Status
Not open for further replies.

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
It is so tempting to pm you. But I don't want to be an accomplice. :laugh:
This feels like a set up. Entrapment is a crime!

Wow, :blush:
I didn't think anybody would take me seriously :facepalm:
I really don't think that amount of PG based nic is a problem for me. Some veterans have already said they have had for 3 years.
Who knows. It may, as Kurt said, develope " a distinct tabacco taste, actually quit nice"!

rockymtnrobin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Colorado
Wow, :blush:
I didn't think anybody would take me seriously :facepalm:
I really don't think that amount of PG based nic is a problem for me. Some veterans have already said they have had for 3 years.
Who knows. It may, as Kurt said, develope " a distinct tabacco taste, actually quit nice"!

:pervy: so your freezing nic~
what about mods?

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
And of course FOR ME, VG-nic is better long-term...

Just in case anyone is not real familiar with Kurt's vaping...He is a VG ONLY vaper...

He's also one of the most knowledgeable posters in this sub-forum, but I don't want anyone to confuse his comments for something they are not.

I'll go back to lurking this thread.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Good to see you Hoosier ;)

Been here, just quiet. Spending time looking for a job so I have to come here to take my mind off resumes disappearing into the void of cyberspace with nary a sound.

I was lurking in the hopes that someone had started experimenting with putting flavorings in the freezer and what effects it had on them.

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
I'll go back to lurking this thread.

Been here, just quiet. Spending time looking for a job so I have to come here to take my mind off resumes disappearing into the void of cyberspace with nary a sound.

I was lurking in the hopes that someone had started experimenting with putting flavorings in the freezer and what effects it had on them.

Good luck on the job hunting. And please keep an eye on us, some of us can get in trouble.
:mail: It was a joke, I not selling or buying

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Always a pleasure to see you, Hoosier!

I'm not sure of the doomsday thinking about flavors. They will never be restricted, since the food industry would be strongly affected. I personally have not experienced any change in my flavorings just sitting in boxes in my office for years now. Evaporation would be the main issue. Some notes are more volatile than others, but if the bottle is closed, that is a moot point. If a vendor says you should store in the fridge, like the naturals, so be it. I only have one of those (LA Nat Creamy Caramel), and I have not done that, and it has not changed at all in about 9 months.

Sadly, I do not really like about 95% of the flavors I have bought. Maybe I need to cut back from my default 10%. That would probably help.

And other than tobaccos, which improve with age, any other flavored juice I make is best fresh, and over time it just fades to something I would rather not vape. So for nic conservation and just general better vaping, I make enough for a few weeks, tops, vape that up, then make more fresh as I go. Its fun to get a bunch of flavors and make 3 or 6 mL samples to try...and most of them end up getting dumped because I don't like them, and I need the bottle. DIY can be like overeating at an all-you-can eat buffet, times 100.

That said, I cannot see any harm in freezing flavored juices. If they separate, and I doubt they will as I think about it, just shake them up when they get to room temperature. It's just not something I have done as yet. Might be good for those buying commercial juices, however, if they do not want to fall down this DIY rabbit hole.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I sometimes go a bit overboard with flavorings. I get to liking a juice so dang much I cannot see NOT making it every week and end up buying a large quantity of flavoring to make that recipe. So, I order other flavorings to play with and when I do that I get distracting chasing something else.... Then I look at those large bottles and wonder how long they'll keep...

Granted, I have never had a flavoring go "bad" over the years, but I have encountered the flavoring recipes changing. Since I have encountered the flavorings changing from when I developed the recipe to when I order new, the idea of having large bottles of flavoring sitting there doesn't bug me much at all, except for the worry that it may go flat or develop odd notes as it sits.

Good to see you still kickin' around here Kurt. Hope you have some good classes this semester!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread