Does anyone actually still smoke??? New study made me curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's not a turd article I don't know what is. No mention of how long this "Kristy" lady smoked before using an ecig and no mention of her medical condition prior to using one. This article is poorly written and lacks any real substance, research or point. Not surprising.

And three out of four ecig users are still smoking cigs? I find that hard to believe.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
oh totally!!! More total crap....that is why I asked.....because I personally don't know anyone that still has the habit of smoking AND uses ecigs.....I find it almost impossible to believe. But then MAYBE....we are biased....us forum users and Facebook modders. It would just be nice to know the truth for a change.

besides THAT....even if it was true it's still total bull..........every cigarette you don't smoke can only be a good thing.

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
I started vaping about three weeks ago. I did well for almost a week, but yesterday I smoked one analog, and this morning I smoked one analog. I don't know if that's enough smoking to qualify for dual use though. I don't want to smoke anymore and I'm doing pretty well considering the other 29 analogs I'm not smoking every day.

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
Purr-sonally, I know of at least 2 ECF members who are (or have been) dual users... one of them is still trying to find that "purr-fect Menthol" after quite a few years, and the other has finally quit the 'stinkies'... but it might have had something to do with her recent marriage... :)

So with the handful of people that I know, I suspect there might be more of them out there!!

I was also a Menthol smoker, but gave up trying to find a replacement after about 6 mos. (except for the SmokeStik Menthol... ;) ) After all, isn't that the reason we switched to ecigs?? Why would you want to have that nasty taste in your mouth again???!!! Especially to be switching back and forth... :unsure:

I smoked my last cig the day after my starter kit arrived, and have never looked back!!! :vapor:

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Same here Spacekitty!! Although I didn't start with SmokeStik....they were too expensive for me. I was conned by the "cost savings" BS and obsessed with getting the cheapest I could find. Needless to say it was horrible tasting stuff....but thank goodness the gear itself was solid. I still have 6 year old KR808 batteries that work! I guess my point is.....ecigs are not magic. And smokers will always find an excuse to smoke if that is what they want to do.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
You can read more about this ad campaign here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...e-vaping-cdc-hold-press-conference-today.html

This woman was a 20 year smoker, already had COPD, tried e-cigs but never stopped smoking, quit e-cigs and continued to smoke, and then her lung collapsed.

If you don't stop smoking, your smoking related illness will probably not get better...

ETA: sorry, to barge in on the subforum, didn't see where this post was.

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
I dual use sometimes.(hubby still smokes) I know several members on ECF do as well.

I also know of several that started vaping simply to do so in places or times when they could not smoke.

All I could gleen from that article is that cigarettes are bad for you. It poorly tries to imply that e-cigs are bad but ultimately it simply states that cigarettes cause health problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread