Don't Pull Out The 510 On Your New Woodvil!

Status
Not open for further replies.

keepsmiling

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Florida
So both my new yellowheart/padauk- Natalie Woodsvil,and red mallee- Stormy woodvils are on their way to the spa at Rob's for a little fix.
Some of these new attys have a tough cap. I went to pull off the RM7 cap and the 510 pulled up and out on the red mallee.:( I then scrutinized the yellowheart/padauk, and it is also pulling up..not as bad.
So before I totally wrecked them I sent them on up. My friend roxynoodle had a good suggestion. From now on I am removing the atty, and putting it on a stand. I have a rose stand from my rta days, and am looking at getting one that is a nice wooden one as well. At least then I am not ruining my woodvil. Seems another step, but safer than cracking the wood or something!:eek: I would die if I broke up Stormy.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Mine is at the REO spa now. I was tugging on a tight drip tip. Had my grip on the RM2, or so I thought. The 510 moved up about 1/8 inch. I pushed it back down and it worked fine. But found that the slightest upward pressure on the RM2 would make it move.

Talked to Robert and sent it right back for him to fix.

keepsmiling

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Florida
Thanks guys & gals.
Karen, glad you caught it too. Especially since yours is super extra special.:hubba:
Rob explained how he would fix it. It sounded like a job for the boss, not for me. I would flub it up for sure. He said next run he will make a threaded something or other so that cannot happen.
I had one thing wrong though..I thought it was the RM7. It was actually the vector. Tough cap!
FTC, thanks. I guess...:blush:
Have a great day Reonauts. :)
And yeah..don't pull out your 510, or your 6er either.:rolleyes:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
The whole assembly popped out on the red mallee, and on the yellowheart it was coming out about half way. Spydro I have been running a nuppin with naval brass cap on the yellowheart, and it was fixing to do the same!

I've always only ran the lower o-ring on my Nuppin's. A lesson learned long ago with dual/triple o-ring caps that were or can get tight (or I change them to a smaller size). The remaining o-ring stays lubbed up with condensation, my caps slide off with very little effort, so I don't think it will ever be an issue with them on my new Woodvil's. I guess time will tell... because I am NOT going to take a Nuppin' off the Woodvil just to remove it's cap. If it's a design flaw I know Rob will figure it out and the recommended fix for it (already know what I'd do to fix it myself).

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
OK. I was just wondering what the 510 connector looks like out of the mod. Sorry you got scared. I would have been too. That's precisely why being a REOnaut is so awesome.....many products would be totaled if this had happened. in our case, we just say "oh crap" and know that we have the modmaster available to make it perfect again. We are lucky.

Rob for Presidentlord.

jrs99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
King George, VA
My Woody just got back on Monday from being serviced for this as well.
Tight atty cap as well and mine was moving up and down just slightly. Sent it out on Monday and had it back in my hands the following Monday, good as new :)
I will make sure I'm more careful in the future.
I have been wondering if the atomizer getting heated up from chain vaping would cause any expansion and loosen up the 510 over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread