• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Don't be shy, introduce yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crash

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Karachi, Pakistan
So we finally managed to get our own national forum on ECF woohoo woohoo.

I guess since I'm making the thread i'll start by introducing myself. My obsession with electronic cigarettes started back in December of 2008, when a certain someone asked me to quit smoking and I got all worked up and decided to quit. I initially used nicotine patches and that was fine, my craving was being met but the whole feeling of smoking was lacking, and I learned something about myself. I enjoyed smoking, for me it was a social activity when living in Ireland not just an addiction.

The very first electronic cigarette I owned was a cig look alike from nucig in UK, but that quickly got annoying as the battery life was too short so I moved on to 901s and 510s. The first mod I ever owned for the Screwdriver that Totally Wicked sells, and then I moved on to mechanical mods like the GG which I still own to this day and its nearly 5 years old. While living in Ireland I owned many different mods, pipes, you name it I was buying it, trying it, and reviewing it. It was good times :D

When I moved to Pakistan a couple of years back I just couldn't afford to vape anymore as cigarettes were soooooooo much cheaper than vaping, and their was no reputable/affordable vendor in the Pakistani market. However in the recent year that has changed, so I've started vaping again, haven't touched a cigarette in nearly 3 months now.

So that would be me in a nutshell so to speak, so your turn :2cool:

Oh and this is my favorite smiley on here :banana::banana::banana:

OD4ME

Jun 11, 2014
Lahore, PK
My name is Hassan, Im a Medical Professional (Pharmacist). I was smoking a pack a day , for a better part of 8 years of my smoking history, I tried to quit several times in that duration with a couple of successful attempts that kept me off analogs for about 4-5 months , funny story though, but every winters from the past couple of years I would resume the old habit of smoking, esp with friends that do smoke (a-lot) I just wanted to see if there are better quality cigarettes out there and switched to marlboro lights, this would just make me sick to my stomach as I was just not wanting to smoke but couldnt help it afterall. I read about e-cigarettes a while back but there were no such places that I knew from where I could get them, Long story short I read & did my research, a lot of helpful articles on ecf and the internet,

My very first kit was an evod, I just couldnt wait to get it and I didnt smoke one cigarette while it was in transit, excited as I was , I also feared that I might eventually go back to analogs if this didnt turned out as expected, and boy it did, I was immediately hooked. I used it for a good couple of months and finally moved to 18650's and mechanical mods, got my first RDA (trident clone from FT)

So no cigarettes , 6 months clean, no ashtrays, no lighters, and my room doesnt smell like ..... tobacco. I'm just glad I took my first step.

Se/\/te/\/ced

Unresolved Status
Mar 14, 2014
Pakistan
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Mohid

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2016
Pakistan
Hi there. I'm from Bahawalpur and vaped a cigalike while I was in the US three years ago. But the cartridges were so expensive that I went back to smoking. Didn't do much research about mods and stuff back then. I think these many alternatives weren't even available back then. Now I'm in Pakistan and started vaping again. Hoping to have some mutually beneficial discussions about it if you guys and any others are still active here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread