Does anyone still vape like they smoked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Well, I was a chain smoker so, yeah I'm a chain vaper.

There are differences, however. I used to wake up at night and smoke a whole cigarette. Now I just roll over, have a puff or two, and go back to sleep. I would sit outside of stores and have a whole cigarette. Now I just have a puff or two as I walk. I let countless thousands of cigarettes burn down in the ashtray over the 40 years I smoked. Don't do that any longer. I used to carefully pick my hotels, but I don't worry about that any more.

MudVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2015
Well, I was a chain smoker so, yeah I'm a chain vaper.

There are differences, however. I used to wake up at night and smoke a whole cigarette. Now I just roll over, have a puff or two, and go back to sleep. I would sit outside of stores and have a whole cigarette. Now I just have a puff or two as I walk. I let countless thousands of cigarettes burn down in the ashtray over the 40 years I smoked. Don't do that any longer. I used to carefully pick my hotels, but I don't worry about that any more.

Exactly the same
What stumped me the most about vaping when i started was how do i know when to stop.

When i lit a cigarette i smoked it until it i notice it got close to the end or if i didn't notice burnt my fingers. Then about an hour later i smoked another until that was gone.

When i had my first go on basic starter kit with a CE4 i thought this is great! but it doesn't burn down like a cigarette so i have no clue when my vaping session should end.

For some reason this still bugs me to this day. So i've come to the conclusion i am trying to vape like i smoked[/QUOTE

That same issue used to bug me too - I wanted my vape to end like a cigarette.

It shouldn't have mattered because I was a long-time chain smoker, but for some reason I really missed the ritual of relighting a smoke I guess, or putting one out? I dual used for 2.5 years.

I think the "where does it end" thing helped keep me smoking and vaping for a long time.

I noticed about two weeks ago that wasn't bothering me anymore. Lucky I guess.

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
I smoked a cig about once an hour if I waited for my body to tell me to have one. I got a lot of thinking done and bright ideas came to mind while smoking ... maybe the slight nic adrenaline rush had something to do with the thought process. Dunno but I must be out of bright ideas, 'cause I vape 3.684 times (approx.) as much as I smoked and ... I got nothing ;)

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
I vape the same as I smoked - in the daytime. I only had one or two with morning coffee and then only one at work during lunch break. I now vape my nautilus mini at 15w with tobacco juice with morning coffee until I just feel satisfied and time means I have to leave for work anyway so have to stop. Then at work I'll have a nice 5 minute session.

At night though yeah, sometimes I cannot put it down. The nautilus mini I can, as it is close to a cigarette experience due to the tank and using tobacco flavoured liquids. But at night I pop on a sub tank nano and have some really delicious gourmet USA liquids that I vape at 1.5mg and around 30W on a .5 ohm coil.

Sometimes it is so delicious, while watching TV or a movie, I just chain vape it. It used to worry me why I could not put it down - until I realised so what? I'm not smoking and it doesn't make my body feel like cr@p, so who cares? If I'm in social company then I can have a few draws and then put it down like I would have with a cig.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, you're not smoking = WIN.

There are some things you can do like set time limits, use a liquid with PG or nic level that gives harsh TH to limit how much you want to vape.

But meh, for me I like chain vaping premium liquids in the evening, and it's better than smoking. Happy days and no need for me to think about it more than that really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread