Does e-cig vapor cause yellowing of walls, clothes, teeth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
lol, I just noticed your avatar, your response makes sense now :p

I kid of course, but it was too easy not to.

Liked purely out of sympathy, sorry for your lost <3
i actually edited my post because what I said was just not right. I should have worded it much differently.

Reactions: OhTheAgony

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
It doesn't cause any yellow colouring of the walls etc, but what it does, and the more clouds you make the more it becomes obvious, is that it leaves a greasy sticky layer all over the furniture and mostly on the windows. Not something i am over concerned, simply wipe the furniture at least once a month to prevent it catching up, but the problem is computer components, air coolers to be exact. As the vapor sticks to the fins of a cooling radiator in the computer, it glues the dust particles more rapidly, so i have to clean up my computer radiators like twice as much more then i needed to clean them before, while i was smoking...

This is good to know, and thanks for posting it. I'd been allowing a fan to blow vapor toward the cooling intake of my laptop. I'll have to cease that habit now.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I am still a relatively new vaper and have not noticed this. Have a female friend who thinks vapor is yellowing walls, curtains, clothes. Has anyone observed this?

I sure have. And Vaping does turn Walls and Drapes yellow.

Here is a picture of my Office at home after 6 Months of Vaping...

Nice-Yellow-Painted-in-the-Home-Office-Color-Ideas.jpg

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hardly a before and after. Moreover, why is everyone else's desk cleaner than mine?

T

Check out the portion of the wall Below the wainscoting and the Shutters.

I had some Paint leftover from the 1st time I painted. So I did the Lower section and the Window. Then I burned Out on painting so I just pushed the Desk back against the wall.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
What liquid was that? Back in the quitting days i vaped RY4 double hammer time at 36mg and not that bad! The car insides would suffer, but that would be a film on the windscreen, not a yellowing in the same way as tobacco causes.

I'm with you on burned out on painting. My wife thinks i'm Michelangelo but she misheard ceiling as sealing.

T

Reactions: beckdg

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
What liquid was that? Back in the quitting days i vaped RY4 double hammer time at 36mg and not that bad! The car insides would suffer, but that would be a film on the windscreen, not a yellowing in the same way as tobacco causes.

I'm with you on burned out on painting. My wife thinks i'm Michelangelo but she misheard ceiling as sealing.

T

I have found when it comes to Painting, that those who Select Colours from paint chips seem to have Boundless Energy as compared to those who Actually hold the Brushes and the Rollers.

Reactions: beckdg

devilzrox

Apr 28, 2016
the vapor sticks to the fins of a cooling radiator in the computer, it glues the dust particles more rapidly, so i have to clean up my computer radiators like twice as much more then i needed to clean them before, while i was smoking...

I did not know that! Thanks. I have a bunch of PCs lying around and I've been vaping in front of them (hell even into them) for a while.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
I place small pieces of masking tape in a few strategic places on the walls of my apartment, to track the settling of the building, and to monitor any earthquake damage ...

The walls are painted white, of course ...

Haven't noticed any appreciable discoloration around the taped areas, since I quit smoking and started vaping almost three years ago ...

Before that, when I smoked indoors, I had to steam clean the walls twice a year ... :rolleyes:

Reactions: Steven Pye

wizardofozone

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Zelienople,Pa.
It doesn't cause any yellow colouring of the walls etc, but what it does, and the more clouds you make the more it becomes obvious, is that it leaves a greasy sticky layer all over the furniture and mostly on the windows. Not something i am over concerned, simply wipe the furniture at least once a month to prevent it catching up, but the problem is computer components, air coolers to be exact. As the vapor sticks to the fins of a cooling radiator in the computer, it glues the dust particles more rapidly, so i have to clean up my computer radiators like twice as much more then i needed to clean them before, while i was smoking...

This comment is right on I think ... I hang and display my Giant RC sailplanes and nothing attracted yellowing dirty film like analogs ... not so with vaping but that
oily film is truly an accurate remark. I keep a bottle of rubbing alcohol around and nothing works or drys faster when removing that oily film.

Last edited:
Reactions: milandjikic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread