Does anyone mix up unflavored nic juice to add flavorings to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aydinpr

Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Southlake, TX, USA
I have two R&D bases I use, one is for FA mixes and the other for TFA/Others.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is that like the NIC level, your VG level will get diluted with most Flavors.

So if I'm shooting for a 50/50, I'll do the base as a 40/60 PG/VG knowing that it'll come out around 50/50 if I add 10% Flavor

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Does anyone mix up unflavored nic juice to add flavorings to?

I have been doing this for a Long Time.

My Nicotine Level an PG to VG Ratios for my D2D e-liquids don't change much. Neither does the Total Flavoring/Sweetener Percentages. It is about 15%.

So Instead of doing the Math EVERY Time. And Working with High Nicotine mg/ml EVERY Time. And having to Wash a Sink full of Lab Glass EVERY Time. I just make about 250ml's of Pre-Mix which is 15% Higher in mg/ml and VG.

Then use Calibrated Drop Recipes. Fill a Bottle to a Line/Mark on the Side with Premix. Add the Flavoring via Drops. Shake. Done.

Nothing to Wash. No Mess. Takes about 5 Minutes Tops.

Necrosis

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Arizona
I have two R&D bases I use, one is for FA mixes and the other for TFA/Others.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is that like the NIC level, your VG level will get diluted with most Flavors.

So if I'm shooting for a 50/50, I'll do the base as a 40/60 PG/VG knowing that it'll come out around 50/50 if I add 10% Flavor

Glad you mentioned this, hadn't even thought about it. I normally mix everything at 50/50 so bumping the VG for 40/60 for a base is exactly what I'd do to compensate.

MamaG

Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Yakima, WA
I'm still having to figure about 20% for flavoring, because I am not tasting all there is to taste. At any rate I do, premix 60 mil of my nicotine/vg/water. On the e-juice me up calculator, on the first flavor line I put 20%, and calculate. Then when I mix a flavor I know that any size bottle I use will need 20% flavor and then fill it up with the premix. I figure the less I mess with the nicotine the better. That's just what works for me.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
No, I haven't noticed any difference in steep time using my premix.

But, I have read that you can shorten steep time by 'seeding' a new bottle with a little bit of e-liquid left over from a previous batch. And that when you add a flavor to an already steeped mix, it needs almost no steep time with the new flavor.

Also, my brother tells me that he tried mixing his Tobacco Blend flavor (the only flavor he uses) without nic and says that it never steeped right. He firmly believes that he has to have nic to get the flavor to steep right, at least with a tobacco flavor. Personally, I think he just doesn't realize how much a difference nic makes to a flavor. Nic is not tasteless.

MotherNatural

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
But, I have read that you can shorten steep time by 'seeding' a new bottle with a little bit of e-liquid left over from a previous batch. And that when you add a flavor to an already steeped mix, it needs almost no steep time with the new flavor.
I've read this too but can't make sense of it. I would understand seeding if it were a culture that needed to grow but how could pre-blended flavors convince other molecules to blend faster? Can someone explain to me the science behind this or is it just hearsay?

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
No, I haven't noticed any difference in steep time using my premix.

Also, my brother tells me that he tried mixing his Tobacco Blend flavor (the only flavor he uses) without nic and says that it never steeped right. He firmly believes that he has to have nic to get the flavor to steep right, at least with a tobacco flavor. Personally, I think he just doesn't realize how much a difference nic makes to a flavor. Nic is not tasteless.

Your brother may be right. I have had a bottle of premixed flavor with no nicotine for about 6 months. I still have to steep when I add Nic to the juice. Of course this is a tobacco juice mixed with fruits and cream. A straight fruit mixture may not require much steeping when you add Nic... Just my thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread