• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Does Fasttech sell clones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
I'm in the market for a box mod. I found an " Authentic Sigelei 150W Variable Wattage APV Box Mod " for less than $100. I was wondering if anyone has had bad luck with ordering mods from fasttech, like receiving a clone when it specifically says "authentic"?

gearbest has them on sale for fifty bucks right now... both paces are authentic

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
I'm in the market for a box mod. I found an " Authentic Sigelei 150W Variable Wattage APV Box Mod " for less than $100. I was wondering if anyone has had bad luck with ordering mods from fasttech, like receiving a clone when it specifically says "authentic"?

http://www.gearbest.com/promotion-e...utm_medium=shareasale&utm_campaign=shareasale

edit: im sorry you said 150W.. they have that too but same price, 100$ still both places it would be authentic.

as a general rule if FT has authentic they say authentic, the clones say "style"

Last edited:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

The clones are usually described as 'style'
example
"ZERO Modz Style Variable Wattage APV Box Mod"
is a clone of the ZERO Modz Variable Wattage APV Box Mod

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I saw they had the 100w on sale for $50, but for that kind of sell, I might not need the extra 50w. Lol. Thanks for everyone's info and advice. It's all VERY helpful.

The 100w uses 2 18650 batteries, so you have twice as much vape time compared to a single battery device.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
They sure do!!!

And legit stuff. Actually PayPal will give you a hard time buying legit stuff but none at all buying clones. Either buy a gift card with Paypal or buy they cancel something of equal value and take store credit. Sounds complicated but takes 8 seconds.

Gearbest also sells both. Generally they call a clone a clone and say nothing about the legit. Implied I guess.

I buy from both but mostly FT. Most FT knockoff stuff is just in zip lock bags with a sticker written in Chinese. Some stuff has retail packaging but its pretty plain, for example a Nemesis comes in a black box marked MOD.

Gearbest sells some 1:1 clones of remarkable examples of the cloners "art". I'm puffing on a Atlantis knock off right now that when it came I had to check I didn't order the real deal. Aspire is pretty into this anti-clone stuff and the GB version passed every test except the scratch and sniff code. FT stuff isn't even close, they don't even bother with the code.

EJAB

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
North Las Vegas, Nevada,U.S.A.
The clones are usually described as 'style'
example
"ZERO Modz Style Variable Wattage APV Box Mod"
is a clone of the ZERO Modz Variable Wattage APV Box Mod
The word "clone" is being misused throughout the ecig industry. A "clone" is a 1:1 copy of a "authentic," which means that the "exact" same materials are used to create both and they're indistinguishable when compared side by side. If a description states "style," that just means that the "mod" is "inspired"/similar to that of the "authentic" and is not a "clone":facepalm:

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
The word "clone" is being misused throughout the ecig industry. A "clone" is a 1:1 copy of a "authentic," which means that the "exact" same materials are used to create both and they're indistinguishable when compared side by side. If a description states "style," that just means that the "mod" is "inspired"/similar to that of the "authentic" and is not a "clone":facepalm:

Actually, "clone" is a biological term, that's being used in the abstract here to describe a "copy" of an original item.
And it's used correctly.

For the OP:
Fasttech is legit.
If it says "style" it's a copy.
If it says authentic, it is.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
And with the price of these devices now days, there is absolutely no reason to risk your money on a clone.

Sent from my HTC One M8 Harman/Kardon edition

Nah man,
Today many clones outperform their authentic counterparts.
Fact is, many are made on better equipment in large facilities, rather than garage shops and tabletop lathes.

Here's one example:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fkjDwvmaHdc

Imperialchugger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2015
River End
Nah man,
Today many clones outperform their authentic counterparts.
Fact is, many are made on better equipment in large facilities, rather than garage shops and tabletop lathes.

Here's one example:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fkjDwvmaHdc

That quite true, some clones managed to fix the issues it came in the original copy. eg larger holes, deeper wells

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md

No!
They have been pretty good about correctly indicating Authentic or Style of.

EJAB

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
North Las Vegas, Nevada,U.S.A.
Actually, "clone" is a biological term, that's being used in the abstract here to describe a "copy" of an original item.
And it's used correctly.

For the OP:
Fasttech is legit.
If it says "style" it's a copy.
If it says authentic, it is.
You're right. I work in the medical field and I know that a "clone' is the result of cell(s) producing asexually, which creates genetically "identical" clone(s). I don't understand why a lot of vendors use "1:1 clone", when it's not a "1:1 clone". If a vendor sells a mod as a "clone," then by your definition that's the same as if the vendor sells the mod as a "1:1 clone." In my initial post I meant to put "1:1 clone" in my intro/body, but I forgot and left it as "clone." I tried to change this, but the "edit" option was gone when I attempted.

Last edited:
http://www.gearbest.com/promotion-e...utm_medium=shareasale&utm_campaign=shareasale

edit: im sorry you said 150W.. they have that too but same price, 100$ still both places it would be authentic.

as a general rule if FT has authentic they say authentic, the clones say "style"
Thanks for sending me this link. I order the sigelei 100w for $50. I really appreciate everyone's advice and help. I'll post my thoughts on it when it arrives. This is EXACTLY why I LOVE e-cigarette forum!

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Now settle in for the wait.

GB shipping makes FT look like overnite.

But your stuff will come. If I was a betting man I'd say a month.

You'd loose that bet.
Average shipping to California from China is about 9-10 days.
Order items listed as "in stock", and don't order loose batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread