Do you vape cinnamon flavors? Read this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerlily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2010
Oklahoma
I don't know if I'm happy or sad that I just read through this thread. A few months after I started vaping I started having major issues with acid reflux and was afraid it was being caused by vaping so I avoided going to the doctor for a couple of months. I won't go into details about how bad it was, but trust me it was something nobody should ever have to go through. I noticed it was much worse after vaping hot cinnamon flavors so I started avoiding the flavor. I was later diagnosed with a hiatal hernia and was put on medication to control the acid. I've been without major issues now for about a year and have begun to wonder whether it was safe to try vaping the hot cinnamon again since I really loved the flavor. I even had some in my shopping cart and was about to hit the button but decided to check to see if any new information was available first when I found this thread. In view of my previous experiences, I think I'll have to forego the hot cinnamon.

Mezzum

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2011
Conroe, Texas
After reading this thread again,now I am kinda freaked out. I only Vape cinnamon, have done so for a year and a half. And I Vape super strong cinnamon. As my other post says I buy X3 Cinna-Bomb and add another 4 ml to a 30 ml bottle of cinnamon flavoring from PA. Yikes. I have tried to switch to something else, but my taste buds are so far gone, nothing I Vape is satisfying. I have tried soda flavors, other candy flavors, fruit flavors, mints (peppermint etc), every thing I can think of, none of them have any flavor at all. The only thing I can "taste" are fruit flavors I have added very strong menthol drops. But the menthol is so strong I can't do it very long.

I really need some help with this, I can't go back to analogues, but I am a chain vapor. I just need that one flavor I can use for a couple weeks to let my taste buds heal then I believe all the other flavors will work. The search continues..

Note: I have a DR appt in June, gonna have her run the gambit of tests. I always have a liver function test done due to my massive amount of narcotics I take, morphine etc... I will report back.

VapingTums

Verified Member
Apr 21, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
After reading this thread again,now I am kinda freaked out. I only Vape cinnamon, have done so for a year and a half. And I Vape super strong cinnamon. As my other post says I buy X3 Cinna-Bomb and add another 4 ml to a 30 ml bottle of cinnamon flavoring from PA. Yikes. I have tried to switch to something else, but my taste buds are so far gone, nothing I Vape is satisfying. I have tried soda flavors, other candy flavors, fruit flavors, mints (peppermint etc), every thing I can think of, none of them have any flavor at all. The only thing I can "taste" are fruit flavors I have added very strong menthol drops. But the menthol is so strong I can't do it very long.

I really need some help with this, I can't go back to analogues, but I am a chain vapor. I just need that one flavor I can use for a couple weeks to let my taste buds heal then I believe all the other flavors will work. The search continues..

Note: I have a DR appt in June, gonna have her run the gambit of tests. I always have a liver function test done due to my massive amount of narcotics I take, morphine etc... I will report back.

I will give this advice to anyone who is a chain vapor: try WTA juice. I puffed my ecig contiously until I switched to WTA. Now I only use it briefly and feel satisfied. The flavor aspect becomes less important as long as it tastes clean and pleasant. If I was you I would get onto WTA, totally quit the cinnamon flavors and let your taste buds recover. It will be hard at first since you won't taste much but it will be worth it.

I think if you do that you will get back to normal in terms of how much you use your ecig and your taste perception.

siampumpkin

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2011
Thanks for the important information. I just mixed up my own DIY Cinnamon and it is quickly becoming one of my favorites. Thankfully, it Cinnamon Ceylon from flavor arts. Since I live in South East Asia the Cassia form of Cinnamon is also common. I once rode a scooter through a "Cinnamon Forrest" on a small island in the Gulf of Thailand that was part of Vietnam. Pure paradise.

misterkai

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
San Diego
Thanks for the important information. I just mixed up my own DIY Cinnamon and it is quickly becoming one of my favorites. Thankfully, it Cinnamon Ceylon from flavor arts. Since I live in South East Asia the Cassia form of Cinnamon is also common. I once rode a scooter through a "Cinnamon Forrest" on a small island in the Gulf of Thailand that was part of Vietnam. Pure paradise.

I am also using Flavour Art cinnamon ceylon at 20% and have zero issues aside from my sense of taste being a little wacky with other flavors for a couple hours after I switch from the cinnamon. From what I understand, FA's cinnamon is PG (not oil) based and is water soluble. It has a delicious, potent cinnamon flavor and great TH, but even at 20% it isn't really very spicy at all. I don't use polycarbonate tanks, but I haven't noticed the juice causing any problems or deterioration with any bottles or cartos. I was interested in trying a spicier cinnamon flavor that has the burn like the good old atomic fireball candies I loved as a kid, so I was considering testing out the different Lorann and PA cinnamon flavors, but after reading this thread, I think I will just stick to FA. It's made in Italy after all, and they know how to do food and flavors over there... ;)

Last edited:

ohai

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2012
Wichita, KS, United States
I've been vaping Atomic Cinnacide from Tasty Vapes for two days solid, and am completely smitten with it, but it does have a burn to it, a little sting on your lips. Mixing it with Ms T's snickerdoodle eliminated the sting and still gives that gorgeous warm cinnamon flavor, and I can see myself happy with it for a long long time.

Does anyone know if they use a relatively safe cinnamon, or one of the relatively unsafe types? I do know it's an oil based flavoring.

RicZilla

May 9, 2012
Ottawa, Canada
I love the taste of cinamon go some CINNABLAZE from jugheads really really strong stuff but love it just a change from the other flavours kinda resets your taste buds ;)

On another note if you get some CINNABLAZE dont use them with Vision Stardust It melts the black mouthpiece I really mean it mealts it the plastic get super soft and curls up I was more worried about the tank but my clear one just got a bit cloudy no cracks.

Now I will have to find me some metal cartos ;) to finish up that delicous liquid fire :)

Todd Dempster

Apr 27, 2012
Arvada, Co.
After having my cinnamon flavors continuously "melt" my drip tips, etch and disfigure my plastic tanks, disintegrate the glue holding the threads of my drip tips on, getting little, white, blister-like bumps on my tongue, making my chest so tight I can't get a deep breath, and burning my nasal passages, I set out to find a way to dilute it.

What I finally came up with is a flavor I now call "Apple Pie". It's not exactly a DIY flavor because all I'm doing is mixing store-bought liquids, not using a base and flavoring. Anyhoo . . . I've been mixing 6ml of Sour Apple, 3ml Red Hot, and 1ml of French Vanilla in a 10ml bottle and I haven't had any of the above problems since. Trust me (famous last words), it's probably the best flavor you'll ever taste. ;)

Scattdadi vprs

Oct 15, 2012
Portland
This might be the answer to my 2 month long swollen lymph nodes, I been vaping a lot of cinnamon Danish swirl ever since it happened and been having alotof problems with my neck and tounge gradually swelling to a very unpleasant size and I've been trying to figure it out for awhile. Anyone get swollen nodes from flavors wi cinomin in them?

ChaoticKinesis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
NYC
One night I was vaping a cinnamon juice and when I looked in the bathroom mirror I noticed a line of dried blood along the outer edge of my entire bottom lip. Though I found it strange at the time, since I've never had anything like it, I didn't think much of it and assumed it was due to dry winter lips. The juice also irritated my tongue so I put off vaping it for a while. A few weeks later I tried it again and after vaping for a few hours the dried blood around my lip came back. I threw the juice out and know I will be avoiding anything with cinnamon flavoring in the future.

Last edited:

cigarbabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Residing in Henniker, NH
vaperstv
Why is it people always tend towards being alarmist at the least bit of negative news within the vaping community?
Cinnamon has many good qualities also and I don't consider the "Livestrong sites" one of the better informed "pseudo medical guides".
Of course I am not talking about those of you who've had some sort of reaction to vaping juices with it. On the flip side of the coin cinnamon also has beneficial health effects. Cinnamon offers anti-clotting and anti-microbial benefits, boosts brain function and contributes to a healthy colon. It may also help control blood sugar in people with diabetes.
Read more: Cinnamon Health Benefits | LIVESTRONG.COM
These "facts" also came from the same site the OP quoted.
I'm supposing these "facts" could be true perhaps of lots of organic or natural flavors we use we just don't know about the effects in our lungs or very little at best. :)
C.B.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread