Does nicotine reduce oxygen flow in the blood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

des09

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2010
Utah
I am not a doctor, Jim, but I believe carbon monoxide is the component of cigarette smoke responsible for causing poor circulation. CO (carbon Monoxide) is a byproduct of combustion, so it is not present in vapor. On a more empirical and personal note, I have been vaping heavily for almost a year, and my circulation is better than it ever was as a smoker. In fact, living in Utah, I find that warm fingers and toes is one of the best positive effects of switching from analogs.

markah1

Moved On
Oct 2, 2010
Chico, CA
I am not a doctor, Jim, but I believe carbon monoxide is the component of cigarette smoke responsible for causing poor circulation. CO (carbon Monoxide) is a byproduct of combustion, so it is not present in vapor. On a more empirical and personal note, I have been vaping heavily for almost a year, and my circulation is better than it ever was as a smoker. In fact, living in Utah, I find that warm fingers and toes is one of the best positive effects of switching from analogs.

Thanks des. That's EXACTLY what I thought. I'm going to start a muscle building workout regiment and circulation is extremely important in recovery. I was hoping my PV wouldn't effect that.

silkakc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2010
Canandaigua, NY
LIke Mark said, circulation will improve with Ecigs over regular analogs.

But nicotine is a mild vaso-constrictor- just like caffeine/coffee/pepsi are:) They are all stimulants. I think pretty much ALL stimulants constrict your arteries now that I think about it. That's why they raise your blood pressure a lil.

But our nicotine juice is comparable to coffee so don't fret about it. It's a minor vaso-constrictor and is as safe as caffeine.

Lori

videvinci

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2009
South Africa
LIke Mark said, circulation will improve with Ecigs over regular analogs.

But nicotine is a mild vaso-constrictor- just like caffeine/coffee/pepsi are:) They are all stimulants. I think pretty much ALL stimulants constrict your arteries now that I think about it. That's why they raise your blood pressure a lil.

But our nicotine juice is comparable to coffee so don't fret about it. It's a minor vaso-constrictor and is as safe as caffeine.

Lori
Lori,
Nicotine is not a minor constrictor- it is a major constrictor of arteries, depending on the amount you ingest

UntamedRose

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Homeish now
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread