Doode RDA with unique 'Collet' post design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
So I have had mine for 2 days now and I'm really on the fence. There's a steep learning curve building on this and I completely mangled a set of 316lss 3x28gx38g staggered fused claptons which It took me a while to wrap and I was really proud of how they came out and after an hour of trying to get them mounted on the doode were completely ....ing ruined.... 8(

I finally got a set of ka1 2x26gx38g ka1 Clapton's mounted and glowing perfectly. The kanthal was much easier to work with as it's stiffer wire and with this rda the stiffer the better it seems. I feel like the collet system is a great idea it just isn't quite there yet for a smooth experience and I hope he realeases some revised inserts for it soon.

That being said does it work...? yes it does and I feel with time my experience will become smoother with it. The airflow and height of the coils is great and provides a very dense flavorful Vape.

I feel if he had released this RDA with a goon like clamp deck or even a modified 2 post and kept the heighth of the coils and airflow as well as the exterior design he would have had a hit on par with the Goon and one of the best RDAs of 2016.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
The design lends itself to the guy, (or girl), that knows how to bend the legs of a coil perfectly prior to putting it in the RDA...

Just a thought, but maybe this RDA is similar to the Narda and doesn't play well with clapton coils!! I will give him props for designing something that's not out there and not copying anyone's designs. The biggest plus I see is the +post is flush with the deck for those that would like to BF one, but the 24mm diameter is a let down in my book. I personally would like to see more 16-20mm atty's on the market. Not everyone builds and vapes claptons!!!

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
The design lends itself to the guy, (or girl), that knows how to bend the legs of a coil perfectly prior to putting it in the RDA...

Just a thought, but maybe this RDA is similar to the Narda and doesn't play well with clapton coils!! I will give him props for designing something that's not out there and not copying anyone's designs. The biggest plus I see is the +post is flush with the deck for those that would like to BF one, but the 24mm diameter is a let down in my book. I personally would like to see more 16-20mm atty's on the market. Not everyone builds and vapes claptons!!!
I learned the hard way that you need to have your legs bent just right as the coils compete for space and bending the leads really helps with that however the really difficult (ok not difficult but tedious) process of screwing down those nuts half turn switch half a turn switch and at the same time putting competing pressure on the coil to keep it from twisting is kind of a pain in the .... At least for you first couple builds your going to want to take some time installing these and not rushing it. Patience is key

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
Hey everyone so after a few more days with the Doode I seriously need to change my initial assessment. This thing is actually very simple to build in. I can get a build in and glowing evenly in about 4 min. I was initially really over complicating the process now a few things. Picking the right sleeve in the collet is ESSENTIAL !!!!! The key to this thing for me is picking a sleeve where the coils are already very snug on the insert (like very snug) and this leads to the hardest part of building this RDA in my opinion and that is the initial seating of the coils. Because of the fact you want a snug fit even before tightening I sometimes struggle on initially seating the coils the first one should go in fairly easy (I have really only used Clapton's in this RDA) and you want to make sure you bend that first coil into place before placing your second coil to make room. Now for me inserting the second coil CAN be a pain (after a few builds though I have gotten it down pact) and is really the most challenging part for me. If you have your coils in the right sleeve they should be snug enough where it only takes a couple small turns to tighten them down sufficiently. At first I was way over tightening the coils causing them to twist way more them nesacerry !!! I recommend watching the vaping heathens review on the doode as he really seems to get how easy the installation process should be

The airflow and flavor in this RDA is actually VERY good for its size. These large RDAs are not really my thing anymore however I have been seriously enjoying this RDA after figuring out how it works best for me.

Good luck everyone

Med Amine Jebabli

Jul 26, 2017
Hey everyone so after a few more days with the Doode I seriously need to change my initial assessment. This thing is actually very simple to build in. I can get a build in and glowing evenly in about 4 min. I was initially really over complicating the process now a few things. Picking the right sleeve in the collet is ESSENTIAL !!!!! The key to this thing for me is picking a sleeve where the coils are already very snug on the insert (like very snug) and this leads to the hardest part of building this RDA in my opinion and that is the initial seating of the coils. Because of the fact you want a snug fit even before tightening I sometimes struggle on initially seating the coils the first one should go in fairly easy (I have really only used Clapton's in this RDA) and you want to make sure you bend that first coil into place before placing your second coil to make room. Now for me inserting the second coil CAN be a pain (after a few builds though I have gotten it down pact) and is really the most challenging part for me. If you have your coils in the right sleeve they should be snug enough where it only takes a couple small turns to tighten them down sufficiently. At first I was way over tightening the coils causing them to twist way more them nesacerry !!! I recommend watching the vaping heathens review on the doode as he really seems to get how easy the installation process should be

The airflow and flavor in this RDA is actually VERY good for its size. These large RDAs are not really my thing anymore however I have been seriously enjoying this RDA after figuring out how it works best for me.

Good luck everyone
Hi @Sed8op8,

Thanks for sharing your experience with the doode rda. Very helpful.
I bought it one month earlier, and I just use it twice. Building complexity isn't a problem for me, I like challenges. I think that this RDA have a good potential.
But, didn't you face issues like voltage drop and over heating of exterior ss room?
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread