Does anyone else feel taken advantage of? And not in a good way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

billfirth3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2013
Frisco, TX
d818a6d913754f2e2183053ec2cb02e8.jpg

I was just thinking about it to start discussion, but do others not find it ridiculous that juice companies charge 18-22$ and sometimes more for premium juice. I mean you walk into a b&m shop and they have store juice and premium bottled juice, what do you choose. Most people go with the premium I would think, there are some that don't. However, I've been vaping for 3.5 years now and where that same 22$ premium would last me almost two weeks or more out of my protank 2 and provari now lasts me 2-3 days out of a high powered device and dripping, hexohm and velocity or vt200 and crown tank.

Either way, I just feel the juice companies are taking advantage of their consumer base and I'm really tired of it. I know we live in America and in a capitalistic society, but at 22$ a bottle for premium juice that's not harsh every couple of days gets expensive. Even b&m house juice that's 30ml is 12-18$ and sometimes 2 for 20$. That's ok in a pinch I suppose.

But what I'm getting at is, I would not like to have the only option of getting good quality juice for a decent price online. By that I usually pay 20$ for 120ml or 35$ for 240ml.

Why can't this be standard prices ^^ for where the high wattage devices are going. The hardware aspect has has evolved why not the liquid market in favor of the consumer.

When will the liquid market get with the program and listen to consumers. I'm sure everyone would like cheaper liquid.

Because in all honesty it's not that cheap!

9ae1f62f59b382e1078ee13997410495.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

billfirth3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2013
Frisco, TX
If you don't WASTE most of the juice, it lasts a long time. (EVERYTHING YOU EXHALE IS WASTED)
Perhaps a more efficient device is needed...
Or DIY
Isn't that what vaping is about? To me it's also to stay off cigs. But I've thought about DIY don't get me wrong it does save but I live in a house full of toddlers so I don't want nic in my home like that.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I would venture to say that the premium (?) Juice you (and I) are buying for $20 per 120ml is probably produced in a repurposed chicken coop in someone's backyard. B&Ms have overhead to cover.
As for how much we use, that's totally our choice, don't you still have your Provari and PT2? 120ML will last me 2 months in my Evod tanks mounted on my ZMaxes. Totally our choice.
Just my :2c:

billfirth3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2013
Frisco, TX
I would venture to say that the premium (?) Juice you (and I) are buying for $20 per 120ml is probably produced in a repurposed chicken coop in someone's backyard. B&Ms have overhead to cover.
As for how much we use, that's totally our choice, don't you still have your Provari and PT2? 120ML will last me 2 months in my Evod tanks mounted on my ZMaxes. Totally our choice.
Just my :2c:
I totally agree it's our choice on how we use our juice and how we vape it matters. It would be difficult and boring to go back to that and I personally wouldn't get the vape I would like from that. But juice would last a hell of a lot longer!

billfirth3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2013
Frisco, TX
Why not shop around for different e-juice vendors that have a price point you're happy with? There are plenty out there...
I have a few I use but why should I have to? All of the places with good price points are online. It would be nice to just be able to walk in locally to a shop and get great prices. Agreed?

jdrewry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2011
New Jersey
I totally agree it's our choice on how we use our juice and how we vape it matters. It would be difficult and boring to go back to that and I personally wouldn't get the vape I would like from that. But juice would last a hell of a lot longer!

I can't see juice companies adjusting their prices because vapors switched to tanks that go through more juice. I'm currently using a SMOK TFV4 and a Horizon Arctic V8 at home (different tank when I'm out and about). Those tanks go through a lot more juice than when I was using a Delta 23 and a Nautilus back in the day. But I couldn't ask my vendors to lower their prices because I switched tanks.

Then again, I have several e-juice companies that have great prices. My current favorite sells 50ml for about $20, and 125ml for about $45. I find their juices to be "premium", IMHO. It's when I decide to try a juice from a vendor like Giant Vapes where I have to make a choice about having to pay $22 for 30ml. I'll buy one or two, but I choose not to buy a lot from them, because I might feel like I'm overpaying.
Plenty of good vendors out there offering great juices for good prices...

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I have a few I use but why should I have to? All of the places with good price points are online. It would be nice to just be able to walk in locally to a shop and get great prices. Agreed?

I guess I am lucky o have a B&M Vape shop with decent prices locally. I really can't find any online sellers that the savings over local is worth the wait unless I buy very large quantities. Shipping costs will always kill the deal.

billfirth3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2013
Frisco, TX
I guess I am lucky o have a B&M Vape shop with decent prices locally. I really can't find any online sellers that the savings over local is worth the wait unless I buy very large quantities. Shipping costs will always kill the deal.
Check these guys out. They pay the tax and shipping. This is where I've been getting my juice. Inexpensive E-Liquid | Colorado Springs | Artisan Vaper

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX

Consider the B&M prices your contribution to saving other lives. I'm sure that's where many 'uninformed' Vapers get their start. I know I did. Luckily I stumbled into a shop that was founded to help smokers quit not just empty their wallets. We need the HONEST B&Ms for easy access for curious smokers.

Reactions: jdrewry

billfirth3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2013
Frisco, TX
How about talking to your local vape shop about your wants?
Well I don't think the local shops have much say so with premiums, it'll be up to the company. But with most things people see low price=low quality, which sucks and is not always true. I just moved from Dallas to the Nashville area and people here are accustomed to paying high prices. 15$ for house juice and 22$ for premiums. It just really blew my mind and made me start to think. So that's what started this post, just trying to get thoughts on it really.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Check these guys out. They pay the tax and shipping. This is where I've been getting my juice. Inexpensive E-Liquid | Colorado Springs | Artisan Vaper

Thanks for the links but I do not see anything that looks appealing to me so far. I will look closer and my B&M might have these flavors in stock for taste testing. That is one reason I prefer the local Vape Shop you can't sample the online catalog!

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Another problem I have is my favorite e-Liquid is not made in a larger size than what is available online so it works out to be the same price buying at the local shop. Now if I actually find a flavor I like maybe buying in bulk would be cost effective for me. But more and more it looks like DIY'ing is my next step.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread