DON'T BUY the eGo AIO!!!!! IT SUCKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Think I'm good with a 100w mod, I rarely go over 50, so I'm looking at small replaceable battery options that fall in that range now.

The Pico 75W mods have a great reputation, and many on here have loaded up on them for their stashes. Rocky Mountain Vapor has them for $22 + change after their 30% off discount with the code Turkey. Free S/H, too, for $14+ purchase. They'd fit your criteria in every way - right wattage capability, small sized, and takes a replaceable battery.

Tony80

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2015
The Pico 75W mods have a great reputation, and many on here have loaded up on them for their stashes. Rocky Mountain Vapor has them for $22 + change after their 30% off discount with the code Turkey. Free S/H, too, for $14+ purchase. They'd fit your criteria in every way - right wattage capability, small sized, and takes a replaceable battery.
That's a good price, but if I get a Pico (it's on my want list) I want the brushed gunmetal (which is actually brass)

samandmax

Moved On
Apr 26, 2017
Boston
Indeed. Yesterday this beautiful girl half my age came up to me and said "I'm a model, just in town for a photo shoot, and I hope you don't think I'm being too forward, but that's a really cool mod you have there. Also, I like your taste in fedoras and stone-washed jeans. Got any Dad-jokes you'd like to tell me? I love those."

Then I woke up and had to go to work, but it left me with a good feeling all day. I owe it all to my excellent taste in vaping equipment. And hats.
What's better than a V2 hangin' outta your mouth with a cowboy hat on and trucker jacket, faded jeans and cowboy boots?

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
What's better than a V2 hangin' outta your mouth with a cowboy hat on and trucker jacket, faded jeans and cowboy boots?

Yeah, admittedly I was stoked with mine. I think you can get some with fire buttons but mine was just automatic.
Pretty cool until I wanted more.
It will happen my friend. One day.

But make sure to take everyone's help about charging. I had a halo and a couple other little USB chargers.
I used the wrong one on one of my v2s. Luckily I was close by because I could smell it and it melted before my eyes!

I'm not good with currents and Amps when charging but just use the one they send with it. Stay :cool:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
So I've been vaping with the eGo AIO starter kit for days........ only to find out that I went through 2 coils in a matter of 5 days. That's right, 5 days.

I loved my AIO. Coils lasted me 10 days at least. Sometimes longer. Was so easy to fill, too.

Sounds like you got a bad box of coils or starter coils in that AIO package. It happens.

I've probably owned 200+ pieces of vaping gear since 2012, and this is one of my favorites. I wish they had these for newbies when I was starting out.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
i have the little ego aio box, with the 0,6 coils, and it's great.. no gurgles, spitback or dry hits here.. what's the issue? That's what i take out, as even with the small juice capacity seems to last all night and the battery too (ie the 0.6 coils are not juice hogs). Just top to fill line and go. It's actually one of the very few joyetech ego branded products i *haven't* had an issue with. Also, it's the lightest mod i have ever held in my hand, ever, and so stealth. I have the little yellow and white one, it's not missed a beat here, other than fire button rattle from the get go. But it works.

If you like, there's also the mi one which can take the joyetech coils but it has adjustable airflow, there's also the ego aio pro with adjustable airflow..

PS Just wanted to add, there is a huge advantage with the little aio box.. IF your coil happens to die, just have a spare in your pocket. you could literally even exchange it at a club it is so easy with the top fill mechanism. Also, they DON'T LEAK.. like.. ever! I left mine for a month and forgot about it with the full 2ml of juice lol, and not one drop of leakage.. This is why they are the ideal car/on the go/pocket device for a cig type vape. You can also try the 1ohm and 1.5 ohm bf coils in them.. AFAIK they put out the appropriate level for what joyetech coil you use.

Let's not also forget the original ego one, which has solved every single problem with the new amazing 0.6 CL coil.. I am vaping with it on a DNA at 470 Fahrenheit and 22-25 watts.. amazing coil vs most pre made coils these days.. all new life to an ego one tank or device.

Last edited:

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
True vaper? wut lolz

One that doesnt lie?
I get cravings, for me it has been 'I didn't smoke one today', everyday for the last 1591 days / 4.35 years.

I guess them folks that have had an easier time quitting the cigs & staying away weren't true smokers, just pretend ones.

I hear you.. and it's weird, cause cigarette smoke stinks so bad to me now, and I know when i tried just one during my 3 year vaping, i spat it out as it tasted disgusting. And i really get what non smokers were on about all those years.But yet, i still crave them. I think that vaping being such a hobby with so many different options, is what has kept my mind off it and busy. No matter what i have tried, maybe 200 different juices now, 50 tanks and mods, cig alikes, aio's, the works.. I still have never had that TRUE satisfaction of when i used to wake up and have a strong cig with a morning drink in the garage.. And that's what i miss. So yes, i was a true smoker that just loved it, but i'll never go back to it thanks to vaping.

I think the real problem may be that after all this searching, I still can't find a single vape, even with high nic, that replaces the throat hit of a 16mg or unfiltered cig, or say a perique american spirit. nor something that actually tastes like tobacco.. (the closest i get is with the south beach red tobacco believe it or not, try it, it will surprise you, but they "Only" go to 24mg.. The brilliance is, you can get a triple flavour shot, then top it off with some ultra high nic for a stringer throat hit without losing flavour)...
Maybe my throat is damaged.. because Phil Busardo gets throat hit with 12mg.. and to me that's just short of sheer hilarity... i find when i vape, no matter what strength, i can get 3 drags with throat hit then my throat is numb and i have to take a break.. it's like i build up resistance.. never happened with cigs and the satisfaction was there every single draw...

But my health is so improved as is my coughing (gone), and the horrible smell, not to mention even with all the money spent on mods, i am way under a years worth of smoking budget ($25 a pack here, 1 pack a day, do the math).. so it was still the best decision ever made.

Back to the AIO, mine is actually filled with the juice mentioned above using the 0.6 coil, and i don't find the draw loose at all. this is a mouth to lung device, or if you use the 0.5 coil, you can get a lung hit. If the OP wanted a lung hit, why not simply try the 0.5 coil which has the opened airflow? I must admit the OP has confused me with the contradictions.. one he wants a cigarette type experience without the massive health harm but two he hates restrictions on the lung draws.. huh?
do people remember just HOW tight the draw of cigs are? Cause they are TIGHT, i remember that clearly.. they are basically zero airflow or as close as one can get to that, like the very smallest hole on the nautilus 1 tank.

Reactions: Eskie

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Back to the AIO, mine is actually filled with the juice mentioned above using the 0.6 coil,

I really like the 0.6 coil. And since I enjoy a "cool" vape as opposed to hot/warm, I like the 1.5ohm ones, too.

I had a lot of trouble with the 1.0 ones though. 1/2 of every box I got bad coils that gave out in the first 2 days.

Never tried the 0.5 ones......would be too hot for me.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I am of the opinion (and it will remain so) that it's practically impossible to get the throat hit you're looking for as compared to a cigarette. Vapor is nothing like smoke (THANK GOD) and if it were, it would probably be harmful to your health.

I get a throat hit on the nautilus 2 at 15--20 nic, max VG (allergic to PG), 13 watt, 1.8 coils, it just feels different (and, as a heavy smoker in my lifetime) and it doesn't burn/hurt. On sub-ohm devices I certainly feel the hit more, but I also get coughing, (sometimes) and don't like anything about the way it feels.

Chasing that perfect cigarette *experience* isn't really the way to think about quitting. I was dual using a few years back and a friend of mine at work had been vaping for awhile.... He has an oxygen tank already, and I was lamenting the time when an e-cig would feel enough like a cigarette for me to enjoy it. He quickly said, "Anna, e-cigs will ALWAYS be different, they ARE different, it's NEVER going to be the same." He'd been vaping for many years....

A few years later, I decided to heed his advice. The funny thing? I'm about 2.2 weeks into vaping, and cigarettes *don't* taste or feel the same to me than a vape.... They taste gross, I feel awful (mentally as well as physically), and I don't enjoy the *throat hit* I don't even really notice. I just notice how foul they are, as well as noticing that steady, stable vaping (and believe me, I've fallen off the wagon a few times.... One time at a concert, where, after a while, cigarettes were okay as I was *smoking* so much, the next day I woke up and could hardly breathe/talk, oh YAY) and went straight back to vaping. I'm okay with my delivery system, it works for me, throat hit or not, and I do get *something*.

Chasing the endless "Oh, if this were just like a cigarette" kept me smoking and starting and stopping vaping, for a long time. It was only after a few days (a surprisingly few days) where I REALLY tried to just vape almost constantly, and yes I dual used for a bit but not MUCH, had me realizing that yes, it's different, but it's BETTER, for me at least.

I don't vape tobacco flavors as I have never found a single flavor to remotely satisfy the "taste" of cigs, though you mentioned you had a flavor you liked, but the nic wasn't enough? You are able to purchase nic itself, which you could add to that flavor, but you'd need to be careful and precise (and safe) in mixing that with your desired flavor. You could try that.

Anna

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
wwll you pretty much reiterated exactly what I said LOL, regarding throat hit difference, cigs smelling and tasting gross now, etc. I already did say i add nic to that flavour to add punch, but my post was long so you may have missed it. That south beach red tobacco flavour really does taste exactly like a cig, it's uncanny, but without the burn taste associated with it.
Where we differ is, i get zero throat hit with cloud chasing low ohm tanks, and i don't get any throat hit with anything under 24mg, no matter what. For example i don't even get a tickle with pod systems that use pre filled 18mg.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
still no outstanding throat hit here with 100% PG..

can you PLEASE give me a hint was to who sells sub par nic? maybe that's what i need to try. I am being serious.
***MY OPINION ONLY*** Wizard is the worst nic I've had. Very peppery.

Nude nic and VapersTek are good and the offer specific formulas for harshness.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
So how much nic are you adding, I'm sorry I missed it. Too much nicotine can be numbing, I *believe*, and if the throat hit is wearing off after a few puffs, that may be why? It's just a thought?

Anna
i turn the 24mg mix into a 30.

the flavour i like is the south beach red tobacco with 2 flavour shots.

so i choose 3 flavour shots and add the extra nic, makes it come out like a 2 shot but stronger.
it wears of at 18 and 12mg after one puff.. so no that can't be it.

i believe this is why juul is 5% (50mg), it's the only way to get real th.

i'm gonna try the "throat hit nic" next

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, I believe juul uses a special formulation of nic, that's more similar to a cigarette in its drop off/need to smoke again rate. I'm assuming the Juul is too expensive but I believe Nude Nicotine (I think? I read this stuff a bit ago) makes the kind of nic that's in the juul, so you may want to try them? I got my nicotine, I'm just too craven to mess with it yet :)

Whole Tobacco Alkaloid juice might be worth a try? You may not get the throat hit, but you'll get a more similar to tobacco "feel". It's expensive, however, and you may not want to go that route unless you absolutely *must*. At a high VG content, I can't speak to its throat hit but I can speak to its efficacy in using a *tiny amount* in my tank, which I'm gradually phasing out....

Anna

ShannonA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2011
Tyler, Tx
i kinda have to agree about the ego aio...So many people on youtube saying its great but I don't get it, I'm assuming it's because they received it for free to review. Its not dl, and not tight enough for a good mtl. It just feels cheap as well. I suppose you can't expect much for the price and I purchased it just to have a backup.
I have an AIO and I like it. I would recommend it to a beginner because it's not "fussy". when you're coming from something you can just light up and use you're not really wanting to do a lot of work to get your "fix". That's actually why I like it also. It's simple to use, no muss, no fuss. I'm sure there are better units out there but I'm not looking for a killer hit. I just want the ritual really. Like someone above said I sure wish they were around when I started. I went through 3 different battery types and a handful of different carts/tanks before I found a setup that worked well for me. It's a miracle I didn't go back to smoking.

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
***MY OPINION ONLY*** Wizard is the worst nic I've had. Very peppery.

Nude nic and VapersTek are good and the offer specific formulas for harshness.
Nicotine River has really good nic, I've been using them for over three years :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread