Status
Not open for further replies.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
I have spent my dollar per day in the last month for the next year, but I am just getting started. I like the idea of DIY though, I see it in my future.
$360?? Hopefully you will eventually slow down. OTOH, If you are wealthy, why not? Have fun, few of us are in that situation.

Reactions: sd3614

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
Shhhhh my wife can pop up behind me at any time lol.

Yes, that is about right but I have bought multiple tanks and at least 15 bottles of juice. It could be a tad more.

Definitely not rich, it was a huge splurge but I have enough to last me more than that many cartons of cigs $$ wise.

Reactions: 3mg Meniere

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I saw this and thought a few of you might be interested, it's a listing of eliquids and prices.
Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OMH1NGr60TPe2nFfZfdB7s8-qCs8gRY44T-rMQBxHb8/edit#gid=0

I don't know why but the link wouldn't show up without adding it as code.

Last edited:

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Looks like we will have to be satisfied with the thread instead of the group.

I am settled. With mixing my own juices, two kicked mods (Num-Num and Plain Jane), a Vamo (La Vamitresse), six Orchids with one-piece tanks, and multiple PIF's, my goal is to spend nothing for the next six months. If I can't do it, the goal gets kicked forward every month.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Good luck. I haven't estimated my daily costs yet. I budget apx $100/mth for vaping which is less than I spent while smoking. It would be nice to get the costs down but I keep "gearing up" for the vapeacolopyse instead. If not mods, it's nic. I just see too many "great deals" - sorta. A big reason I've relapsed before has been equipment failure, or not having something ready to go when I need it.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Good luck. I haven't estimated my daily costs yet. I budget apx $100/mth for vaping which is less than I spent while smoking. It would be nice to get the costs down but I keep "gearing up" for the vapeacolopyse instead. If not mods, it's nic. I just see too many "great deals" - sorta. A big reason I've relapsed before has been equipment failure, or not having something ready to go when I need it.

The stocking up bug has been my big expense too. Some of my favorite stuff is on clearance, and won't be available later, so it's budget hoarding prime time! I really need to declare a six month moratorium myself.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
The stocking up bug has been my big expense too. Some of my favorite stuff is on clearance, and won't be available later, so it's budget hoarding prime time! I really need to declare a six month moratorium myself.

Well it's very confusing because getting new stuff and vape mail is part of what keeps me interested (discovered the hard way). But I do like finding ways to cut corners and bringing costs down even if it's not the dollar a day mark. I really have very few extra's because I end up PIFing to people I run into - the goal is to surround myself locally with vapers, maybe buy in bulk at some point? It's a challenge.

Today there was a post for $2 CE4's that use cotton wick kanger replacements and a write up about how great they were. Tempting, but I'm not sure I'd want to use Spinners again since those seemed like a buying merry-go-round. The isticks also need constant replacements. That's not much help.

That's very disappointing. I'm not buying into new tech (temperature control) when they can't make the current tech work without auto-firing, charging fires or melting the insides for whatever reason. I can't afford to waste money on more istick-like crap.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
I was firmly in the dollar-a-day club, until VaporShark slashed their prices and I just couldn't resist picking up an rDNA40 for $130. That's almost as much as I had spent in total up until then, in the six months I've been vaping. So, my daily average just nearly doubled overnight from 72 cents/day to $1.42/day, and pretty soon here in another month or so it's gonna take another hit since I'll soon be in need of a second batch of DIY supplies. But after that, I should be on track for a good long while, and slowly working my way back towards my club membership. Still way cheaper than smoking, though, even after dumping $130 on a new toy :D

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com

That's my thing, too -- I've seen for myself how fallible these things can be, and I don't wanna even start thinking about smoking just because for whatever reason, I can't get a good vape -- but it's nice to have a surplus, so that on leaner paydays, I really don't *need* to buy anything -- but if the payday is avg or better, then I get more of this or that for the surplus. :) $100/mo or less is my own usual projected budget for vaping, and sometimes it's a lot less, if we have some big thing pop up, but a lot of times, it's a lot more -- it balances out, I don't go without or start thinking about smoking -- big WIN! :thumb:

Andria

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I was firmly in the dollar-a-day club, until VaporShark slashed their prices and I just couldn't resist picking up an rDNA40 for $130. That's almost as much as I had spent in total up until then, in the six months I've been vaping. So, my daily average just nearly doubled overnight from 72 cents/day to $1.42/day, and pretty soon here in another month or so it's gonna take another hit since I'll soon be in need of a second batch of DIY supplies. But after that, I should be on track for a good long while, and slowly working my way back towards my club membership. Still way cheaper than smoking, though, even after dumping $130 on a new toy :D

The little bit I've heard about rDNA40 is they last and can be repaired. That's a long term investment, more like a capital expense and I figure those in differently. I figure a person needs a minimum of 2 mods to stay smoke free and those should get replaced yearly. That's 2 mods per year - then I take the price of those, divide by 12 (since I think they should last a year) which equals my actual monthly cost. After one year, if they are still operating, it's gravy = they've paid for themselves.

If I invest wisely, it's quite possible my investments will hold resale value which makes me feel a little better. Essentially, I could sell them at years end to finance the current year. Ha-ha-ha. I really did delude myself into thinking that way when I first started vaping. The reality is I get attached and never want to let them go. I think I'd rather hunt down someone who can repair a worthless 4 year old mod than toss it. Sometimes I threaten to name them.

The expense that gets me is replacing the disposables and I do have a need for them. Easy to carry, no big whoop if lost or broken, etc. But I don't like not knowing when they are going to die and the buying merry-go-round that I get sucked into. It's a pet peeve and right now there is a serious lack of investment quality mods that interest me. I'm downright .....y about it. Not only that, but I see new tech being invested when they haven't solved the issues with the current tech - even worse, the new tech (tc) isn't going to improve my vaping experience even if everything did work. Then what do I do?

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
The little bit I've heard about rDNA40 is they last and can be repaired. That's a long term investment, more like a capital expense and I figure those in differently. I figure a person needs a minimum of 2 mods to stay smoke free and those should get replaced yearly. That's 2 mods per year - then I take the price of those, divide by 12 (since I think they should last a year) which equals my actual monthly cost. After one year, if they are still operating, it's gravy = they've paid for themselves.

If I invest wisely, it's quite possible my investments will hold resale value which makes me feel a little better. Essentially, I could sell them at years end to finance the current year. Ha-ha-ha. I really did delude myself into thinking that way when I first started vaping. The reality is I get attached and never want to let them go. I think I'd rather hunt down someone who can repair a worthless 4 year old mod than toss it. Sometimes I threaten to name them.

The expense that gets me is replacing the disposables and I do have a need for them. Easy to carry, no big whoop if lost or broken, etc. But I don't like not knowing when they are going to die and the buying merry-go-round that I get sucked into. It's a pet peeve and right now there is a serious lack of investment quality mods that interest me. I'm downright *****y about it. Not only that, but I see new tech being invested when they haven't solved the issues with the current tech - even worse, the new tech (tc) isn't going to improve my vaping experience even if everything did work. Then what do I do?

I agree with you about the TC craze... I think it may eventually turn into something useful, but for now... I'll pass. Vaping on a 1.5Ω coil at 10w and knowing how to wick my coils properly is all the temp control I require.

Andria

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
Spent whatever I wanted on vaping the first 2-1/2 years and had a great time trying out lots of vaping toys and building a stash but for the last almost 2-1/2 years I've spent very little, staying within the $1 a day goal. I recently ordered some old fashion 510 LR attys from China for my stash, cotton for RBA's, replenished my DIY flavorings since I did need a couple flavors and figured it was time to try out some new DIY juices, and got a second istick and subtank mini since I love the ones I already owned and wanted spares. With the money I have left for the year I want one of the new SUBOX mini kits and will needs new batteries for it. I think for the first time in a LONG time I'm going to go ahead and spend more then the $1 a day budget and get myself a second Reo Grand and RM2 for the longevity factor. I love the one Reo I own and have no doubts I'll still be using my Reo's for a very long time into the future so even with its high price tag I have no doubts that it will be good a purchase in the long run. I think I'll consider it my 5 year vaping anniversary present. :thumbs:

Since I have a large stash of vaping toys I only rarely have any "needs" so I spend most of my budget these days making sure my stash is filled with the vaping supplies I know I'll still be happy to be vaping 2, 5, 10, or 20 years from now along with trying out a new toy once in a while just to keep vaping fun :vapor:

Impulse buying is a huge problem for those us wanting to control our vaping cost. :danger: My first 6 months of limiting my budget was the hardest since it took some getting used to not having packages delivered at least once a week. lol. The best advise I can give to help not spending money on vaping is DON'T go looking for new products and DON'T go browsing vendors websites unless you intend to spend money.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
I agree with you about the TC craze... I think it may eventually turn into something useful, but for now... I'll pass. Vaping on a 1.5Ω coil at 10w and knowing how to wick my coils properly is all the temp control I require.

Andria

I'm trying out TC at the best possible price...free. I won a contest from Heaven Gifts, a evic VT. It's a very nice mod and being Joyetech I expect it to last quite a while. As far as TC, I don't see a big difference from a 1.5Ω coil using VW or even VV, if it's adjusted right.

I stay under a dollar a day with DIY and homemade coils, along with repairing or modifying my mods and tanks until they are long past their expected normal lifespan. I still have a VV Gripper in my rotation, it's had the 510 connector replaced a few times, a couple new switches and currently held together with a heavy-duty rubber band....:thumbs:

Last edited:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
The one thing that I absolutely would love to stock up on that I've seen on clearance is cartomizers for my tanks. I snatched about 100 of them. But, they were gone when I went back to get more. Plus, I missed a couple of other clearances on them at other sites.

So, if anyone sees cartomizers at clearance prices (5 cartos for a dollar), please let me know!

Stocking up a little bit has proven very useful. Sometimes I can't afford to buy anything at all for 6 to 9 months at a time. But, right now I'm trying to stock up for a lifetime. I'm old, so that's not too, too much.

I so miss the pleasure of new shinies! But, I've become so paranoid that I stock boring stuff instead whenever I can scrape up a little money.

I think I need an intervention! Or, maybe not. Not sure.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Ecig Charleston may have some that would help, but the best I see is 3/99 cents and 5/1.99 shipping is $1.99. Huge discounts on closeout ECIG supplies. I have used them multiple times stocking up on my preferred Vision Novas and heads, and their service has been excellent. Good luck!

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
Once I recoup all that I've spent on hardware I will certainly be under $1 a day - I DIY and the most expensive juice I make is €0.84 per 10 ml. Let's be generous and say that last me only one day. There you have it. I also recoil all my coil heads so I don't see me spending more on that either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread