Status
Not open for further replies.

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I'm going to go ahead and disagree with the product suggestions posted by the others. The best starter e-cig is the KGO for the value, pricepoint ($45 or 27.63GBP), and extra voltage output. The KGO is the king of the EGO style battery 510 Personal Vaporizers. Plus with that comes amazing versatility since it's also the most common PV on the market (EGO Style that is). Thus said, you already ordered so what else can be done. If it doesn't work for you get a KGO and some Boge 2.0 Ohm Low Resistance Cartomizers and clean them regularly and they will last you a good long time. For me, making my own DIY juice, I calculate it is costing me less than 30 cents (what is that 18.5 pence?) a day to vape. If you want to know more about my experience and how I quit smoking on the first day using the KGO after a similar length of time smoking as you then by all means please click on my name and visit my quit blog. If you are worried about the cost of things just remember two things. At 30 cents a day (18.5 pence) or less I paid for my initial investment several times over already. Secondly, how much is your life worth to you? I feel awesome already just over 2 months later of having quit smoking and started vaping. Borrow the money for a month or two if you have to. Soon you will be good for it. All in all I believe it cost me around $110 to get started with all the equipment I needed. With that I have been able to go for 2 months without replenishing my stocks. I still have maybe a week or so of liquid nicotine left and then I'm looking at another 20 bucks or so to fix that problem so I can go another couple months or so. I am a budget vaping champion. The one drawback to the KGO is that it doesn't accept Ego Vision Clearomizers (the VERY popular Stardust clearomizers which can be rebuilt on the cheap) as well as a regular EGO battery and you need an adapter to realize the full glory (they are $2.50 or 1.54 GBP). You can get them from Mad Vapes I believe that they are called 510 cone adapters. The trade off for a slightly larger profile and this tiny cost for the adapter is worth the extra voltage you get out of a KGO vs an EGO.

NOW, if someone wants to disagree that there are cheaper, similar options, I will present to them the fact that you can get a 5v passthrough here: 5 VOLT USB PASS THROUGH (REQUIRES SUFFICIENT POWER SOURCE) for 10 bucks (6.14GBP) and the only drawback is that you will be tethered to an outlet (if you have a USB to outlet adapter) or a car lighter (if you have a lighter to USB adapter). However I do not recommend this as a starting point because 5v is a bit brutal (throat hit) for beginners, easier to screw up as far as not putting LR cartos etc on a higher voltage device, and the fact that you are tethered. I am also suspect about attaching a PV to my computer. If there is a problem with a short then you are looking at a potential to a lot of damage to your computer over a cheap PV.

If you're going to be throwing away cartomizers like they are disposable and buying commercial ejuice then your cost to vape is going to be many times more than mine.

Note: I see that you are from the U.K. all of this info is my experience as an American so your mileage may vary (and your shipping costs/times!). In that case do your own research and try to use what I have given you as a measuring stick for price points as you may save money buying more locally (as well as receiving your stuff faster). I went back and converted all the currency for you for ease of translation.

Imaguest

Moved On
Apr 19, 2012
I bought the riva 1100 starter kit a week ago. I am very impressed so far. Let's me try different attachments (comes in different colours too :) ) to find what I like. Cost is about £34 which I bought from vape escape. I asked to have the atomizers changed for cartamizers which I am very happy with. Now to stop buying attachments and different juices.

Good luck with your choice and welcome.

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Yeah there's nothing wrong with a Riva. I'd rather have one of those than like a T-Rex or whatever. Anyway, I can't recommend them for newbies because of the price point being about 7 pounds more than a KGO and I can confirm that the KGO is a 4.1v device vs. the standard 3.7v of a regular EGO or knockoff. Plus the KGO comes with 2 1100 mah batteries that literally last me almost 3 days a piece even though I still charge them every other day. The voltage dropoff is very slight on them too. When they start blinking like crazy and don't vape any more it's time to charge. Until that time you really don't notice a difference in vapor and it will almost come as a surprise to you.

dankukindly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2011
Katterbach, Germany
Very well put ShogaNinja I was just offering my opinion... and i find no reason do disagree with you. In fact i wish when i had bought my first PV i woud have had someone explain things like that to me then i wouldn't have bought my t-rex which are not very well made. At the same time thats what vaping is all about trial and error till you find what works right for you ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread