Does this seem right to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
The Joe Camel argument still continues to this day. I don't know where you buy your eliquid, Zoidman, but from my experience, if your child bought it under your nose using illegal means, i.e., posing as an adult, then whose fault is it? Yours? Your kids? The company who sold it to them under false pretenses? Where does this argument end, or where does it even begin? Again, just because YOU feel like ANTZ may hold up a bottle with a cutesy label and say THIS is marketed clearly to children (the implication being all juice makers want to profit from selling to underage kids), doesn't mean that is what is actually happening. I'm sorry you're worried about these things, but it all comes down to one simple fact: if you do not agree with it, do not buy it. But because you do not agree with it, do you feel the need to actively destroy or snuff out these labels? You have become the standard by which all things should be judged? If this is getting heated it's because yin can't tell yang from a hole in it's behind.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The Joe Camel argument still continues to this day. I don't know where you buy your eliquid, Zoidman, but from my experience, if your child bought it under your nose using illegal means, i.e., posing as an adult, then whose fault is it? Yours? Your kids? The company who sold it to them under false pretenses? Where does this argument end, or where does it even begin? Again, just because YOU feel like ANTZ may hold up a bottle with a cutesy label and say THIS is marketed clearly to children (the implication being all juice makers want to profit from selling to underage kids), doesn't mean that is what is actually happening. I'm sorry you're worried about these things, but it all comes down to one simple fact: if you do not agree with it, do not buy it. But because you do not agree with it, do you feel the need to actively destroy or snuff out these labels? You have become the standard by which all things should be judged? If this is getting heated it's because yin can't tell yang from a hole in it's behind.

I don't think you are Seeing the Big Picture here.

I don't "Feel" and ANTZ will use Labels like this Against Us. I have Seen it. In those Senate Hearings. And I have Seen it First Hand in School Board Meetings. And let me tell you, It Wasn't Pretty.

Tell me, What is the Downside to a Company be NOT using a Cartoon Character on a bottle of "Juice"? None.

This Isn't a Free Speech Issue. And it Isn't a Parents Issue. It's about Law Makers using something AGAINST all of Us.

If companies want to Use Cartoon Characters on their Labels, and think there is Nothing Wrong with it, or it will Not be Used Against All e-Liquid Retailers, Great.

Sometimes I think that Maybe we will Deserve All that we get in the Coming Regulations.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
The real fight is in reversing the ever-growing "for the children" trend.

I don't like labels like this because they WILL be used against us.
That is not up for debate.

But I can not condone removing freedoms for the sake of expediency.

As long as the world continues down the path of attempting to override Darwin...
And voting for politicians who will protect our little dumplings...

Then this is what we will continue to get.
And it's gonna leave a mark.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
That's good to know, but what did you mean then?

I meant that when people start incorporating other cultures, i.e., the Russians, Chinese, and Arabs, into the conversation as part of a fear mongering scenario, or simple willingful ingorance, I tend to bow out. I have absolutely zero issues with any of those races. I don't understand how you don't understand my meaning in my original post. It's 100% the exact opposite of how you took it. I have zero prejudice when it comes to race.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I see your point about bleach, but it does have a bland label, safety cap and the smell would turn off anyone that wants to chug it. But, vaping doesn't have the years of non-abuse track record. The ANTZ will be all over an ejuice issue, actually, they already are.

The vaping industry is a target with well-funded opponents that will, very quickly, rush to court, legislators, and un-informed parents. I support anything that continues my THR and I accept my adult responsibilities towards child safety.

Reactions: YoursTruli

bones1274

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
florida
Just slap a Mr. Yuck sticker on the bottle and problem solved. Wasn't that the solution for us children of the 70's to keep us away from anything that would hurt us? :lol:

w4eic.png

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Just slap a Mr. Yuck sticker on the bottle and problem solved. Wasn't that the solution for us children of the 70's to keep us away from anything that would hurt us? :lol:

w4eic.png

Maybe we should still have those. Maybe kids would stop eating laundry detergent pods, which look like candy.

jaytex1969

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2015
Austin, TX
Maybe we should still have those. Maybe kids would stop eating laundry detergent pods, which look like candy.

REPRISE

From page 1...

Sorry....I'm an adult and I've had several pints of Oatmeal Stout (with a bland, non-kid friendly label :D)

Jay :headbang:

Last edited:

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
Using words like "no one is going to" and "give me" are sweeping entitlements. I certainly don't feel the way you do concerning this subject. So what invalidates either one of our opinions? This is why discussions on forums go round and round and round with no discernible end result.

I like arsty labels.

And yes, it all does fall down to parental control. Your home is full of poisons. Why is this one subject so demonizing? Like I said, if you don't agree with the bottle labels and don't want them in your home, don't buy them. If you DO like a flavor that has a label that you don't agree with, put it in another unlabeled bottle and label it the way you want to. And put it out of reach of children. Or is that just TOO much effort? Good grief, what do people not get... it's a free world and I like art and uniqueness. A catchy label = kids drinking juice... there are so many stopgaps between those two, and it's in your power to affect that... unless you just don't care.

The issue of marketing and flavoring has already had a run before the committee and this is their position on it thus far as of June of last year. Now I already know what you want and prefer, but BASED ON THIS HEARING answer this.

Do you believe that selling eliquid that uses cute kiddie labels and shaped bottles will hurt or benefit flavoring in how it will be regulated?

E-Cigarette Marketing | Video | C-SPAN.org

Now in case you don't watch it, let me give you a little glimpse. They not only grilled but blew fire at the vaping industry for the creation of flavors such as one's like cotton candy and candy crush, stating they were created with the intention to market to teens. Their eyes glowed red as they pulled up marketing using santa and papa smurf. They damned the vaping industry for glamorizing vaping by using celebrity idols of teens to market to teens through means of social websites, sports events and concerts.

Now please tell me how are they going to respond to eliquids being bottled in a cute kiddie shaped bottle with a cute kiddie label on it? They already in anger pointed out that teens are attracted to the flavors, and further made note of the spike of nic poisoning in very young children. I don't see them having a problem with cute kiddie packaging do you? course as long as we let them know that adults prefer to be marketed to like a child that should smooth things over with them don't ya think....ehem!!!

So..is the end result of why we are having this conversation still indiscernible to you..as you put it?

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
They not only grilled but blew fire at the vaping industry for the creation of flavors such as one's like cotton candy and candy crush, stating they were created with the intention to market to teens.

Their eyes glowed red as they pulled up marketing using santa and papa smurf. They damned the vaping industry for glamorizing vaping by using celebrity idols of teens to market to teens through means of social websites, sports events and concerts.
Now please tell me how are they going to respond to eliquids being bottled in a cute kiddie shaped bottle with a cute kiddie label on it? They already in anger pointed out that teens are attracted to the flavors, and further made note of the spike of nic poisoning in very young children. I don't see them having a problem with cute kiddie packaging do you? course as long as we let them know that adults prefer to be marketed to like a child that should smooth things over with them don't ya think....ehem!!!

So..is the end result of why we are having this conversation still indiscernible to you..as you put it?

You have very florid prose and I applaud you for your dramatic representation of what could be considered essentially a witchhunt.

What you need to understand, and which you obviously cannot, is that "flavors" are NOT marketed to KIDS for the sole intention of getting them hooked on nicotine.

Have you immersed yourself in the culture? Does visiting ECF daily represent your entire involvement in the world of e-cigarettes? How often do you talk to vapers in the wild?

What is happening in your quadrant of the U.S. does not by default represent every other city or state. Your sense of panic and ill-chosen blame doesn't change a single thing.

I stand behind companies who choose to make unique and cool labels. THEY ARE NOT BEING MARKETED TO CHILDREN. If you cannot understand this, I am truly sorry.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

I stand behind companies who choose to make unique and cool labels. THEY ARE NOT BEING MARKETED TO CHILDREN. If you cannot understand this, I am truly sorry.

No One said they were Rocket.

But when does Perception become Reality? I think that is what you are Missing.

Something that is Not Lost on Many Law Makers.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Not that we need pharmaceutical type labeling or anything but making it slightly more plain and omitting images of attractive things to small children is a must. ...

Seems like a No Brainer to Me.

Take away the things that Policy Makers can Use to Hurt Us.

Where is the Downside?

:blink:

Reactions: YoursTruli
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread