Does anyone else think drip tips are getting too wide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShannonA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2011
Tyler, Tx
From the Big Baby Beast to the Goons to ???? Geez these things are like sucking on a thick Sharpie!! Im glad to see some tanks/RTAs giving the option for a standard 510 but....some dont. Instant turn off. What say you?
My hubby still uses Ego batteries for precisely that reason. He said puffing on one of those was like... well we won't go into that but it was an off color comment for sure.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I'm getting "used" to the wide tip on my OBS Engine tank. It's also really stubby. I don't mind it but I definitely like standard 510s better. Fortunately, the connection on the OBS allows for that I can use the one it came with or a 510, depending on the mood I'm in at the moment.
The drip tip on the OBS Engine is a standard 510.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
From the Big Baby Beast to the Goons to ???? Geez these things are like sucking on a thick Sharpie!! Im glad to see some tanks/RTAs giving the option for a standard 510 but....some dont. Instant turn off. What say you?

I like the wide drip tips. I vape high wattage if I'm on a regulated mod but I mostly use mechs or unregulated mods. The widest drip tip I have is on the Voltrove which is my 41mm RTA and it's 12mm wide. I can't stand 510 drip tips cause I seem to get a reduction in air flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Basically. On the OBS Engine series its like 14mm at the base and 12 at the tip. Thats about as wide as I feel comfortable. The taper actually makes it that way, if it was straight I dont believe id feel the same.
I actually have the OBS Engine rta. Just haven't built it yet. Its in my 'stash' for use further down the line. LOL

:)

WillieB69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Mt. Pleasant, Iowa
I actually have the OBS Engine rta. Just haven't built it yet. Its in my 'stash' for use further down the line. LOL

:)
If you happen to decide you don't want it for some reason, PM me and I'll gladly take it off your hands for you. :D

Belhade

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
New York (no, not the city)
First off, I dislike the moniker "drip tip". Yeah, I remember cutting open the ends of cartridges to drip on the bridge. But you're not gonna drip into an RTA. I prefer calling them mouthpieces.

Anyways, I've taken a liking to the tall, straight 510 tip that comes with the Buddha Mini, and a few shorter, squatter ones. But the bigger the atty, the bigger the mouthpiece. Now I'm trying to get used to the chuff cap on the Pico RDTA. But that's a dual Clapton so it makes sense.

Reactions: Dieseler
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread