Do you think the fda will regulate everything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
I'm in the opinion that they will just regulate juice since that's where the nicotine is. And they won't regulate the mods. Or is that like atf regulating the sale of bullets but not guns? By the same token. Certain shops can sell equipment for smoking a substance I won't mention on here. However that seems to be hardly regulated and certainly isn't banned.

Daoshen

Nov 18, 2015
Inhalers are classified as medical devices, and thus already regulated under the FDA. If previous regulation take overs are to believed then they will push for everything and that will basically stick until the courts step in with some good reason why they can't, which doesn't seem overly likely unless the industry can get some big lobbying bucks behind it.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
I'm guessing folks will get creative with the nomenclature for vaping devices too. A vape mod would fall under the pervue of the FDA. A personal steam inhaler would not.

I think you'll be hard pressed to find a "personal vaporizer" that you'll use for vaping if the FDA gets what's in their deeming regulations. Those won't make it past the approval process, which means they'll be taken off the market. You can call them whatever you like but it's what the FDA deems them to be. And apparently they declare anything used for the purposes of ecigs or vaping to fall under their authority.

I think it's going to get really bad and hard to buy anything vape related, except cigalikes. It's a little late for lobbying this time around. Maybe some big names can win some court cases later but that will take maybe a couple of years down the road. We will be in limbo until then.

Better stock up and be ready.

BoomerFZ1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2014
Pittsburgh, Pa
There was a news story here in Pittsburgh focusing on the danger of the devices as opposed to the danger of vaping. It was nice and shocking showing blown mech mods and folks in hospital beds. They showed a couple guys in a vape shop and they couldn't help themselves...taking massive, cloud-chucking hits from the very products that were being described. And it honestly shamed me as a vapor. Right there Pittsburgh got THEIR image of what all of us are. That's the kind of thing that doesn't help.

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
I'm guessing folks will get creative with the nomenclature for vaping devices too. A vape mod would fall under the pervue of the FDA. A personal steam inhaler would not.

Label them as a product for research, and/or laboratory equipment (portable Bunsen burner!!! :evil:) and strictly not for human consumption. What people do after purchase is the individuals problem :)

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Label them as a product for research, and/or laboratory equipment (portable Bunsen burner!!! :evil:) and strictly not for human consumption. What people do after purchase is the individuals problem :)

They described this in their deeming regulations as mislabeling. They went into some detail about it. I doubt anybody will get away with it. The fines aren't cheap.

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
MyPurMist Handheld Steam Inhaler Kit | Walgreens
The FDA slapped a stamp of approval on this with no regulation or taxation. It's a personal vaporizer with a ceramic coil. Put a drip tip on it and fill it with juice ad you could actually vape it. If advertised as a similar product they would have no reason to regulate an atty. Mods could be advertised as a variable voltage/wattage (dimming) power supply for a flashlight. All we would need would be for one company to manufacture a small flashlight with a removable 510 head. Hell, I would buy one to keep in the car. I always have a mod with me, so it might actually be handy. There are lots of creative ways around regulation and the folks that are making the billions are not going to give up the profits without at least trying.

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
They described this in their deeming regulations as mislabeling. They went into some detail about it. I doubt anybody will get away with it. The fines aren't cheap.

I missed that part :( Nonetheless... I still want a portable Bunsen burner ;)

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
I still want a portable Bunsen burner ;)
maxresdefault.jpg

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
MyPurMist Handheld Steam Inhaler Kit | Walgreens
The FDA slapped a stamp of approval on this with no regulation or taxation. It's a personal vaporizer with a ceramic coil. Put a drip tip on it and fill it with juice ad you could actually vape it. If advertised as a similar product they would have no reason to regulate an atty. Mods could be advertised as a variable voltage/wattage (dimming) power supply for a flashlight. All we would need would be for one company to manufacture a small flashlight with a removable 510 head. Hell, I would buy one to keep in the car. I always have a mod with me, so it might actually be handy. There are lots of creative ways around regulation and the folks that are making the billions are not going to give up the profits without at least trying.

Oh I don't doubt they''ll be a black market.

I'm just a little leery that they'll be on top of things like you are describing. But who knows. I guess we will see. Hopefully you are right. I think most people, mainstream vapers, won't bother with it if they have to think outside the box. I have enough mods and RDAs/RBAs, 5 gallons of 100mg nic, and 12 gallons each of VG and PG that I won't need anything. I just hate it for others who haven't stocked up or won't know how to buy from the black markets that pop up.

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
Oh I don't doubt they''ll be a black market.

I'm just a little leery that they'll be on top of things like you are describing. But who knows. I guess we will see. Hopefully you are right. I think most people, mainstream vapers, won't bother with it if they have to think outside the box. I have enough mods and RDAs/RBAs, 5 gallons of 100mg nic, and 12 gallons each of VG and PG that I won't need anything. I just hate it for others who haven't stocked up or won't know how to buy from the black markets that pop up.

My personal biggest fear will be how they treat the act, not so much the products... Can I vape on private property? Will the act of vaping be "regulated"? (see: manhandled by local police) What about in my car? My home? Will we get to experience the all too dramatic kicking-of-the-door for a raid on your 5 gal Vitamin-N™ ?(street-name! I called it first!)

I'm just wondering how far will local PD go to ZOMG SAVE THE CHILLDRENZ! If it will mean clogging the US prisons even more just to save these mythical children from that satanic, hell-fire, demon blood NICOTINE! ...Oh sorry, here kid, that'll be $9.60 for the pack of Camels... need any portable Bunsen burners for those?

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
Are they marketed as tobacco pipes? That should be FDA.
They are, but the FDA doesn't regulate tobacco delivery devices... yet. Just the tobacco itself. When they regulate vape gear it will be the 1st time they have done so. It's another part of why folks see this coming cluster :censored: as an attack meant to kill vaping while supporting BT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread