Status
Not open for further replies.

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
I don't know about clogging, but they do wear out a little faster. VG is a little harder on cartos because the filler by the coil doesn't replenish as quickly, so they tend to run a little dryer with long or frequent hits. I definitely get a little bit longer life out of my 50/50 DIY mixes than with 100% VG, but in my experience the difference is not that significant, maybe about 25% less juice vaped through 'em before they're toast. I would assume the difference between high-VG and a mostly PG juice would be a little more noticeable, but I haven't used many PG-heavy juices so can't comment on that

I don't notice the difference much since the life I get from carto to carto is not very consistent to begin with, the figure I stated above is just my best estimate overall. YMMV, of course

Keekers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Michigan
I started out using high PG juices 80%PG/20%VG. Oh my gosh, the juices absolutely did damage on my throat. Well what I mean by that is they hurt my throat so bad. I also felt really dehydrated. I was worried about going to a higher VG level because of what I had heard from certain people regarding a shorter lifespan.

I actually have no problem with high VG juices. Mine aren't light in color either. I didn't notice any difference, other than the fact my throat stopped hurting :)

cheesebgt

Verified Member
Jul 7, 2011
Tampa FL
Just throwing in my two pence worth....

I've always used a 90%PG/10%VG mix or 100% PG mix and found that my cartos would last on average 1-2 weeks. Recently I've been trying 50/50 mixes. My cartos now last 2-3 day on average. Also, slightly off topic, unlike most I found that VG really doesn't agree with me. My throat feels all scratchy like I'm suffering from a cold and high VG mixes cause me to cough.

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
Thanks, everybody, for your experiences. I diy my own juice, 80%pg/20%vg. Even before I diy'd, I always got this mix. It agrees with me, and it agrees with my cartos in tanks. The reason that I was asking was because of the sale on vg juice that GP just had. I had placed an order, and then I found myself thinking twice about it. I decided that I didn't want to mess with a good thing just because of a sale, so I cancelled my order just in time. I'll stick with my diy juice. I'm really picky about my cartos lasting a long time.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I'm a long carto user too - I just retired two dual coils after three months and over 100ml each. I got my GoodProphets order in and was wondering the same thing, so I've been vaping it exclusively since it came in to find out. Their VG liquid is a fairly thin consistency and seems to vape well in the 1.5 ohm DCC's @ 3.7 volts so far, but I'm not a chain vaper. My wife's got a Boge SR @ 4.8 volts and the draw seems to be a little tighter after about 5ml. I'm getting massive vapor clouds and no change in draw on the DCC's, but I suspect I'll get a little less life, so I'm going to mix it down with other juices so it's about 60-70% VG. Overall it vapes better than I expected and the amount of vapor is huge. Time will tell, but their Flavorfull line has some winners and I'm normally running Halo which is clear and extremely carto friendly. Most VG juices I've had run a little thicker than the GP liquid.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Just Smoktech XL stainless dual coils on a Roughstack, using Halo liquid mostly with other 80/20 pg/vg mixed in. I keep 'em topped off and I don't chain vape so they don't burn. I overfill about once a week and blow them out and that pushes the oldest, darkest and thickest liquid out from the bottom and that seems to keep 'em running pretty well. Call me frugal or cheap - I'd rather spend money on juices.

That said, there's nothing like the snap, crackle pop of a fresh dual coil carto for the first few days!

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
Gotto agree with you on that! Snap, crackle, pop is one of my favorite sounds! :) I use Boge cartos, and I guess you'd call me cheap or frugal, too. I don't like having to dispose of anything before its time. I do chain vape, so I use a carto in a tank, and I'm pretty fussy about my juice; that's why I diy. I also like to get a couple weeks out of my cartos. If I make a juice using a flavor that seems to sharten the life of my cartos, I won't use it anymore.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I Vape VG 100% due to PG Allergy.

VG Liquid does not have to be any thicker than PG.
Just add everpure (195 Proof Alcohol) to the E-liquid until it's the same consistency as PG.
Don't have access to Everpure than add filtered water.

My Clearomizers last as long as they did when I was Vaping 80/20PG.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread