• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Don't get e-liquid in your eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdvann

Jul 3, 2010
Gentry,Arkansas
i had this happen when my syringe needle got plug. I pushed to hard and the end came off and spewed e liquid in my eyes. burnt like the devil. fortunately i was at the sink so I was able to rinsed my eyes quickly. just wanted to provide this caution , if the the syringe is hard to push it can pop the needle off and cause the liquid to spray out violently and cause it to get in your eyes.

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
Heh, I used to think that wearing eye protection while mixing was a bit of overkill. How the heck could you splash that stuff into your eye, right? Well, here's how: You draw some eliquid into a syringe, and while removing the needle from the bottle, the tip just barely brushes the bottle lip. It acts like a tiny little catapult, and flings a giant, evil, undulating globule of FLAMING RED DEATH at your face.
:ohmy:
OK, maybe it's not exactly giant, or flaming red death, but it would sure feel like it if it landed in your eye. In my case, it was a tiny little droplet that landed an inch or so away from my eye. Lucky can be as good as smart, but smart delivers more consistent results... I'll be wearing some eye protection from now on.
:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread