Does anyone else think drip tips are getting too wide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
First off, I dislike the moniker "drip tip". Yeah, I remember cutting open the ends of cartridges to drip on the bridge. But you're not gonna drip into an rta. I prefer calling them mouthpieces.

Anyways, I've taken a liking to the tall, straight 510 tip that comes with the Buddha Mini, and a few shorter, squatter ones. But the bigger the atty, the bigger the mouthpiece. Now I'm trying to get used to the chuff cap on the Pico RDTA. But that's a dual Clapton so it makes sense.
I call them "food savers".[emoji2]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Simar Sidhu

Moved On
Jun 1, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
Drip tips? LOL.

L1080762.JPG

mountaingal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Tennessee and ports on the East Coast
Some one mentioned "tailpipe" but did not go into the reason for it. One reason the tips got wider is that it creates a "tailpipe" effect and the circulation in the tip when inhaling actually cools the smoke and creates a negative pressure, meaning you get more vapor and it is cooler.
I like the wider tip so I won't get those vertical wrinkles in my upper lip that some cig smokers get from the small diameter of cigs.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Some one mentioned "tailpipe" but did not go into the reason for it. One reason the tips got wider is that it creates a "tailpipe" effect and the circulation in the tip when inhaling actually cools the smoke and creates a negative pressure, meaning you get more vapor and it is cooler.
I like the wider tip so I won't get those vertical wrinkles in my upper lip that some cig smokers get from the small diameter of cigs.
A bigger mouth piece gives you less wrinkles? That's a new one

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
But you're mouth is gonna freeze into a great big O :D

Belhade

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
New York (no, not the city)
I do it pretty regularly, but then I used drippers for a few years. It's a great way to mix flavors and nic content on the go in a tank.

But that's just me :)
Well, I mean, you can, but...um...hm. Maybe I need some wider tips for my tanks. :laugh:

Reactions: Ryedan

Craybee

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2013
Washington, DC
ok so i just bought an Aspire Cleito to go with my Aspire Zelos mod, and i gotta say i'm not too happy with the Cleito. i think maybe it's just too wide for me. it's a really good quality tank but i'm thinking perhaps i just don't have the lung capacity for it, so now i'm looking for a narrower drip tip that'll fit on the Cleito otherwise i just can't use the darn thing and enjoy it.

Addendum:
i found a narrower drip tip from my hardware stash that fits on top of the Cleito tip. now i can say that the Cleito is much more enjoyable, the flavor really comes through, and it's not so much of the face melter it was before. though kudos to those of you who can use the dang thing with the drip tip that comes with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: mountaingal

Craybee

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2013
Washington, DC
the funny thing is i recently bought a Smok TFV12, which has an even wider tip than the Cleito. i just stared at it for a day thinking about returning it because i thought that i definitely wouldn't like that tip. finally i bit the bullet and tried it out and I'm fine with it. i guess i only like the super wide tips. go figure. :p

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
I am thinking that just about all of the atomizer manufacturers now believe that most everybody does straight lung hits, so the bigger the drip-tip, the more volume of vape they can suck in at one time.

Yup, it becomes pretty obvious that the great majority of the atomizers sold now are designed for max airflow direct lung hits. And it all started when sub-ohm vaping got real popular.

For myself ... I am a Tootle Puffer, so I will just keep vaping on my old reliable Kayfun Lite-Plus RTAs (with there normal size mouth piece).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread