doctor reffering patients to vapor4life

Status
Not open for further replies.

fetasigma

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
kentucky
you might notice some mild ph changes secondary to no longer retaining as much carbon dioxide due to the lack of smoke in the e cigs. that would be very transient however becuase between your kidneys and lungs your body keeps your ph pretty stable. From whati have read on the subject so far the ingrediants are pretty safe. there is a wide array of drug interactions with the polyethylene glycol, but you would have to be more specific with a drug to ask but mostly with blood pressure medications and antidepressants/antipsycotics.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
You know I was thinking about something you said..About not recomending E-cigs until all other stop smoking methods have been tried (or something like that). Why? Those blasted things don't work! At best they are short term, at worst they have about a million side effects. As far as we know after being on the market around 5 years..e-cigs=no side effects. At least not of the suicide/depression kind.

As a side note: Why do we care one way or another if this man is a Dr. or not? For all that goes I don't know if any of you are who you say you are. I just took it on face value and would never take medical advice on a forum..heck I barely take it face to face from my Dr.!:rolleyes:

fetasigma

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
kentucky
not to start a firestorm on this particular thread, but the reason i recomend the other things first is twofold. number one all the others are fda approved(ducks to avoid the verbal assalt). to recomend things that are not approved has a lot of risks in the health profession, not to mention i have seen a lot of good results especially with chantix. plus once you have tried a couple of the above i know that the patient is signifigantly motivated to use this product and have it work for them. i know theese work becuase i use them myself...just got my v4l usb passthrough today as a matter of fact, and i am loving it.

CatMommy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
As a side note: Why do we care one way or another if this man is a Dr. or not? For all that goes I don't know if any of you are who you say you are. I just took it on face value and would never take medical advice on a forum..heck I barely take it face to face from my Dr.!:rolleyes:

For the record MK, I'm with you. I'm not going to take medical advice on an e-cig BB so in reality it doesn't matter.
I am however an Italian from New Jersey, so let's just say I don't like when people try to "pull the wool" over my eyes. That's all...:lol::lol::lol:...I was born with it and I can't help it or change it.

PS: I'm really Angeline Jolie! :lol:

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
No firestorm in here. Having tried those other things and with a hubby who is STILL trying them..I guess I didn't understand. As my hubby says you have to check all the boxes. (Military for going thru the motions).
The FDA may not be our friend in E-cigs..but they do a lot of good in other areas (when they aren't letting mushrooms, cows, spinach and diet pills slip past them).:D

Last edited:

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Welcome Doc., good to have someone from the medical comunity join up!
As a paitent that battles with depresion, the drugs were not an option for me! I tried the patch, I tried the gum, I went almost a year cold turkey, but relapsed with stress.
I don't care for the drugs, I don't care to use the drugs, afer years of dealing with the side effects, splitting migranes, no sleep, sleep all the time, no sex drive, overdrive sex drive and the wonderful opertunity of relapsing with even more suicidal tendancies and having to get your doctors to believe you, I'll deal with depression thank you!
Sure, they work on some, but I'm really not comfortable suggesting to ANYONE that they try that aproach!

Adrenalynn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Sacramento, CA, USA Area
That's an interesting take, Doctor. I hadn't considered increased lactic acid retention due to decreased CO2 concentration. I'll have to give that one some thought. If that proves out, I think it's really good news. You are correct, the presentation for each has been highly transient. Noxious flatulence @ 12-36hrs, then muscle cramping due LA buildup day 6-7, then decrease to almost nothing day 8. I've increased fluid intake even further to address it. Some noticable acidity in the urine stream, but I attribute that to flushing with increased fluid intake to improve LA clearance.

Now that I give it some thought, a decrease in CO2 should result in a similar delta LA - but might effect LA clearence, right? That's a really interesting postulation. Thanks for giving me something interesting to chew on!

And I do appreciate that you don't have a patient history here, and that's why I wasn't asking for medical advice of any kind, just curiosity on another general informed opinion on the topic. (From the FWIW dep - I'd be presenting 38yo Female, in general good health, runner/cyclist, but with unmanaged IBD, and no drug intake other than light/occassional social alcohol, average caffeine, former pack-a-day smoker for 13years - it calmed the IBD right down, but was a stupid idea in general ;) )

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
As far as I know, my doctor hasn't started referring them, but he sure like the changes in me.
I still get a kick out of how he just had to hold my mini after I showed it to him, and how he had to show it to another doctor.
I bet he ask about it the next time I'm there.
And, welcome doc, wish there was a ton more like you.

Kinda my thoughts but my daughter is a PT and she says doctors are the worst when it comes to paper and pin.

I myself write a bit of fiction now and then and my spelling is the worst (TG for spell check). Still, checking out this matter might be wise.
And Doc, don't fill insulted, everyone here has had good reason to become paranoid.

Jewls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2009
NC
Wow wish there were more Doctors like you! Can't believe how the FDA approves Chantix with all the horrible side effects and won't give ecigs a chance.
Keep up the good work Doc!
PS- I smoked for almost 40 years and never intended to quit when I started vaping, it just happened and I am so glad :)

Oh yes I remember Me on Chantix and so does everyone else. I hate that drug..it made me so hateful and mean and I am not that kind of person ...I went back to smoking until I started vaping and I have been happy since.

Robertogee

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
Fetasigma --

I'm an excellent speller and a successful pro writer all my life. But I can't practice medicine even though I know a lot about it. So let's call it even.

A good friend is a cardiologist. He quit smoking 15 years ago. He's intrigued by my
V4L. He knows I've been a HEAVY smoker for over 40 years. He knows I've LOVED smoking.

He's seen me INSTANTLY drop analogs from the moment my V4L kit arrived. Six weeks now.

He's started recommending V4L to patients who've tried everything and still can't stop smoking. Just based on my experience.

I see him and his wife all the time, so this discussion is ongoing. He's almost as amazed as I am.

I really had no intention of quitting smoking.

I just prefer vaping -- from the get-go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread