Does anyone else feel taken advantage of? And not in a good way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImThatGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
California
So, if you do it right, this is what you'd see.

1. Find suitable location for business.
2. Purchase equipment. (This is not cheap. A single manual filling pump alone runs into thousands of dollars.)
3. Purchase ingredients.
4. Ensure manufacturing facility meets clean room standards.
5. Send product off for testing.
6. Depending on test results, either go into production or reformulate the recipe.

So.... Taking into consideration the expense of just starting up a company (provided you're doing it right), how much is that bottle of juice now? People who complain about the price of e-liquid and claim they're doing DIY for a buck a bottle aren't looking at the big picture.

^THIS and #7 should be all other overhead; salaries & wages, insurance, etc...

To all who complain about high median pricing for "premium" juices, PLEASE...

START YOUR OWN EJUICE COMPANY (that is prepared for future operations with regulations) AND LET US KNOW WHAT YOUR COSTS ARE.

I shall await your results and listen to your NEW views about the pricing of 'premium' liquids.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Dont you have to have a really good understanding of science or chemistry to be able to do that?

No. No you Don't.

Can you Mix a decent Rum & Coke? If so, you probably Shouldn't have too many problems doing basic DIY.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Idk bout rum and coke but I can make a pretty decent pina coloda with the mix and booze

Then I think you would do Fine with DIY.

It isn't Hard. And there is an Entire Sub-Forum here on the ECF dedicated to it.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
There are also many more resources aside from those here. Many different sources of good information to be found.

3a725b14f1469e157b5e3263b7fe031a0853bad94247b928a84b6bf0b2045638.jpg

Reactions: nostradadus

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
DIY is the way to go. After you mix for a few months, you'll get the hang of it and be making juice that rivals any B&M or "premium juice" on the market. Plus, it's fun to be your own juice vendor!

There are many DIY online sites with thousands of recipes from which to choose. Take the plunge! It's worth it! :)

Reactions: SteveS45

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
Right now I decided I was in the mood for something different and threw together a bunch of fruits in my tank for a Friday Night Mood Mix. Not very many store boughts that take kindly to mixing like this. Only thing is I should have wrote down what I did!

There you go! You're on the right track! Mix it, vape it, love it! (or not and try again) Sure, I've poured a few mixes down the drain.....but, I've made many more that I didn't. :)

DoctorJ

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
I have a few I use but why should I have to? All of the places with good price points are online. It would be nice to just be able to walk in locally to a shop and get great prices. Agreed? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed, however, "what would be nice" and "what is" are two different things that don't always coincide.

The same thing you are going through I've been through myself. When I was using my Nautilus Mini on an iStick 20W, I could afford premium juice, no problem. However, since I've moved on to higher wattage mods and sub ohm tanks, I can't afford as much premium juice as I'd like. I had to do some searching for juices with lower prices to stay within my vaping budget, so I went on ECF and a few other vaping sites and started my search. I've found a few that have really good juices for reasonable prices.

I'm sure we'd all love for juice to be dirt cheap. Hell, I know I would. But the reality is that premium juice vendors can charge what the market allows and as long as vapers are paying 20 bucks or more for a 30ml bottle, that price is going to stay where it is.

Reactions: jdrewry

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Agreed, however, "what would be nice" and "what is" are two different things that don't always coincide.
This applies to so many things besides just premium juice.

I'm sure we'd all love for juice to be dirt cheap. Hell, I know I would. But the reality is that premium juice vendors can charge what the market allows and as long as vapers are paying 20 bucks or more for a 30ml bottle, that price is going to stay where it is.
As long as people are paying $250k for a Lambo, Lambos will be expensive. That's OK; a VW gets me where I need to go.

So does DIY juice, for about $1.50 / 30 ml. :)

The amusing thing is that I could afford a Lambo, or to fill a room with "premium juice". I just don't think either one is a wise use of my funds.

I do have some really nice mods though. :w00t:

Reactions: Str8vision
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread