Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardV

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
The Golden Isles of Georgia, USA
After smoking for 45 years I started vaping 24mg and gradually tapered down to 18mg where I stayed for a while. In January 2014 I started tapering down again until on December 19th I was at 0mg.
I still enjoy vaping but it is no longer an addiction, I now enjoy lung hits with more vapor, but I have not gone down the low ohm road.

carlyO

Sep 9, 2014
South Florida
0mg is definitely a goal. Not rushing into it, though. I had quit the cigs last year for a few months and rushed into cutting down on Nic levels pretty quickly. This time around I'm not looking at this as any kind of race. Just doing what feels right/comfortable. Vaping between 12-18mg on my little ego that I take out of the house at work etc. At home, I have been vaping on 3mg max vg on my new Kanger Subtank Mini that my S/O just surprised me with last week.

Some Random Guy

May 1, 2015
Calgary Canada
Haven't gotten down to 0 yet. I have a collection of flavours ranging from 24 down to 3. Usually vaping 3mg since I find myself using my vape as a pacifier haha. I carry a bottle of 6 and 12 in my backpack while I'm at work for those times I find myself craving a cigarette, usually only when I'm working with certain individuals that are constantly smoking.

Reactions: Caro123

mojofilter

Mar 10, 2015
Florida, USA
My introduction to vaping was when I went to a vape shop to look into it, and tried some of their sample flavors, which were 0 nicotine. They all tasted like stage fog with the remotest hint of aftertaste. I mean no offense to anyone who likes it, but I can't come up with a reason why I would want to inhale stage fog that tastes like it rolled by a city block from a candy cane or a grape.

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
I did get down to 0mg for a while but was vaping my face off and realized it doesn't make any sense as it keeps the inhaling habit alive. So I decided to try the other approach - reducing frequency and quantity. Worked quite well, I now vape about 4 times per day, low nic. Some nic gum helped in the process. Vaping unflavoured also helps since it eliminates the attraction of the flavour itself so you have less reasons to pull the mod out. Once I get rid of the inhaling part I believe it would be much easier to go "occasional" vaper aka not daily.

This poll is to find out how many people use zero nic eliquid, and if so, all the time or just occasionally.

Although I occasionally vape zero nic PG/VG mix to clear my coil head of a previous flavour before refilling the clearo, I see no sensible reason ever to reduce my nicotine intake to nil, since nicotine has proven cognitive benefits and is not in any way harmful or addictive. If I was ever silly enough to consider abstaining from nicotine I would doubtless also give up vaping.

LobsterGoD

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2009
I managed to step down to 5mg after a year of being at 8mg, after a few months of sitting at 5mg i started to get nic sick later in the day and went down to 3mg and the same thing is starting to happen now. For now what i do is rotate 0mg with my 3mg so i don't end up overloaded by the afternoon, guess i could just mix up some 1.5mg to make it a bit easier.

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
the only reason i would consider going to zero nic if it became impossible to get nic liquid because of legislation.
but if i really want some nic in the event of said legislation i could always buy cigs again, the govt doesnt mind you getting nic that way just as long as u pay ur taxes on it. :D

Reactions: Caro123
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread