Do you vape @ HOME in front of your family?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Do you not drink coffee around kids, too? Caffeine is a stimulant very similar to nicotine, so kids shouldn't be exposed to caffeine either. What about drinking soda around kids? Bloomberg says that is bad for us. ;)

I don't understand why something that is legal, intended for adults and relatively safe compared to other things humans do and consume is making a "bad impression."

UntamedRose

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Homeish now
Dont mind me......

4e07e31694ab1_215143n.jpg

Penn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
In the wilderness
True enough it is hard to find those people. Buddhism is an amazing religion, and talk about complex! The teachings and values are quite simple. The implications and continued thought forms however are not... I learned a lot of my own views from Buddhist teachings. In fact a lot of us do without realizing that Buddhism was the original source. Funny how things always come full circle, another Buddhist; though originally Daoist I believe, teaching that everyone knows and loves.

I don't see it as a religion. It is a philosophical system. But yeah, it is more prevalent in our society than most people notice.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
Do you not drink coffee around kids, too? Caffeine is a stimulant very similar to nicotine, so kids shouldn't be exposed to caffeine either. What about drinking soda around kids? Bloomberg says that is bad for us. ;)

I don't understand why something that is legal, intended for adults and relatively safe compared to other things humans do and consume is making a "bad impression."

I don't have kids myself, but I feel like I do not need to be doing stuff in fromt of others' kids. Their parents can be the bad influence. Just my opinion.

Mud Pie

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2013
Cypress, TX
I vape in front of anyone, no shame. In this overly Politically Correct world (you have to hyphenate everything to make it less "hurtful". I'm not short, I'm vertically-challenged. I'm not going bald, I'm follicle-impaired.) it's getting harder and harder to do anything. You have to "hide", "conceal"....you can't be you anymore, you have to please everyone else first, you last.

Not me.

Don't like me vaping ? Your shoes still work; use 'em.

Vapeman12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
Georgia
I really think all kids need to know what going on, My dad always said " son just cause i do this doesn't mean you need to, its a nasty bad habit and i wish i could quite"
I have never understood why people smoked, anyone i ever asked said it calmed them down.
Well I am Vaping now no nic just to try it, i am enjoying it, it gives me sweet tastes in my mouth and I am not eating snacks or not craving for snacks. I would rather my kid to vap no nic with sweet juice then to smoke or try drugs, I guess I am 1 out of 1,000 who just never thought smoking was cool
in school we sen pictures of non smokers and smokers lungs I thought it as gross and didn't want my lungs to look all black.

Last edited:

CrimsonJack

Ursus Praedonum
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
The Vobbit Hole
The world is a far different place than when I grew up. There was a time that kids had to watch what they did around adults, not the other way around. Don't get me wrong, there is plenty in the world that kids don't need to be exposed to, but I'm far more concerned about my nephew pretending to kill people en masse playing Call of Duty than seeing me vape.

minimalsaint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Michigan
One of my favorite pastimes is hanging out with the wife, playing Halo and talking smack. I never vape in front of the kids, but once they are in bed I don't see any reason to sneak around. After a couple of hours, my wife calls the living room "Studio 54" without the disco and roofies.
Recently, my son (5) asked me what the silver tubes are that I carry around sometimes, so I told him the truth. He was not impressed and could have cared less once he found out they weren't neuralyzers from MIB. I'm not as cool as I thought.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
One of my favorite pastimes is hanging out with the wife, playing Halo and talking smack. I never vape in front of the kids, but once they are in bed I don't see any reason to sneak around. After a couple of hours, my wife calls the living room "Studio 54" without the disco and roofies.
Recently, my son (5) asked me what the silver tubes are that I carry around sometimes, so I told him the truth. He was not impressed and could have cared less once he found out they weren't neuralyzers from MIB. I'm not as cool as I thought.

That's where I won the macho competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread