In regard to the thread about the poor puppy who ate e-juice, I wanted to post this separately. In an emergency, you can give your pet (really) burned toast. It acts as charcoal, absorbs the poison, and makes them throw up (pup-chuck). You can also buy a bottle of syrup of ipecac over-the-counter to keep on hand, which is given to induce vomiting. My grocery store has it in the baby food section. When my dog snatched and ate almost a whole bag of Hersey's Dark Chocolate Kisses, I rushed him to the emergency vet, where he stayed for 2 nights while they observed him for seizures. Next time I saw my regular vet, he told me about the burned toast. I could have saved $1,500!