Not open for further replies.

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
T
You guys keep arguing regs and all that and don't like what the FDA is doing so how about stepping up to do something. Sign this petition if you haven't already. Petition · U.S. Senate, U.S. House of Representatives, President of the United States: Reject the FDA's Deeming of Vapor Products as Tobacco Products · Change.org
thanks for the link...was not aware that it existed until now...I just hope it doesn't get ignored because the FDA finds it an inconvenience and doesn't fit with their end goal

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
No, but I'd like to see the VW Polo available in the US market. :D

With a 12-15 second 0-60 time I would love to watch you try to get one on to the highway right in front of a semi. There is such a thing as being too slow to be safe.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
There is such a thing as being too slow to be safe.
I've found that the slowest drivers are usually extremely dangerous.
They tend to not be able to see, or pay attention to what is going on around them, and drive like idiots.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
With a 12-15 second 0-60 time I would love to watch you try to get one on to the highway right in front of a semi. There is such a thing as being too slow to be safe.
Depends very much which engine you spec. Sure, base engines don't produce much power, but the top one makes 192 hp and does 0-60 in 6.7. What base engines get you is excellent fuel economy.

There was a time not that many decades ago in the US that 12-15 second 0-60 times were "average" and a car that could get to 60 in under 10 seconds was considered pretty fast. Somehow, I survived in those cars, on roads that had just as many semis on them as today.

But we're getting majorly off-topic here. My point was that regulations restrict consumer's choices. And I believe that point stands.

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
Tthanks for the link...was not aware that it existed until now...I just hope it doesn't get ignored because the FDA finds it an inconvenience and doesn't fit with their end goal
Your welcome. We've broke 16k sigs in a week with just social media/email and sigs keep coming. it will be up for a few months so we can get as many as possible before the regs are submitted for approval.

There are three threads on it, one in general vaping, one in media and news and the one we used to create the petition before posting it and it still amazes me how many ecf members don't know about it. We've ask for a banner announcement though so hopefully that will help when it gets made.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Correct. Except I don't think you would have wanted to make choices for your house electrical wiring that aren't mentioned in the NEC.
Actually, I would. For example, I would have preferred not to use GFI circuits for the convenience outlets in my detached garage -- a structure that has no plumbing or other source of water in it at all, but the NEC forced me to.

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
Actually, I would. For example, I would have preferred not to use GFI circuits for the convenience outlets in my detached garage -- a structure that has no plumbing or other source of water in it at all, but the NEC forced me to.

Then your garage has the floor at or below grade (and is considered floodable during heavy rain etc.)

The NEC didn't prevent you from installing the outlets though, in your choice of color, shape and manufacturer.

Now coming back to FSPTCA, that one is designed to "Prevent" you from doing something. It's right there in its title.

If they were to be about something like every mod has to have a fuse in series with the battery, I wouldn't mind them.

As far as I'm concerned I'd get the cheapest GFI and after inspection I'd do what ever the hell I wanted...if it floods then I assumed the risk but if not then who cares

Reactions: Rossum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread