Does anyone use the Blu ecig as their primary PV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobitize

Sep 14, 2013
Fayetteville, AR
I used Blu and I have about 2 or so cartridges left, the battery life is not great and the flavors were good. I did like having the battery pack, but it was unreliable and I have had to replace it four times. The expense was going to go beyond what I was expecting. After visiting a local vapor store, they set me up with a Kanger Mini Protank with a 70PG/30VG Apple with 18mg of nicotine and an ego battery. The battery lasted me from Friday to Sunday last week. This flavor is a replacement for the cherry crush because it tastes like an apple Jolly Rancher. :) My opinion only and I am still in the wow phase.

jagster

Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Boca Raton, FL. USA
I found out that there are two vaping stores within 6 miles of where I live. I will be going to check them both out very soon. I've had my Blu Premiums for over 2 months now with no problems except for wanting something a bit more intense. Thanks to this forum I will half way know what I am talking about and looking for.

I haven't posted in a long time.

I first started out here over a year a go. Purchased the Joye 510 and a bunch of e-liquids. While it was neat at first being able to try all the different flavors, I soon began to hate vaping. The constant smell of all of the flavors in my room made me nauseous, and the complete inconvenience of having to carry all of that stuff around with you just to feed a nicotine habit got tiresome. I use smokeless tobacco and this was my tool to get me to quit.

Well, after 4 months of not dipping, I got tired of carrying around all of that e-cig stuff with me and started dipping again. Fast forward to 2 days ago. Dentist tells me my gums don't look healthy and he wants a biopsy done on my gum tissue within the next year if I keep dipping. I immediately picked up a blu stater pack on my way home.

I love the convenience of it. Being able to pick up cartridges on the way home and not wanting a week for the post office to send it to me is nice. It all comes in a pack, so I'm not carrying around several smelly e-liquids, carts, batteries, etc. I love it. I can see the battery life complaint, as I go through a battery every 2 hours, but it really doesn't bother me because one is always charged.

Blu does offer a year warranty on their products as well, so for $35 I paid for the starter kit, I'm not going to complain if I have to send in for a new battery or 2. I can see where blu isn't for everyone, but I'm already enjoying it 10x's more than the Joye.

Skymutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Steel City, PA, USA
Not that I'm trying to talk you off of Blu, mine suits me just fine and I've had no problems either, but your Joye 510 batteries will work with the Blu cartos, and offer a little more battery life. Lots of other companies also offer prefilled 510 cartos that will work with your Blu batteries AND the Joye 510 bats too.

heatwave

Sep 20, 2013
Twin Ports, MN
You know what I picked up a Blu starter pack and for me its been working perfect. It's exceedingly easy. I will get some refillable cartos for it so I don't have to buy the expensive ones. It's convenient and its quick and easy and its SMALL I like small. I like something that is easy to carry. Now keep in mind I was not a heavy smoker. In fact I had nearly quit smoking all together I just couldn't get rid of the last one or two analogs a day maybe 3 or 4 on a stressful day. So I don't work it nearly as hard as alot of people do. I understand they have some problems with batts dieing so I saved my receipt and will use the warranty when they die. But overall I am impressed with the system. I will stay with the cig a like system I am fairly sure as it works for me. I might buy a better one when this setup dies but until it does it seems to be working just fine for me.

jagster

Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Boca Raton, FL. USA
I went to Boca Vapes yesterday and picked up some blank black and stainless carts, which by the way the stainless look great with the black Blu premium 100 batteries, plus some different flavors. They seem to be working just fine and even fit in the case. I will reserve further judgment until I have used them a bit longer.

jagster

Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Boca Raton, FL. USA
Well, since having fresh new carts to refill for a week now, it seems to have given new life to my Blu Premium 100's which are still working great and now even more satisfying. I bought some e-liquid from them, as well, like most of them, but, I probably won't be going back there. They have no hardware to speak of and they are mostly just a lab making juice and I was not impressed by the cleanliness of the place, although the sales people were nice. I must say that the other customers I met were very interesting and made a couple of friends. I am beginning to experience the culture of vaping a bit, other than online, and so far I've met very entertaining and interesting people. So my next stop is Clouds of Vapor, also in Boca. I still haven't decided on my next level of vaping yet but, I feel like I will always keep my Blu's around. Call me sentimental.:2c:

Johnnysb

Moved On
Sep 25, 2013
San Jose, CA
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Linkspammer

Seapup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia, USA
When you refill...how long they last typically?

Whether refilling a Blu carto or a blank, you'll get the same amount of draws or more than a new prefilled Blu carto. I've had refilled Blu Premium 100 cartos last as short as 4 ml of refill juice and as long as 15 ml before the coil gave out. Because you need to refill before technically "running dry", that would amount to refilling 6-20 times. Your mileage may vary. I've also run Joye 306 and Boge 510 cartos on Premium 100 batts. Both worked well and both fit in the Premium 100 PCC. I prefer the Boge 510 cartos though. They hold a little more juice and the coil seems to last longer.

jagster

Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Boca Raton, FL. USA
When you refill...how long they last typically?
So far I have refilled them about 7 times using the Boge carts and there are a couple that I think are done for whatever reason. They last quite a bit longer than the stock Premium 100 carts, for me, and I have enjoyed the freedom to buy other flavors. It's also fun to mix them and make your own custom flavors. I have had no problems with my Blu hardware but I am getting ready to try an alternate way to vape, just to try something different. I plan to visit a local vaping store to see what they have, after completing my research.

SamZzz

Verified Member
May 22, 2013
TN
Just a heads up if you're looking for a minor upgrade without to much of an investment you can pick up some 510 nano clearomizers that will fit the blu batteries but allow for use of different flavors and still keep the small size. They don't fit in the charger pack but are easy to carry on s pocket or small phone/camera case. They're pretty cheap (roughly $4 at most shops or you can get them online for cheaper).

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 4

jagster

Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Boca Raton, FL. USA
BocaVapes is getting ready to move into a new larger space, which could account for the clutter. As far as hardware, I don't know what you mean by they have none. They have everything from VVs to mechanicals. They do not, however, carry cigalikes like the Blu.

I guess you haven't been there lately.:vapor:

athens

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2013
United States
I only use mine on occasion when an ego would stand out too much. I think ecigs have become more mainstream in the past two years where I see new vapors with an evod, and much more people with mods now. Last time I brought out my Blu I was constantly recharging throughout the night and it couldn't hold up. Might as well use an ego with a cone adapter with clearomizers or even regular cartos. At least the battery lasts as long as a cart.

Johnnysb

Moved On
Sep 25, 2013
San Jose, CA
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Linkspammer
I bought two separate Blu starter packs, you know, the one's in Wal-greens and different pharmacy/convenience stores for like $30 something bucks. In both packs I bought, 1 out of the 2 bats it came with were semi-eff'd up and would require a harder and certain type of drag just to get anything off of the carto. The other bat (also in both kits) was completely fine. It was 'alright' at the time because at least I wasn't smoking and technically vaping, I was willing to deal with it; but hell, I've used better disposables! I mean, c'mon! I've used weird unheard of disposables like "Puf" that are only sold at 7Eleven here in Jersey and they were better and lasted longer and had better flavor.

After that crap experience, it completely lowered my confidence in Blu's products regardless of their funding from a BT company. It also lowered my confidence completely in cig-a-likes and mini e-cigs in general. I didn't want to spend a hundred bucks on one of their starter packs and go through the same headaches I did with former Blu products or Revolver products. To top it off, all of Blu's hardware is cheaply made in China. I understand some popular mods such as the VAMO are made in China, (proud owner of one) but they're "MODS". There's a big difference. Over all, the mods made in China have way better quality control and way more options for a semi-experienced vaper such as myself over Blu's junk.

However, I still do urge smokers to become vapers because let's face the facts, it's way way healthier than smoking cigarettes by a LONG STRETCH. So if you become a vaper through Blu Cigs or the disposables, I commend you for making a bold step. The grass IS greener on the other side :D and hell, according to some studies I've read posted on this forum, they might even be healthy for us to use and healthy for bystanders because of the sterilization the vapor offers while suspended in the atmosphere.

I hope my mini-Blu bashing/Blu review helps someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread