes it makes sense that vinegar would neutralize the acid. Nexium here is very expensive and Omeprazole virtually works the same and it is so inexpensive. Vaping in regards to GERD, others told me it is the nicotine that causes the heartburn. I vape both mouth to lung (MTL) and direct to lung (DTL). And most when vaping MTL, generally use 12mg to 18mg of nicotine. But for DTL, most use 3mg to 6mg of nicotine. Are you currently within those?

yonza0512

Apr 21, 2016
    I have been vaping only for 1.5 month. So i really dont have any idea of how yo make my own juice (even though i really really want to make one my self ☺)

I also come to mind that VG is the cause of that. Because i have some ejuice which max VG and everytime i inhale those..the next day i have a tight chest feeling. In my country..all seller usually sell max VG...70vg..and 65vg (these are made in USA and France) and for local made ejuice...60vg is the lowest i can get. I probably will contact my friend to make a higher PG for me and see how it goes. But only after my condition is back to 100% normal and fit

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 18, 2012
    Ontario
    Second using high quality ingredients. Use the freshest available too. Trouble with store bought juice is even if it has a best before date on it we can never know what the date was on the ingredients that make it up.
    This is why I DIY, I Know it is freshest possible and top quality.
    I use 90% PG as VG bothers me.Cheers.

yonza0512

Apr 21, 2016
    Somehow..vaping is kind of important to me. Bcos i try so many times to give up smoking but failed. This vaping help me to quit smoking permanently. Besides, building coil, many types RDAs, RTAs and all those devices are really becoming my very interesting hobby which is so sad if cpuld not continue vaping.

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 18, 2012
    Ontario
    @Hotmet...do you think 90%pg is smooth enough to inhale? I read higher PG will give more throat hit. Is 90%pg comfortable enough to inhale?

One needs to make adjustments of course. Lower nic perhaps, lower flavour, lower power setting etc.
    Been doing it since I started no probs. Just don't think anyone can make such a change like that without making other adjustments to suit as well.
    As with anything else vape, small tweaks here and there make small improvements, in the end we hope to arrive at a place that is better than just acceptable, but good.

Reactions: yonza0512
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread