Do you worry? Long term effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I haven't even thought about it much, but the worst I've had is spring allergies that just result in a runny nose. When I smoked, that would eventually turn into a lung congestion thing, sometimes with aggravating results and bronchitis.

That doesn't happen anymore. I just get the light nasal reaction to allergens without all the resultant infections.

jombo

Jun 27, 2013
somewhere, fl, usa
Was I worried when I was 10 and caught smoking behind the shed? Or how abt that green herb and all those bales all my life was I worried?
I am not worried a bit as 1 thing is for sure ya can't get outa this world alive can ya? I do know I never felt better after 2 or 3 weeks off the cigs after I started vaping almost 2 years ago. So nope not a bit concerned I just mix it and vape it what happens will happen.

ItsJkay

Feb 2, 2014
United States
I'm not too worried about what the possible long term affects could be. I do think that there has to be some and most of us will be finding out what they may be in just a few years here. However taking the carcinogenic element out of smoking (as far as we know now) is much better than having that cigarette. I'll admit it's been a difficult road to quitting smoking cigarettes for myself, I still have one here and there but it's nothing like it used to be because of vaping.

too much of anything is bad for you

and just cause it is quoted on the net doesn't make it true lol

SO MUCH FUD floating around in an emerging market.

this goes double for what certain metals contain that are used for drip tips etc

(Fear Uncertainty Doubt) = FUD

C260 Cartridge Brass

Minimum Properties
Ultimate Tensile Strength, psi 62,000
Yield Strength, psi 52,200
Elongation 23%
Rockwell Hardness B77

Chemistry
Copper (Cu) 68.5 - 71.5%
Zinc (Zn) 28.5 - 31.5%
Iron (Fe) 0.05% max
Lead (Pb) 0.07% max

Lead-free brass <0.25% lead Defined by California Assembly Bill AB 1953 contains "not more than 0.25 percent lead content

cartridge brass contains less lead that what is in houses water pipes and faucets and you drink it every day.

I would argue just the opposite that brass is bad for you it has plenty of redeeming properties

brass is an anti microbial

the lead content is mute well under what the state deems as "safe"

The same argument that lots of other people make out that e juice is made from anti freeze etc. ( Don't you know that you are inhaling anti freeze" ) I hear this once a week lol

If you keep it clean you wont have any worries and I can bet that ill be dead long before the .07% lead content has any effect lol

I left some with ejuice dripped on it for a week outside and didn't corrode it to the point that it was green color like copper gets

AS far as what makes up vaping that is BAD i just picked up another enjoyable hobby that likes to drain my bank account

Last edited:

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
What? Me worry? Not no more, worried every time I lit up a smoke, now I smile every time I pick up a mod and take a vape. I kind of worry when my right to vape comes into question, then I e-mail the establishment and try to enlighten them about vape and ask for informed decision making, then stock pile DIY supplies.

Vaping is the reason I kicked the cigarette habit. Can anyone name the carcinogens in my e-juice? How much tar is being put in my lungs by vaping?

Yeah, I saw the tar and carcinogen extracts, but went with cinnamon, apple, Virginia fired and Captain Blacks instead. Tar just didn't sound so good. lmao.

Last edited:

MrUSA

Moved On
Apr 5, 2014
Medford, NY, USA
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Moonswanni

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
The Winner Circle
Is it safe to assume I can just buy more of the same e juice with NO nicotine in it and just mix it into the other bottle to dilute or just overall lower the nicotine concentrate without affecting flavor?

What a great doctor. I tried Zyban/Wellbutrin and ended up in the hospital for four days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread