Dr. OZ is saying E-Cigs safe....will air today

Status
Not open for further replies.

soba1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 27, 2013
Van Nuys Ca., USA
I'm glad about this. But I detest Dr. Oz. He will promote any whack-a-doodle thing that comes his way. Whether what he says is actually science based is completely a coincidental occurrence. If he does say e-cigs are okay, it will be a mark in their favor, but only because so many people think he actually has a clue what he's talking about.

Sorry, I'm very hard on Dr. Oz, but he perpetuates pseudoscience. Drives me crazy.

Is it because he talks about alternative treatments?
If so it is a good thing imo that he does.
The one thing we fail to do is our own independent research.
Also if it wasnt for people looking alternatives, you realize
there would not be vaping. Jus sayin

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I caught just a minute of one of his shows last week and he was debunking some myths that even he had perpetuated on his own show. Maybe he did an about face, like he has with a couple of other things, after learning more facts. One can only hope. I have my DVR set to record this show.

Has anyone seen it yet?

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Research it and correct me if I am wrong. The man came out and said GMO food are safe.
Yeah I know.

Well, not to hijack the thread, but... unless you're out hunting and gathering instead of buying food at the grocery store, everything you eat is technically a GMO. Ever since Gregor Mandel learned that plants and animals can be bred to select certain desirable traits and deselect the undesirable ones, genetic modification has been a mainstay of agriculture.

Even the tobacco plants used for nicotine extraction were genetically selected for high nicotine content.

Don't give into the FUD. The air is fine. The water is fine. vaping is safe and so is pretty much anything found on store shelves these days.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Wow, Oz is still around? That movie came out in, what, 1939?

:D

I just hope they address the burning question that's on our minds day and night:

WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN?

:vapor:

Put the kids in a bubble and lock them in the basement. Then the government will put you in jail take the kids away and raise them. Ohhh geeeesh.

soba1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 27, 2013
Van Nuys Ca., USA
Well, not to hijack the thread, but... unless you're out hunting and gathering instead of buying food at the grocery store, everything you eat is technically a GMO. Ever since Gregor Mandel learned that plants and animals can be bred to select certain desirable traits and deselect the undesirable ones, genetic modification has been a mainstay of agriculture.

Even the tobacco plants used for nicotine extraction were genetically selected for high nicotine content.

Don't give into the FUD. The air is fine. The water is fine. Vaping is safe and so is pretty much anything found on store shelves these days.

I agree and what can you do.
But if you say GMO's aren't detrimental.
Well then I say a picture is worth a thousand words, food for thought.
Shocking Photos Reveal Severe Damage Caused By GM Soy And Corn | In5D.com

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Yeah it doesn't sound too promising when he mentions the anti freeze. He'd rather people be on chantix it seems if he wants people to ask their dr.

Q: I'm trying to quit smoking. Are electronic cigarettes a healthy way to go?

A: Electronic cigarettes are smokeless, battery-operated devices shaped like cigarettes. These devices are marketed as a less damaging alternative to regular cigarettes because they contain no tobacco (users get a fix by inhaling a vaporized liquid nicotine solution). But e-cigarettes have been found to contain other carcinogens and toxic chemicals, such as diethylene glycol, an ingredient used in antifreeze.

And unlike other nicotine-replacement products—like the patch, the gum, or the lozenge—e-cigarettes are not FDA approved, and there's no way to know how much nicotine you're receiving. If you're trying to quit smoking, a better solution is to start by working with your primary care physician. Research has shown that you're more likely to succeed if you do so with doctor support

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
"Stick with patches and gums for smoking cessation. And follow our proven techniques for kicking nicotine and tobacco. The full program is on realage.com."

Yeah the package and gum are really successful. (rolls eyes)

......Does the gum come in Boba Bounty flavor ??

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Do keep in mind that his previous comment was from 2010. Here is to hoping he has (more likely his staff) done the research and he has a more informed opinion now.

I hope so! I just woke up so I didn't notice the date lol. Hopefully he'll say he was wrong in the past and says good things. I'll be optimistic.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
IBCR,

I don't think selective breeding and tampering with/splicing genes in a lab are the same thing.

Inserting fish genes into tomatoes is not the sort of thing that is possible with traditional selective breeding.

Tripling global food production while the world population more than doubled wasn't possible with the traditional farming methods used before the advent of chemical fertilizers and pesticides after WWII, either.

Science is good. FUD is bad.

And if this talking head from Oprah is about to tout the real science behid e-cig use, I'm all for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread