Does it bother you that BIG TOBACCO owns BLU?

Does it bother you that BLU is owned by Newport maker?

• Yes, which is why I quit using them

• Yes, but I use them anyway

• Not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ctruth

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Southern California
...... I have nothing against them, nor anybody that wishes to continue smoking tobacco cigarettes, it's just no longer for my wife and I. I suppose I could look at them as an evil corporation that got me hooked on tobacco and stole my money all those 31 years, but the reality is that I made the conscience decision to smoke the tobacco, they didn't twist my arm.

Just your brain molecules…eh?

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
Doesn't bug me, but just because their products aren't very good, they aren't offering a wide selection of flavor, and most people who try them can see that. If big tobacco owned them and they kicked some serious ..., I'd be a little concerned that the money I'm saving on cigarettes are still going to the same company.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
If Blu bothers you then Johnson Creek bothers you, too. Even though they have one of the best juice facilities, with qualified lab personnel, chemist on staff, clean rooms, people in haz mat suits making your juice, and lab testing.

It's like people in the thoroughbred industry who dislike the so called blue bloods who have the gorgeous TB breeding operations here and overseas.....it takes big money to do some things *right*......those horses get the best of everything, and don't end up being shipped to the slaughterhouse to appear on a dinner plate in Japan.

I would trust JC ejuice more than just about any other, although Hangsen and some others have pretty amazing state of the art facilities, clean rooms, etc.

(in case anyone doesn't know, JC besides making ejuice for the retail/consumer market, makes the juice for Blu).

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
but the reality is that I made the conscience decision to smoke the tobacco, they didn't twist my arm.

that statement should make many people happy, since many who are against testing eliquids for DA and AP say that we are adults and need to be responsible consumers, ie. look out for our OWN safety.

BT put a lot of chemicals in cigs, but in the end, we are told that it is our responsibility to find this out, and ask questions, and be educated consumers.

So, not quite sure anyone with that philosophy *can* hold BT responsible for the damage smoking may have done to them.

Of course, I don't agree but that is another topic. ;) I don't like being lied to, that's #1. And it doesn't matter who is doing it, or whether I like them or not. If they lie to me, they are evil.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
actually RJ now owns Blu...
if you haven't noticed that blu commercials on tv have dwindled and vuse commercials have picked up ;)

you may start noticing that blu is being slowly phased out and vuse will be taking its place on shelves....

but that aside, nope doesn't bother me one bit....just means there's big business' able to throw money at making devices now :) so hopefully we will start seeing better cigalike batteries out on the market....

btw RJ also owns greensmoke and a few other well known ecigs.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Within reason, I couldn't care less who owns what. If we are talking about vapor products, then we are talking about vapor products. If we are talking about those that vape or those that want to vape, in the end, the vape will matter and I imagine that as cig-a-likes have been for many of us, it will drive a yearning for something better -- and those products ain't owned by tobacco companies.

But who cares really what or whose vehicle gets others in the vape lifestyle? And even though there may be some that buy entry-level devices that will be afraid to deviate from products not made by, as they refer to themselves in the Vuse commercial, "tobacco experts", it's never been about winning them all, but about all that are curious to have options. To me, the more options the better. If someone is looking to try vaping but feels more comfortable buying a Blu or a Vuse, I say buy it now -- but I would respectfully enlighten them to the plethora of other options if that other product fails them.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
actually RJ now owns Blu...
if you haven't noticed that blu commercials on tv have dwindled and vuse commercials have picked up ;)

you may start noticing that blu is being slowly phased out and vuse will be taking its place on shelves....

but that aside, nope doesn't bother me one bit....just means there's big business' able to throw money at making devices now :) so hopefully we will start seeing better cigalike batteries out on the market....

btw RJ also owns greensmoke and a few other well known ecigs.

This is Not True. RJ Reynolds (RJR) does Not Own Blu. Lorillard owns Blu.

RJR is set to Acquire Lorillard. And Baring something Very Unforeseen, they will. Estimates are that RJR will have FTC Approval and the acquisition will be complete in Late 2014/Early 2015.

But as per the specifics of the Lorillard Takeover, RJR will spin-off Blu, as well as a few of Lorillard's other Cigarette brands, to Imperial Tobacco. A British based Tobacco Group.

Lorillard Bet on Merger Nod Offers Arb Payoff: Real M&A - Bloomberg

Krashman Von Stinkputin

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
Missouri

RJR is set to Acquire Lorillard. And Baring something Very Unforeseen, they will. Estimates are that RJR will have FTC Approval and the acquisition will be complete in Late 2014/Early 2015.

But as per the specifics of the Lorillard Takeover, RJR will spin-off Blu, as well as a few of Lorillard's other Cigarette brands, to Imperial Tobacco. A British based Tobacco Group.

Zoid's right on this.

I reckon many of the current available cigalike brands will be eventually acquired by BT.
And the best of them they'll keep on selling as the existing brands--just as they do with the different cigarette brands
The poorer of them will be bought out and "shelved"

So Altria will offer the Mark 10 and Green Smoke, just like they have Marlboro, B&H, Merit branded cigs.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info

Thought it'd already gone through....my RJ rep had said it would be aug/sept, maybe oct.....
anyways....they can keep the cigalikes :) until they finally catch up with the times and start making egos or regulated mods :)
at least 21st century, hauss, clayton and vapin plus have figured out that it's time to upgrade :)

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thought it'd already gone through....my RJ rep had said it would be aug/sept, maybe oct.....
anyways....they can keep the cigalikes :) until they finally catch up with the times and start making egos or regulated mods :)
at least 21st century, hauss, clayton and vapin plus have figured out that it's time to upgrade :)

We are Moving into a Market where someone Does Not have the Choice of what to Make and then Call them an e-Cigarette. If you want to sell something as an e-Cigarettes after "Deeming" is Finalized, you will Need to have it Approved by the FDA.

When people Start Thinking along those lines, business decisions regarding Products for companies like RJR or Altria start to become Clearer.

Last edited:

Krashman Von Stinkputin

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
Missouri
We are Moving into a Market where someone Does Not have the Choice of what to Make and then Call them an e-Cigarette. If you want to sell something as an e-Cigarettes after "Deeming" is Finalized, you will Need to have it Approved by the FDA.

When people Start Thinking along those lines, business decisions regarding Products for companies like RJR or Altria start to become Clearer.

This event should start pulling back the curtain on the FDA's game plan:

A Public Workshop – Electronic Cigarettes and the Public Health

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
"Who Should Attend this Workshop?

Scientific and medical experts; other interested participants from academia, public health organizations, federal, state and local government agencies; the tobacco industry; and other interested stakeholders.
"

We got to get someone in there!

I believe the Bill G. is going to attend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread