Do you think the fda will regulate everything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I follow two national issues, vaping and struggles over the short term rental market (ie Airbnb). The reason they are VERY controversial is because they work and billions of dollars are at stake, lots of winners and losers. US smokers turn over $100 billion a year at gas stations and party stores for tobacco. Most of that money goes to governments who then parcel it out to thousands of institutions. The beneficiaries know who they are. They know who will get cuts first if tax revenues decline. What's at stake for them are jobs, mortgages, a comfortable retirement. Whether we live or die is the least of their concerns. They will favor anything that keeps that money flowing as it always has. If they don't have good arguments they will make stupid ones because only the money matters. They may be people of high caliber and integrity when there isn't much at stake but when it's their livelihoods and the welfare of their families then expect them to be ruthless liars. So sad we let our governments be in the drug business.

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
It's sad that we've allowed the federal government to be in the 'control' business.
I'm gonna be that guy. Yes I'm from the south but I think our country would be better off as a confederacy. Minus that whole slavery part. Country is too big to fall under one govt. We would do better as an EU system

Daoshen

Nov 18, 2015
I'm gonna be that guy. Yes I'm from the south but I think our country would be better off as a confederacy. Minus that whole slavery part. Country is too big to fall under one govt. We would do better as an EU system

Only difference between a confederacy and a federated republic is no executive branch, and justice is handled by the states individually. The 10th amendment was supposed to retain power with the states rather than the fed, as state law supercedes federal law. It's easy to throw blame around, but honestly at the end of the day it's the peoples fault for not fighting it and letting the fed grow and grow and take more power than was ever intended unchecked and largely unimpeded. At this point all we can do is put in people who actually have our interest in mind locally and hopefully one day get enough of them onto the fed scene so that something can actually change. Until then watch more of your protected rights and freedoms get eroded until either a massive political shift happens, an uprising, or the end of the world whichever comes first.

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Only difference between a confederacy and a federated republic is no executive branch, and justice is handled by the states individually. The 10th amendment was supposed to retain power with the states rather than the fed, as state law supercedes federal law. It's easy to throw blame around, but honestly at the end of the day it's the peoples fault for not fighting it and letting the fed grow and grow and take more power than was ever intended unchecked and largely unimpeded. At this point all we can do is put in people who actually have our interest in mind locally and hopefully one day get enough of them onto the fed scene so that something can actually change. Until then watch more of your protected rights and freedoms get eroded until either a massive political shift happens, an uprising, or the end of the world whichever comes first.
Kind of pessimistic view but realistic nonetheless. I would like to believe it's just gonna be a political shift but who knows. I'm not big on violence.

MikeTay9779

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2015
When and if the FDA will regulate our juices, pg, vg, flavors, nic, vaping devices, etc...all it will really do is raise prices to the point cigarettes are at now. Government has gotten too big and intrusive on all our lives. It's a time for a revolution, but i see no one that is willing to go through that. It would mean another civil war.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
I'm in the opinion that they will just regulate juice since that's where the nicotine is. And they won't regulate the mods. Or is that like atf regulating the sale of bullets but not guns? By the same token. Certain shops can sell equipment for smoking a substance I won't mention on here. However that seems to be hardly regulated and certainly isn't banned.

the other stuff is not threatening Big Tobacco :smokie:

follow the money :blink:

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
When and if the FDA will regulate our juices, pg, vg, flavors, nic, vaping devices, etc...all it will really do is raise prices to the point cigarettes are at now. Government has gotten too big and intrusive on all our lives. It's a time for a revolution, but i see no one that is willing to go through that. It would mean another civil war.

We don't need violence to solve these issues.. We need VOTERS.... The government we have is the government we deserve. Because only about 30% of those able vote for our politicians, vote. 60-70% of us sit on the side lines and whine about the results. We are supposed to be a Democratic Republic. But that doesn't work so well when it is ruled by politicians put into power by a minority of possible voters. And it really doesn't work when that voting minority, is more interest in, what is in it for them, rather than what is best for us ALL.

Reactions: Daoshen

MikeTay9779

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2015
We don't need violence to solve these issues.. We need VOTERS.... The government we have is the government we deserve. Because only about 30% of those able vote for our politicians, vote. 60-70% of us sit on the side lines and whine about the results. We are supposed to be a Democratic Republic. But that doesn't work so well when it is ruled by politicians put into power by a minority of possible voters. And it really doesn't work when that voting minority, is more interest in, what is in it for them, rather than what is best for us ALL.
That is true, but to those of who do vote it makes it a miserable place to live. I personally love my country. I served 21 years in the military and would have died for it, but the state it is in makes me sick.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
That is true, but to those of who do vote it makes it a miserable place to live. I personally love my country. I served 21 years in the military and would have died for it, but the state it is in makes me sick.

This is because the politician serves the Vocal minority, of the minority that votes.

Thank You, for that service.... Just imagine how different the world would be today. IF, the military had been allowed to do it's job the way they are trained and built to do it.... Heck the ISIS thing could be solved in less than a week. If even 1, B-52 bomber squadron, was used to it's full, conventional armed, potential. Add some nukes to the load, the Middle east is fixed in a day.

Reactions: Jdurand

Daoshen

Nov 18, 2015
the other stuff is not threatening Big Tobacco :smokie:

follow the money :blink:

While not untrue I believe your thinking is too narrow. Yes the juice will be first, and hit the hardest, but if you think politicians will walk away from taxing everything they can at tobacco levels (well above normal sales tax in most states, 27% above here in PA) that is little more than wishful hoping. Honestly I don't think any one in office cares about Big Tobacco one way or another, just want their money and if they can find a new cash cow with higher returns through taxing they'll be all over it.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California

Well if we actually followed the constitution, this country would be more like a confederacy of independent states. The south was correct in that part of the argument.
What we need to remember is the slavery thing was not an American policy. It was something left over from the days of British rule. It was just more common in the more rural southern portions of the country. It's not like the south could get the citified northerners to come down and grow the crops.

The EU systems is what we have, going on today, on steroids.. I doubt that would help anyone. It hasn't helped Europe. The EU system is after-all based on what Washington is doing. It's just easier there.

Reactions: Jorge22

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
We don't need violence to solve these issues.. We need VOTERS.... The government we have is the government we deserve. Because only about 30% of those able vote for our politicians, vote. 60-70% of us sit on the side lines and whine about the results.
Voting for someone is giving that person explicit consent to govern you. It's been a long time since anyone has run for office that I'd give such consent to.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Voting for someone is giving that person explicit consent to govern you. It's been a long time since anyone has run for office that I'd give such consent to.

You are 100% correct. That's why we need to vote, in every election. If the person or party you voted for last time doesn't do as they said or as you agree with. You vote for someone/something else next time.

There is no person or even god that I agree with 100% of the time. Perfection is not possible when Opinions or beliefs are involved.

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
You are 100% correct. That's why we need to vote, in every election. If the person or party you voted for last time doesn't do as they said or as you agree with. You vote for someone/something else next time.

There is no person or even god that I agree with 100% of the time. Perfection is not possible when Opinions or beliefs are involved.
Too bad there's only like two options. I hate the two party system which is why I don't vote sometimes

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Well if we actually followed the constitution, this country would be more like a confederacy of independent states. The south was correct in that part of the argument.
What we need to remember is the slavery thing was not an American policy. It was something left over from the days of British rule. It was just more common in the more rural southern portions of the country. It's not like the south could get the citified northerners to come down and grow the crops.

The EU systems is what we have, going on today, on steroids.. I doubt that would help anyone. It hasn't helped Europe. The EU system is after-all based on what Washington is doing. It's just easier there.
I thought the EU was setup just to make commerce easier and traveling between countries. And to say something about the fda. Why are they deeming vaping tobacco if its not tobacco. And your saying if they can tax juice then they won't ban it. Cuz thafs money they can make? That will suck when they tax it. If they do I'll definitely go full time diy

philoshop

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2014
geneva, ny, usa
Was there ever a regulatory entity that didn't want to regulate everything?

I think we need a regulatory entity that regulates regulatory entities. That should keep them occupied.

It's called the US Congress. Unfortunately their occupation in the regulatory business consists mostly of rubber-stamping regulatory proposals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread