Do you vape juice from China, or only from USA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elfstone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2012
OH
I also think of a nation of hard working people, good natured, trusting entrepreneurs with a tradition of standing behind their products and being proud of their quality who has been / is being destroyed by a handful of venture capitalists who have never provided their fellow men with anything useful or beneficial. And of a nation who, through their top political appointees, stands on the side of the un-ever-justifiably rich parasites and actively wages war against honest business.

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
I appreciate everyone's position. My only issue is that I feel you can count on one hand how many people have their minds changed by being attacked. I was just asking a question as a new member and did not intend to create a firestorm. My apologies.

I don't think we mean for you to feel attacked. I don't, but as I said, this topic doesn't get discussed.
I'm glad you brought it up.
The china bashing tends to be off the cuff comments in unrelated threads and it seldom gets addressed.
If we can't have an open discussion here then it's just a marketing forum... What good is that?

TTK

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Johnson City, TN
I use Dekang DK-Tab and Menthol. They are as safe as any IMO, except probably Ecopure. Boge-Dekang have the most advanced e-liquid facilities in the world. But, I like some American e-liquids from the big players in the business. I also like and use Ecopure, which is probably the safest flavored e-liquid produced anywhere, although not enough flavor for some people. I have pretty much settled on Dekang and Ecopure and some DIY.

How many American e-liquid producers will show their production facilities? I know of only two, Johnson Creek and Americaleliquid. There may be more, but I am not aware of them. A lot of American e-liquid producers/sellers seem to me to be mom and pop shops producing their products either in their kitchen or their garage. There are just too many of them to be high quality facilities. There is an embedded "China fear" in the US, but the penalties for big mistakes in China are literally "life threatening".

ChuckB

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Uvalde, Texas
I mostly DIY, but do use some USA juice, probably 3-4 bottles of "store-bought" per year. I have used Dekang and never had a problem with it. Never been real concerned about the perceived China quality issue. The only juice I've ever had that went bad was USA made, but it was because I forgot it for a while in the back of a vehicle in Texas summer.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
I'm not sure how "Mom and Pop" ever made it into the e-liquid discussion. I tend to imagine single dude in his kitchen, basement or garage.

In my area, you can rent a commercial kitchen, compete with sanitation services, by the hour or the day. As a "single dude", I always thought that's how I would approach it if I wanted to start on a small scale basis. There's no excuse to be doing stuff like that in your bathroom. You'd never get away with making any other consumables that way.

binspector1961

Moved On
Apr 28, 2012
FL
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Moved On
I was in China a few years ago for two months and the culture is pretty different. I never saw a building or factory as clean as the one in this video. Maybe the building was brand new or maybe the company has decided to conform to the standards of other countries. As I sit here vaping on my fruit trail pack from DeKang, I hesitate... I won't use my pottery from China because of the lead glazes, I won't use cosmetics from China because of some of the harmful additives... Somethng to think about...

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Most I'd not all the juices are use are likely from China. I am not ashamed. In general they have better throat hit and are pre-steeped. I am guessing most if not all PG /VG is China born but I could be wrong.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

I'm pretty sure a lot of the PG is Chinese. VG is dirt cheap and a byproduct of other agricultural process, so it is likely to be made here from stuff that would otherwise be thrown away. It's hardly worth shipping around the world.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
I was in China a few years ago for two months and the culture is pretty different. I never saw a building or factory as clean as the one in this video. Maybe the building was brand new or maybe the company has decided to conform to the standards of other countries. As I sit here vaping on my fruit trail pack from DeKang, I hesitate... I won't use my pottery from China because of the lead glazes, I won't use cosmetics from China because of some of the harmful additives... Somethng to think about...

Ever been inside an American factory? A lot depends on what kind of factory it is. Did you look at factories that made pharmaceuticals or nicotine or food products? Check out an American poultry or beef processing plant sometime. You probably will turn vegan.

As for cosmetics, if you want to be safe from harmful additives, you have to use the European stuff. The U.S., and China, approach things 180 degrees opposite than Europe. In Europe, a manufacturer has to prove an additive is safe before it's used. In the U.S., an additive can be used until it's proven unsafe. That is why every year, different additives are banned from use in the U.S. whereas, in Europe, they were never allowed in the first place. Red dye #2, anyone?

Another thing is, every time you hear of something from China with lead paint, or a contaminant that makes it into the U.S., a Chinese executive, or three, or four, go to prison. Some are executed if the incident is serious enough. Now, tell me the last time an American executive went to prison because one of his products was contaminated or killed or injured someone.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
US only. I have panic disorder and can't deal with the thought of Chinese nicotine.
That is not some attack on the Chinese, it is about my panic disorder.

Anyone who feels they have a need to convince me the companies I've contacted to ask where their nicotine comes from were lying will be put on my ignore list. I don't care if it is true, as I said I can't deal with that thought. Any attempts to convince me otherwise will be seen as exactly what they are, attempts to get me back smoking cigarettes and that person will simply be blocked.
It is not your place to talk sense into me and if that were possible I'd be able to talk myself into going a mile to Walmart without the help of Xanax.

BTW, FSC were made mandatory by the antis not BT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread