Don't follow the herd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
What the news story covers is truly disgusting, a new low, but I love their poster.
Lambs to the slaughter: Californian health campaign raises the baa | ECigIntelligence

Pasadena-sheep-non-standard-size.jpg

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
"The advertisements will appear in English and Spanish on buses and bus shelters as well as being distributed through social media. They are funded from a three-year $1.5m grant provided by the Racial and Ethnic Approaches to Community Health (REACH) Program at the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)."

Just another 1.5 Million Dollars that could have gone towards a School or a Hospital or Fixing a Bridge.

:facepalm:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Or simply not been spent, thereby reducing the burden borne by taxpayers now and in the future. ;)

I really don't have a Problem spending Money to Improve things like Schools or Hospitals. Or to Fixing the Infrastructure that is Structurally Deficient to the point of Collapse. And would rather see it done in Todays Dollars verses in Future Dollars.

But to spend $1,500,000 on this Fear Mongering Tripe?

If Only 1 Smoker doesn't try an e-Cigarette because of Goebbels-esk Propaganda like this it is Too Many.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
To bad that that 1.5 Million wasn't spent on studying the effects so that there is some concrete evidence or research. Right now I am going by how my body feels and the results from some significant tests done due to a nasty car crash and a chest injury less than a year ago. Doctor didn't believe I was a smoker for almost 40 years! After examining me and I asked how my lungs looked and sounded he told me I was the healthiest person he has examined in a month and he asked what I was doing. When I said I was vaping he told me well by all means keep it up. That is sure good enough for me!

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
What hypocrisy, they don't want folks to "follow the herd" but want them to blindly follow their message.

But AzPlumber... only those who Don't follow herds would make that Observation.

And that Isn't who this Propaganda Campaign is Targeting.

;)

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Don't follow the herd of thousands that have flocked away from smoking tobacco cigarettes greatly improving their health!

They are costing us huge sums of tax money !

They aren't constantly in the health care system for respiratory ailments !

We want you to die in the traditional miserable death you have always died from due to smoking tobacco cigarettes !

If you quit smoking tobacco cigarettes your health will improve and we just can't have that !

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Dem's fighten words. Seems like desperation. I'd expect retribution.

Adults actually put this together and approved it? Sad

I hope the Antz like crow cause we know they will eventually be eating a huge serving of it.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I hope the Antz like crow cause we know they will eventually be eating a huge serving of it.
And when they are looking for new jobs/careers, how compassionate will we be?
It's hard to be compassionate to those that don't care if you die.

Maybe they can open a vape shop.
:)

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
My oh my, dem Calis hurtin' sum baaaad on dem MSA-bonds :lol:

Running out of arguments, start insulting the arguers - usually gets you an 'F' in rhetorics class :D

1.5 mill. Hmph. Didn't pay a dime for reading the RCP report online.
Guess some folks a lining their pockets there too...

And do I detect a bit backpedalling there? What happened to the 'vaping is dangerous' 'e-cigs are more deadly than..' frothing at the mouth ?

Too much research happened...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread