Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
That Panasonic battery is low amperage. That Alien coil is low ohm (no idea what, did you actually measure it?). You are overdriving the battery. It is getting hot because it is not appropriate for this use. If you continue to use it there is a very high chance the battery will overheat and vent, perhaps explosively. For your own safety, remove that battery, put the mod down, and head over to the mech mod forum to learn how to operate a mech mod safely. You are not doing so.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
You still need to check the resistance of that coil and make sure you're within the safe operating range of the battery you choose. Same is true of the HG2. The HG2 is rated at 18A by Mooch in testing. Here's a recommended battery list by him.
Battery Chart.jpeg

It sounds like you also need to understand the basics of Ohm's law and figuring out what is and is not safe for mech mod vaping. Here's a link to a calculator to help you out. Ohm's law | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

My advice? Stop using a mech mod until you have a solid understanding on how to use it safely.

sanox

Jan 3, 2016
You still need to check the resistance of that coil and make sure you're within the safe operating range of the battery you choose. Same is true of the HG2. The HG2 is rated at 18A by Mooch in testing. Here's a recommended battery list by him.
View attachment 633901

It sounds like you also need to understand the basics of Ohm's law and figuring out what is and is not safe for mech mod vaping. Here's a link to a calculator to help you out. Ohm's law | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

My advice? Stop using a mech mod until you have a solid understanding on how to use it safely.
ok thankes for help my mech mod i get gift i usually i use SUBOX MINI and the OHM of the coil when i check on COIL MASTER is 0.15 OHM i get

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
DO NOT USE NCR BATTERIES IN MECHANICAL VAPING DEVICES
I think that battery in particular is rated at less than 10a...maybe 6.5a or so.
Replace that battery immediately. Be grateful it did not vent.

According to Mooch:

• I am setting a CDR of 4.9A for this cell. While operating any cell near its rated maximum current level causes damage to the cell, I would expect good cycle life from this cell at 4.9A continuous

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
A 0.15 ohm coil will draw ~25A at a nominal 3.7V. You would need a battery capable of supplying that, which means a 30A rated battery, the highest you can find (see above for the only ones to be truly rated at 30A, not the manufacturers inflated claims, the HB 2,4,6 are the only ones to make that cut). Personally, I'd never run a mech with a 0.15 ohm coil and leave myself with so little headroom for safety.

Please read up on calculating stuff like power draw and resistance before messing around anymore.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
When using a mechanical you must measure the resistance of the coil(s) to ensure the battery amp demand it creates is less than the battery's CDR.

At .15Ω you are drawing nearly 28 amps from the battery,
only the LG HB series would be semi safe at that amp demand.
The LGHG2 is not suitable for that amp demand.

The ncr18650b cell is only capable of 6ish amps, you got lucky that something bad didn't happen. The battery got hot because it was nearing at least a vent or possibly thermal runaway condition.

What you're doing is dangerous...
Until you fully understand battery saftey, proper battery selection & ohms law it would be wise to stop using the mechanical.

Reactions: Eskie

sanox

Jan 3, 2016
When using a mechanical you must measure the resistance of the coil(s) to ensure the battery amp demand it creates is less than the battery's CDR.

At .15Ω you are drawing nearly 28 amps from the battery,
only the LG HB series would be semi safe at that amp demand.
The LGHG2 is not suitable for that amp demand.

The ncr18650b cell is only capable of 6ish amps, you got lucky that something bad didn't happen. The battery got hot because it was nearing at least a vent or possibly thermal runaway condition.

What you're doing is dangerous...
Until you fully understand battery saftey, proper battery selection & ohms law it would be wise to stop using the mechanical.
thanks guys i think i start to understand about of all this i was read 2 hours right now.

sanox

Jan 3, 2016
View attachment 633901

more one a question i can use Thr NCR18650B and HG2 on dripbox 160w ?
OR I NEED SAME BATTERY ON THE MOD ?

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
more one a question i can use Thr NCR18650B and HG2 on dripbox 160w ?
OR I NEED SAME BATTERY ON THE MOD ?
No, you cannot use them together. Always pair batteries of the same manufacturer and same series, 2 HG2s, the same ones always used and recharged together (phrase is "married" for sets of batteries). It is not good to use one Panasonic and one LG, especially as their ratings are so different.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
The NCR18650B really isn't suitable for vaping use.
It can be used in something that never draws over 5a. (flashlight)

Like @Eskie said, in multiple battery power devices always use matched / married sets, same brand, series/model, bought at the same time always charged & used together as a matched set.
The batteries should also have a sufficient CDR to safely support the power range you intend to use (regulated power device), or, when using a mechanical sufficient to safely support the resistance range you intend to use.

Last edited:

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
Hello i use DOTMOD LITE 24MM WITH RDA DOTMOD SS i have get new coils
CleanBuilds Coils - 26 gauge alien
i have bulid them on my dotmod and put battery NCR18650B LI-ON so i take some puff 1 puff work after more time dont work i dont understand why so i quit the battery and he was hot..
can someone said me why ?
Your blessed it didn't work. Look at Mooch list posted all over ECF..

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
ok thankes for help my mech mod i get gift i usually i use SUBOX MINI and the OHM of the coil when i check on COIL MASTER is 0.15 OHM i get
You need a true 30 amp battery for that. The ones you use are not suitable. Your only option is pretty much the LG hb2, hb4, or hb6. And even then you shouldn't be building that low. You need to learn ohms law and battery safety before using mechs. What you're doing is putting you, and possibly others, at risk.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread