Downloadable E-Juice Recipe Software App

Status
Not open for further replies.

desrtrat

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Hey DRat
Glad to see you brought this out to the "world". Certainly created a well deserved buzz with this one.

Just took a look at the xml Kin, gotta love the "open source" mindset you folks put on things!

smiley_emoticons_joint.gif

Hey Dirt!! Thanks so much for chiming in here! I REALLY appreciate the time you spent testing this out for me!

Mist_Of_Joye

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Beirut-Lebanon
Wonderful...Wunderbar...Fabuleux...Great job Desrtrat...Great job kinabaloo.

This thing is going to be a reference!

Wish the table could be incorporated to the forum's platform too...Or at least a hotlink put to it...Or at least this thread stickied.

Just a thought though...I noticed that e-liquids can sometimes have the same denomination, yet a different taste, depending on the source.

Wouldn't it be more accurate to state the source of each e-liquid...and the source of each ingredient anyway...Just like the way you stated that the flavoring was a Lorann's Kinabaloo?...

And a practical question too: Let's say that I need to e-mail a friend, a certain recipe, for him to integrate in his database...How could that be possible, because it is important that the exchange process be quick and easy, especially for sub-Dorky people like me ;)

And how about having also a Jpeg format for recipes appearing on screen, with direct hotlink, so they could also be posted directly on forums, or saved as such? A picture can sometimes be worth a thousand words...hehe

Thanks again guys...Keep it up!

desrtrat

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
Phoenix, AZ

Wish the table could be incorporated to the forum's platform too...Or at least a hotlink put to it...Or at least this thread stickied.

Just a thought though...I noticed that E-liquids can sometimes have the same denomination, yet a different taste, depending on the source.

Wouldn't it be more accurate to state the source of each E-liquid...and the source of each ingredient anyway...Just like the way you stated that the flavoring was a Lorann's Kinabaloo?...

And a practical question too: Let's say that I need to e-mail a friend, a certain recipe, for him to integrate in his database...How could that be possible, because it is important that the exchange process be quick and easy, especially for sub-Dorky people like me ;)

And how about having also a Jpeg format for recipes appearing on screen, with direct hotlink, so they could also be posted directly on forums, or saved as such? A picture can sometimes be worth a thousand words...hehe

hahaha...anything else Mist?? ;) You're right about liquids having the same name but tasting different. That's why there's a field for you to enter a description/manufacturer/source. It's optional if someone wants to use the description field or not. I do, for the reasons you state.

If you want to email a friend a recipe, you can send the .rcp file (They will be located in the directory that you installed the app too which would be C:\Program Files\EasyEJuice if you accepted the defaults). If they have the Easy E-Juice app, they just need to place the recipe file in the directory where they're storing their recipe files and voila..it's in their drop down list when they fire up the app. When we get the XML implemented you would just send the xml file or have them download it from Kinbaloo's online site. I'm not a web apps guy so maybe he can answer that better than me haha

Integrating an auto email can be tricky but it's an interesting idea that I may look into at some point. I can't speak for Kinbaloo.

So..the JPEG Idea, you can do that by doing an <alt>-<Print Screen> to copy an image of the recipe to your clipboard. From there you can paste it into MS Paint or some other app and save it as a JPEG file. If you wanted to link to it for posting in forums, you could upload it to a place such as PhotoBucket (they have free personal accounts) and share it that way. I'm not sure if you're familiar with this so please forgive me if I'm telling you something you already know. For the app to find some place to host a bunch of linkable image files would be difficult, unless I want to pay for it. I don't mind giving my app away, I just don't want to have to pay to give it away or have to ask people to pay for it haha.

kinabaloo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Just finishing off the search functionality; well, i hope there'll be more than 2 recipes some day ... ;)

XML is a great format for interoperability, though it would be worth thinking about having a zip with the xml inside, and / or an image file. Simplest would be to share the url (url?id=xx). Will think about it ..

I need to add nucotine % calculation (and storage) as DesrtRat has done and more space for ingredient details, yes. Feedback is a great help; thanks!

edit: sorting and searching done. The nic strength and overall nic % is now also complete :)

DesrtRat - An XML file with all current fields filled (including % nic):

http://www.tji-java-ide.com/e-cigarette/recipes/Cafe_Creme_CafeAddict.xml

Just a thought though...I noticed that E-liquids can sometimes have the same denomination, yet a different taste, depending on the source.

Wouldn't it be more accurate to state the source of each E-liquid...and the source of each ingredient anyway...Just like the way you stated that the flavoring was a Lorann's Kinabaloo?...

Last edited:

Silence

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Hopkinsville, Ky
Hey Destrat, Thanks for the app. I had a thought about helping newbs choose thier first e-cig by making selections in a app. I could prolly do it in excel, but my knowledge of the differences in the e-cigs is far too limited to attempt such an undertaking. take a look here and lemme know if think this is plausible/probable please. I would like the input of another techie. :D if you have a chance, thx if not thx anyways

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/32985-buying-using-electronic-cigarette-primer.html

Hey Destrat, Thanks for the app. I had a thought about helping newbs choose thier first e-cig by making selections in a app. I could prolly do it in excel, but my knowledge of the differences in the e-cigs is far too limited to attempt such an undertaking. take a look here and lemme know if think this is plausible/probable please. I would like the input of another techie. :D if you have a chance, thx if not thx anyways

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...buying-using-electronic-cigarette-primer.html

Is that the right link? I don't see what you mean.

desrtrat

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
The online one has some recipes now :)

Not heard back from DesrtRat for some time; still working on the XML I guess.

Hey Kinabaloo! Sorry about that, my work/home life is a bit out of control at the moment so I've had to put the updates on the back burner. I'm hoping to be able to get back to it in the next week or so though. I'll be sure to let everyone know when the update is ready! I've started to integrate the XML format but it's not quite complete. One question for you, I'd like to open it up to support up to 5 flavors (I know there are some pretty involved recipes out there from the juice gourmets haha). Would that be a problem for you? I also wanted to keep the app backwards compatible so that throws another wrench in the works hahah...anyway..sorry for the slowness but unfortunately work/home comes first haha

desrtrat

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
Phoenix, AZ

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...buying-using-electronic-cigarette-primer.html

Hi Silence. That's a pretty good little primer there. I suppose you could do something like that with a "decision tree" sort of app. Have a person rank what's most important to them then based on that come up with model recommendations. Like you I'm not as knowledgeable about all the different models though. Something like this would be a great online tool!

DRat - yes, was thinking the same thing! Will change to 5, no problem.

I saw that Syanidi has entered a recipe - Berry Blast :)

Silence, DRat - Decision tree, yes that's good, even if not what you had in mind. I had thought of doing this for a while now - though had in mind problem solving. Could be used for both. Great idea !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread