Does e-juice expire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hottody

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Temcula CA
Normal shelf life is two years for e-juice, but in reality an e-juice can last much longer! Juice can become stale depending on the storage environment. If your juice has been in a place where the cap has been kept on most of it's life, and storage is not fluctuating between hot and cold, you should be ok. Give it a whiff and then place your bet! Or go to Madvapes.com and buy 50 ml of American made juice for $8.95. That could be the better bet!

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
Thanks, the juice I have is still in the bottle and is over half full. I think one is mint and the other is coffee and they are both 24mg. I remember when I tried them before, they seemed kind of harsh and perhaps too strong. Maybe that is why I never finished them. I will try madvapes, those prices are pretty sweet. Thanks again!

Travis798

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Oklahoma
I work on the road, and had some e-juice that was about a year old sitting in my house when I was gone. My air conditioner had quit on me the morning I left, and the house sat through one of the hottest summers on record in Oklahoma completely closed off, with 30+ days straight over 100 degrees and zero air inside. I was gone for about 3 months, had the A/C fixed 2 days before I got home, and I am vaping that juice. Some of it turned pretty dark and I threw it out, but any juice that was not dis-colored is being consumed. Seems fine to me.

I'd say it stores pretty well.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I have some old e-juice from probably 2 years ago? The label on it said it expired sometime in 2011. I have not tried it yet since I don't have an e-cig at the moment, but when I do, is it safe to still use these or will I get sick? Or does it just taste like crap?

I wouldn't use that juice, it's not so much the Nic that goes bad, it is the flavorings and other additives that go bad in juice. Many times it has a really funky taste to it when it is bad, almost like a rotten milk taste without the sourness to it. Think of juice as a food consumable because of the additives and flavorings. Me myself I like juice up to about 6-7 months after that it seems to just not taste the same, for me fresh is best, but there are ones that seem to last longer than others and I'm pretty sure that's because the flavor and additives are different in some flavors and juices so you can get some that last longer, V4L is one of them and they mark there bottles to a 2yr expiration but even at that in my findings only a very few will last that long because some flavors and additives last longer then others, just my 2c on this

Also I believe PG has a shelf life of 1-2 years I forget which one off the top of my head, and VG is 1.5yrs I believe.

Last edited:

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
Well, it's still in the bottle with the cap on and the color seems normal. It does not appear to have darkened. I think most of the time, the bottles were inside a box full of random crap when I moved, and has been ever since. I may have uncovered them when I was looking through the box and set them aside in a drawer. I squeezed the bottle a little bit to poof the air so I can smell it and they seem to smell normal. I don't really want to waste an almost full bottle of juice... but then again, I don't want to get sick either. THEN again, I smoke regular cigs at the moment so... can't be worse than that, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread