Don't discount attys

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortyjacobs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Minneapolis
So I'm pretty new to this. Most of the advice I read here was to go with cartomizers. I had been on a hunt for a while to find one I liked. Tried Boge 3.2s, Boge 2.0s, GoodProphets GP510 2.8s, and just now got some madvapes dual coil 1.6s, (3.2 ohm per coil), trying them on my 4.8V NiMh mod, my 5V USB passthrough mod, and my 280 mAh manual 510 batts...always on the quest for the cloudy vape I read about.

I recently became allergic to PG, so ordered a host of VG only juices. Not wanting to waste 10 more cartos on trying juices I don't like, I swung by my local shop and grabbed a 510 3.2ohm atty. My plan was to drip onto it until I found the flavors I liked, then fill my new DC cartos.

So I did that, filled the DC cartos, and realized I was getting a MUCH better vape out of the atty with dripping. Holy hell, the difference, head to head, same juice, freshly dripped atty vs. freshly (and fully) filled carto, is night and day.

I'm an atty convert now. No more blowing money on cartos. Guess I have to build a genesis :2cool:.

Redneck Disciple

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Kentucky
www.discipleradio.com
Well with my new experance also with atty and carto's i find i like tanks better than all..You may want to try the fluxomizers about the same vape as a atty with the convience of a carto. also yuo can get small tank tips for your attys... Kust a heads up lol.. i have dropped hundreds on cartos, attys, and tanks and went in to making my own tanks..

Welcome to the world os vapeing

Redneck

As for the pg and vg juice the pg gives me a sore throat so i get my juice with less pg and more vg or cut it with vodka if it is thick.

tidegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
Panama City, FL
I'm not crazy about cartos myself. Too much topping off to make me happy. I drip for taste testing, but again too much dripping for daily use for me. I am still in search of my perfect vape, but I am determined to find it! I just ordered some clearomizer type things today... hopefully my magic solution will be in that box! :)

Honigschmidt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2011
Sacramento Ca
Thumbs up for giving atty's their props :vapor:

The one thing I found discouraging is that the Atomizers usually boasted a cool vape , and what I wanted was a nice hot/warm vape. So I jumped straight to Cartomizers.

I love Cartomizers still but recently I took a chance and bought a 1.8 OHM Atty that boasted a warm/hot vape. Before reading the reviews on this, I had no Atty's came in 1.8.

I'm hoping this renews a love of Attys for me. IKV io6 LR Atomizer 1.8

I wish you luck!

iamtopher34

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2010
Sandy Utah
Dripping was king for me till i used a dcc tank on vv i get great vapor and flavor all most what i did while dripping. Now i have 3 new attys collecting dust. Maybe a vape mate would help cuz i love dripping its just such a pain for me at work and i spend more time working then not.
But as long as you find what keeps you from smoking cigs keep at it

hubseven

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
New York
No doubt that dripping and atties give the best flavor and throat hit. The reason I went to cartos only was convience (hard to drip when driving) and consistency (atties were way to finicky, if they did perform the way they said they would I would be an atty user only. Hoping that an atty comes out that actually delivers what it promises. I can live with the differences.

shortyjacobs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Minneapolis
it just sux having to carry bottles around and drip in it every few pulls. espically when ur out and about or driving

Yeah, just read a bunch about the "bonut" theory. Bought 6 screens for $1 on my way into work, have a couple rolled and in the atty....about to go to lunch to give it a test run...fingers crossed!

PsychOfMSE

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2011
Lexington, KY
The flavor that dripping brings to the table is what forced me to switch to bottom feeders from tube mods/tanks.

I can find no difference in flavor/vapor/throat hit between bottom feeding and direct dripping.

That's why I firmly believe bottom feeders (and top feeders) are the absolute best form of vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread