Does vaping leave any residue on furniture, draperies, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighlanderNorth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Mid Atlantic USA
When I bought my first house, I immediately began smoking indoors, after not being able to smoke indoors for years before because of non-smoking roomates. I did it in my bedroom a lot at night too. Then I quit for almost a year in 2001, and noticed the residue and odor from smoking on my clothing hanging in the closet that I didnt wear often, and a yellowing of the white curtains, etc. I wiped down the walls one time, and noticed that I was getting a little bit of tar onto the rags when wiping the walls down with windex!

So I've finally quit smoking, but I went back to not smoking in the house, so my walls, furniture, clothing dont have residue from smoke on them, but the inside of my truck that I bought new in 2005 does have residue on it, and it smells of smoke. My leather jacket and down jackets need to be dry cleaned to get the smoke smell off them before winter.

But as I vape indoors here, I am watching the vapor disperse into the air in my rooms, and I realize this vapor originates from a sticky liquid, and I would assume that just like everything else that goes up, it must come down and settle on surfaces. I am not really all that concerned about it, but my roomate asked about this so I was wondering if anyone has noticed any residue collecting on any furniture or drapes, any surfaces after vaping in certain rooms for a log period of time? It shouldnt be a big deal or anything, nothing like tar from cigarette, but maybe a thin. light residue of e-liquid(?)

spider362

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2010
Raleigh, NC
When I smoked I used to do it while sitting at my computer (before it became a no-no) and had to wipe the brown sludge off my monitor screen every few days so I could see it.

Now I vape while sitting at my computer and during my roughly 2.5 years there's nothing on my monitor screen except what the computer puts there.

exodus454

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2011
Western Connecticut
Sometimes it'll get a little sheen on the windshield like others said (I always use high VG), but nothing like cigarettes. I've been chainvaping in front of my computer monitor everyday for over a year now (always exhaling right at it) and it's perfectly clean. I think one reason the windshield thing is noticed is because vaping increases the humidity in the car so it shows up very easily.

spider362

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2010
Raleigh, NC
There are also airborne chemicals that get into the car that don't get in the house; exhaust fumes, microscopic oil particles kicked up by tires, smoke and ash from various products being burned. These will adhere to the inside of the windshield which will then cause other things to stick as well.

Long before I stopped using analogs I had stopped smoking in the car, but there was still a coating on the inside of the windshield that had to be removed whenever I got the car washed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread