Does anyone else think drip tips are getting too wide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
I won't buy an rda or anything else without the option to use my own drip tips. These half inch wide suckers are like putting your mouth on a tailpipe of a car! I like moderately wide ones, maybe 10mm max. But mostly I'm using 8mm, I think.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

WillieB69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Mt. Pleasant, Iowa
I'm getting "used" to the wide tip on my OBS Engine tank. It's also really stubby. I don't mind it but I definitely like standard 510s better. Fortunately, the connection on the OBS allows for that I can use the one it came with or a 510, depending on the mood I'm in at the moment.

pahick

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Southern PA
I'm getting "used" to the wide tip on my OBS Engine tank. It's also really stubby. I don't mind it but I definitely like standard 510s better. Fortunately, the connection on the OBS allows for that I can use the one it came with or a 510, depending on the mood I'm in at the moment.

I actually like the tips on my OBS Minis and Nanos, only because theyre tapered. As you stated you can use a standard 510, thats a plus though. If they werent tapered id have never bought them.

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
High Wattage/Very Low Ohm's you need to pass a hell of a lot of air over the coil to keep it from overheating, having a chuff style drip tip you can pass a lot more air than a standard 510

My cloud setup, is a parallel mod with a 0.15 build in it, I vape at about 120w, trying to suck that much air through a 510 drip tip would be hard/restrictive and would probably sound like a whistle...

Deepwinter

Verified Member
Apr 11, 2017
It really depends on what im using if I'm MTL'ing 510 is perfect but on a dual coil rta or rda I like the wide bore it helps the vape stay cool.
I'm really liking my iJoy rdta Combo atm that comes with a 12.3mm chief cap but also comes with an 510 adapter and tip, but I find the chufg cap the best.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I actually like the tips on my OBS Minis and Nanos, only because theyre tapered. As you stated you can use a standard 510, thats a plus though. If they werent tapered id have never bought them.

I'll agree with you. The tapered approach works great, and they're among the very few tanks I have that are using their "stock" DT.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Drip tips..meh..who needs them.
20170602_184824-1.jpg

pahick

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Southern PA
I like the 10mm wide opening that fits into a standard 510 opening. Is that what you mean by tapered? I get better flavor on these type of tips. It may just be me but I prefer them. I buy a lot of mine from halfmoonmods.

Basically. On the OBS Engine series its like 14mm at the base and 12 at the tip. Thats about as wide as I feel comfortable. The taper actually makes it that way, if it was straight I dont believe id feel the same.

Reactions: Eskie

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I don't think it's any crazier then the big sub tanks there on. Personally I think all these 12 coil, air sucking, massive wattage gadgets have gone a bit to far. Just can't get my head around the enamoration of bigger and bigger clouds, I guess if you build it, they will come. But it's all good and either way, much better then smoking, so I guess whatever it takes to stay vaping.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

WillieB69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Mt. Pleasant, Iowa
The taper does help but I'd like to see another 1/4" or so on the length.

Edit to head off any "that's what she said" jokes....

Deepwinter

Verified Member
Apr 11, 2017
Good points guys, but if you noticed on some RTAs like the new Ammit 25, it doesnt matter what drip tip or adapter you use, the shaft diameter is the same. On these types a wider drip tip isnt doing anything for air flow.
Agreed I really think most company could standardise somewhat around the 810 / Goon drip tip size and the 510.
It makes no sense for them to introduce another size if it's .2 or .3 mm from a standard.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Agreed I really think most company could standardise somewhat around the 810 / Goon drip tip size and the 510.
It makes no sense for them to introduce another size if it's .2 or .3 mm from a standard.

I'd like to see all the companies settle on a standardized 510 connector so you don't have to hope for the best when you screw a new tank on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread