Does e-cig vapor cause yellowing of walls, clothes, teeth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I am still a relatively new vaper and have not noticed this. Have a female friend who thinks vapor is yellowing walls, curtains, clothes. Has anyone observed this?
No. I've been vaping almost six years and I vape in every room in the house, and in the cars. No yellowing whatsoever.

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
When cleaning car windows and windshield a short time ago I was amazed at how clean the paper towel was, compared to when I used to smoke in the car. There was an obvious film that was wiped off but really quite clean. Proper mouth hygiene and one should not experience any yellowing of teeth. Cheers.

Reactions: tckenno

milandjikic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
It doesn't cause any yellow colouring of the walls etc, but what it does, and the more clouds you make the more it becomes obvious, is that it leaves a greasy sticky layer all over the furniture and mostly on the windows. Not something i am over concerned, simply wipe the furniture at least once a month to prevent it catching up, but the problem is computer components, air coolers to be exact. As the vapor sticks to the fins of a cooling radiator in the computer, it glues the dust particles more rapidly, so i have to clean up my computer radiators like twice as much more then i needed to clean them before, while i was smoking...

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
People see vapor and automatically think it is smoke. Had one girl start blinking her eyes and curl her lip once when she was near vapor. It's what she does when she's close to cigarette smoke. It's just an automatic response.

Funny. My cat (naturally) hates smoke but seems fascinated with vapor clouds and often starts sniffing my clouds after curiously observing them. I still try not to blow it in his direction but he doesn't seem to care one way or another.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Funny. My cat (naturally) hates smoke but seems fascinated with vapor clouds and often starts sniffing my clouds after curiously observing them. I still try not to blow it in his direction but he doesn't seem to care one way or another.
I had a cat who developed asthma when she was 5. I'm sure my cig smoking did not help. I quit smoking in the house at that point. But she struggled with it her entire life till she died at 17 years old.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I had a cat who developed asthma when she was 5. I'm sure my cig smoking did not help. I quit smoking in the house at that point. But she struggled with it her entire life till she died at 17 years old.

Edited to add: I am sorry, that was just plain rude on my part. I truly am sorry for your loss. It was wonderful that she lived such a long life and it had to have been because of the care you gave her.

I have seen no signs at all of any kind of film on anything in my home and I have been vaping in here for 4 1/2 years. The yellowing mess was caused by the smoke back when we smoked. Their is no smoke involved in vaping thus no smoky tar to stick and cause yellowing.

Last edited:

Jorge22

ECF Veteran
The answer is no. Tar does that but it's absent from the vapour. Your friend has a vivid imagination.

Having said that, a lot of vapour in a closed room may cause a film to appear. Easily removable though.

Now you may ask: does that mean I'm filling my lungs with the said film? The answer definitely seems to be no. It seems the body will absorb and eliminate any VG (cause it's basically about VG) that you may inhale as you vape.

Reactions: tckenno

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
I have been vaping in our den (computer room) now for 2 years ... About 2 weeks ago, I cleaned the inside of the windows with Windex and paper towels.

No brown coloring on the paper towels like what you would get if someone had been smoking cigarettes in the room.

And I am so happy that all that brown tar that I used to inhale from cigarettes is not going down into my lungs anymore !

I am surprised that my lungs even work anymore after 40 years of smoking cigarettes !

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Sad story but what does it have to do with the OP?

To Op, nothing. However Cat owners should be respectful of their Cats difference in anatomy. Avoid direct exposure to excessive vapor and make sure bottles are sealed and spills quickly cleaned up.
Cats and PG do not get along.
:)

Reactions: defdock

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
To Op, nothing. However Cat owners should be respectful of their Cats difference in anatomy. Avoid direct exposure to excessive vapor and make sure bottles are sealed and spills quickly cleaned up.
Cats and PG do not get along.
:)
The only reason i said anything is because we are discussing vaping, not smoking. I agree that smoking around our pets can be detrimental to their health.

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
Sad story but what does it have to do with the OP?

lol, I just noticed your avatar, your response makes sense now :p

I kid of course, but it was too easy not to.

Liked purely out of sympathy, sorry for your lost <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread