Does WTA work for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Hi Everybody. I'm a MTL tobacco vaper. Been vaping seriously for a year now. I made a few NETs, but mostly concentrate on making various tobacco mixes. I'm enjoying it tremendously, but find myself not getting the satisfaction a smoke used to give me. I also find I can't stop vaping. I sort of always feel one step behind compared to my smoking years. Now i'm not really complaining here. I am used to it by now, but the other side of my brain still wants that smoke satisfaction we used to get....:D
Anyway....I read about WTA here and got me some Mother's milk. Been using it on and off now for about 2 months, and it don't do nothing like I was expecting from it. I plan to get some from Aroma soon to see what that does.
My question is, does it only work for certain people or maybe to an extend I don't feel it...?
Does it work for you?

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA
I only use the Aroma. Tried one of the others a few years ago that didn't do anything for me. The Aroma does. :thumb:

I have 3 tanks of unflavored. One on my desk. One by my easy chair and one in my take with me case. I don't really vape that much of it but, I want it available when I need it.

If I'm having a stressful day, I'll consciously vape it, and it helps. Mostly, I just pick it up from time to time as an unflavored break from my normal NET's. I do notice that after I've vaped a little, I don't feel the need to be constantly vaping.

I believe that for many, the effect is more subtle than drastic, but definitely noticeable.

Many, if not most, don't need WTA and will therefore probably not notice any effect at all. For those that do need it, it's a Godsend.

Let us know what you think of the Aroma after you've tried it. :thumb:

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Rick thanks for your reply. When I do I will report back.
To be honest Aroma is not cheap. I hope the reason is...because it works...:thumb: From what I can see on the site, it comes in 15ml, coupled with horrendous shipping cost to New Zealand. Its going to blow an entire months vaping budget for me....but I suppose that's my problem hey...
I have to mention I was very impressed with MM costs, service and delivery. It arrived in record time together with a few surprise freebees.

The problem again is, it just don't do anything for me. That is a huge letdown I have to say.
But its encouraging to hear that you got something from Aroma though.
Thanks again...:)

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA
I vape it at 10%, mixed to my normal nic level of 6mg/ml, and it seems to work just fine. Others like to vape it straight but since 10% works (for me), it lasts much longer this way. ;)

I have the 36mg/ml WTA and 100mg/ml regular nicotine. So as an example when making a 100ml bottle:

10ml X 36mg/ml = 360mg nicotine
2.4ml X 100mg/ml=240mg nicotine
87.6ml of PG/VG = 0mg nicotine
100ml................600mg nicotine

600mg/100ml = 6mg/ml

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I've used MM now but I started with Aroma. I really found Aroma WTA to be quite potent, I would use a tiny squirt in a tank when I was really in the detox phase and it helped me immensely (I used the wholesale alkaloid, which is slightly nutty tasting, but blends find into most flavors). I gradually weaned myself but still like to have a tank of it around for stressful situations. MM is less expensive, but not as strong (IMO). I don't really mind it since I'm not using it much at all any more. I find it easy to switch back to not using WTA even after I've used it for a little while. I found it a way easier and more precise way to wean myself off tobacco alkaloids. It's not a magic solution (remember, you are also detoxing of tar and a BUNCH of other chemicals in cigarettes) but I did find it made me less likely to chew through steel by about 3 p.m. everyday.

With that said, I've known people (even using Aroma e-juice) to not find much benefit at all. There are others who don't want the expense and just get the detox over with, as well, which will eventually happen whether you use WTA or not. For those it works well for (I'd say it worked fairl well for me) it can be a godsend. If MM isn't doing much for you, you could try wholesale WTA and mix a little into another juice, as that may work better for some folks than premade WTA e-liquids, as you have a bit more control over how much you are mixing. The main reason I only wanted to use it transitionally is DUE to the expense, but I do NOT regret using it in the beginning at all....

Anna

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I'm enjoying it tremendously, but find myself not getting the satisfaction a smoke used to give me. I also find I can't stop vaping. I sort of always feel one step behind compared to my smoking years. Now i'm not really complaining here. I am used to it by now, but the other side of my brain still wants that smoke satisfaction we used to get....:D

Hi Fredman. Vaping is nothing like smoking, really. Different animal. Do not expect the same instant gratification that smoking provides. Nicotine delivery via vaping is much less efficient. So you're an MTL vaper--what concentration nicotine are you using? Maybe you just need to up your nic a bit--first thing in the morning and at those times when you find yourself chain vaping. When I first started, I had 12 mg/ml and 18 mg/ml liquids in constant rotation--anything higher made me sick, but some people need more.
Anyway....I read about WTA here and got me some Mother's milk. Been using it on and off now for about 2 months, and it don't do nothing like I was expecting from it. I plan to get some from Aroma soon to see what that does.
My question is, does it only work for certain people or maybe to an extend I don't feel it...?

Again, it depends or what you need. If you just want to stop chain vaping or calm down a bit, Aroma's unflavored WTA works (for many/most). If you want that cigarettelike kick, not gonna happen with WTAs. The only thing I know of that will do that is Swedish snus--safe, has been around for ~200 years and has been studied extensively. If you're really miserable, give snus a try--start with small white portions, like General mini mint. If you need more information, I suggest you talk to the experts in our smokeless subforum:

Smokeless tobacco

Good luck!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'd agree on it not being a cigarette like kick, like tobacco, and I could see the advantages of using snus in a gradual, decreasing way, it's certainly safe. My question is whether it would provide you with the same type of gradual, step-down approach than WTAs. I didn't try snuff because I was a bit worried I might get just as into that as smoking, making my vaping transition (in some backwards way) more difficult. The thing I like about WTA is that it helped with detox, it did not eliminate it completely, and it did give me some satisfaction WHILE I was detoxing and in the meantime, reinforcing my vaping habit. That is the nice thing about WTA, it can help slightly when transitioning but it isn't a magic fix. It was enough of a fix for me that it got me vaping more steadily, and smoking less, and I didn't end up dual using for very long (I was surprised).

I do also use nic salts, I purchased them initially as my throat was really torn up and I was not looking for any throat hit at all. They are purportedly more quickly bioavailable more like real cigarettes. I'm not sure that I noticed a HUGE switch upon starting using them, but everything's kinda hazy, maybe I did notice more at first..... In either case, some folks do notice that more "quickly" hitting nicotine, though I'm pretty firmly convinced that that "woooahhh" sensation comes from a lot of things in cigarettes, including inhaling CO2. Co2 is pretty potent, and you aren't going to get that headrush feeling (IMO) with snus, either, though I guess maybe? I can't say for sure since I haven't tried it.

If you are having a simply horrendous time, some judicial snus might help you though, especially if there are times that you can't vape frequently (though I tend to use nic lozenges for that.... I don't need a new dipping habit, however harmless.)

Anna

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
@Katya + @stols001
Thanks for your replies.
Nah i'm over smoking. I stand with smokers regularly and do find the smell inviting, but i'm very proud of myself for not feeling the feel to take one again. Its a truely free feeling...! Got no ill feeling towards smoking or its disciples either.
My vaping is an equal match for that invitation....:firefox:
I guess what I really wanted was the same "buzz" from my vaping, that I used to get from smoking. That I actually realise is not going to happen as that only is possible with combustion. Its actually important to realise that smoking and vaping is two different things. I don't feel like i'm substituting anymore. I've set the whole WTA thing aside and are rather concentrating to get the most out of vaping.
I'm a hobbiest now, not a habitist anymore :headbang:

Last edited:

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Hey Dutch. To be honest I don't mind either way. I actually like the smoke smell and always have. Not the stinking stale one though :blush:
I know my time is over. Been trying for the last 10 years to quit but loved it to much. Now I have a new love and i'm not the two timing kind...never have been :p

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Discovering WTA juice has been a game changer for me, that and getting a variable wattage battery. When my aspire Zelos arrived, I dialed the wattage down to 12 and everything fell into place. Thus far I have not had a problem with gunky coils.

For me, the daytime hours are the worst. So, I vape aroma juice at the times I would normally smoke and it works. I do feel like I have had a 'cigarette like' experience. Currently, I am vaping aroma flue cured but I also use their 555. I am looking for a non-WTA tobacco flavored juice for the evening hours when not smoking is less of a problem.

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA
Discovering WTA juice has been a game changer for me, that and getting a variable wattage battery. When my aspire Zelos arrived, I dialed the wattage down to 12 and everything fell into place. Thus far I have not had a problem with gunky coils.

For me, the daytime hours are the worst. So, I vape aroma juice at the times I would normally smoke and it works. I do feel like I have had a 'cigarette like' experience. Currently, I am vaping aroma flue cured but I also use their 555. I am looking for a non-WTA tobacco flavored juice for the evening hours when not smoking is less of a problem.
Heather's makes some good tobacco juice. Tobacco Flavors : Heather’s Heavenly Vapes, Top Quality Custom E-Liquids I used to like the Heavenly Tobacco before getting into DIY.

If you DIY, (it's very easy) here's a good, but long, thread on just tobacco flavors. Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only I agree with Danny (the OP). Hangsen and Inawera are two of the best.

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Reactions: Rickb119
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread