Not open for further replies.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Agreed! And the FDA needs to dive deeper! I mean if fruit flavored e-liquid is a gateway for teens to tobacco usage, doesn't that mean fruit flavored liquors are a gateway to teen alcoholism? And fruit flavored candies lead to fruit flavored baked goods, which just leads to teen obesity! We need to shut it all down, shut it all down and bring back prohibition to the Land of Used to Be Free for the sake of all of us!

Is Sally Struthers still alive?

Maybe we could get her to do another one of those "SAVE THE CHILDREN" heartbreaker infomercials.

mare ze dotes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
WI/Boston
I cant believe I watched the whole thing! What an obscene pile of pseudoscience. Entertainment built around....I don't know what.

Note that I did NOT get the ecig episode. It was a rerun that played. So I cannot comment on that segment. But I will never forgive the OP for making me watch that! :toast::blink: I guess I should get up off my ... and fold the laundry now.

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
Yep. I remember many a time at a local club, out of cigs, and putting 4 $1 bills into a mechanical cigarette vending machine, pulling the lever and getting the wrong brand of stale cigarettes.

One of those times did get me to switch from Marlboro Menthols to Reds, though.

Which as we later learned, were all owned and operated by the local branch of the Matranga crime family.

I remember 2 quarter pull knob cig 's and that was too much cause they were 35 cents at the gas station...... 1972 ish.....

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
I cant believe I watched the whole thing! What an obscene pile of pseudoscience. Entertainment built around....I don't know what.

Note that I did NOT get the ecig episode. It was a rerun that played. So I cannot comment on that segment. But I will never forgive the OP for making me watch that! :toast::blink: I guess I should get up off my ... and fold the laundry now.

that is why you are supposed to record it. I record the dr. shows just in case they have something I want to see. but mostly they get deleted unwatched :)

oh and I am tired of being "responsible" for other peoples kids.......

RedForeman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
Georgia
Just to be clear: The OP and what I commented on was not the Dr. Oz show. It was Dr. Oz doing a brief interview with the local morning news hosts on the Atlanta Fox affiliate WAGA. I could be wrong, but it seemed the purpose of the interview was promoting his new season that begins with today's episode. It appears the topic was brought up since the local news just did a report on kids and vaping this past Friday.

I remember 2 quarter pull knob cig 's and that was too much cause they were 35 cents at the gas station...... 1972 ish.....

I remember my father screaming in the early 70s about cigarettes going up to $.50 a pack and saying he was NEVER going to pay that. Of course he did.

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
Not a big Dr. Oz fan....but nice to know he's giving something of a "thumbs up" to e-cigs/vaping....
As mentioned earlier.....the "kids" angle is ALWAYS gonna be thrown into the mix -- kids and GUNS....kids and CARS....kids and DRUGS...
Ad nauseum!!!
Funny....EVERY vaping item I have...or have seen...is sold with the "warning": NOT FOR USE BY ANYONE UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE"..
Do "kids" pay attention to "warnings"......if they REALLY wanna DO something???;)
If you find one......I've got a bridge in Brooklyn I'll sell you on the cheap.....!!:)
OK....enough "Soap Box Derby" from me!!
Happy (vaping) Trails!

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
Just to be clear: The OP and what I commented on was not the Dr. Oz show. It was Dr. Oz doing a brief interview with the local morning news hosts on the Atlanta Fox affiliate WAGA. I could be wrong, but it seemed the purpose of the interview was promoting his new season that begins with today's episode. It appears the topic was brought up since the local news just did a report on kids and vaping this past Friday.

oh! this is why I thought it was going to be on his show :)

Just saw on a morning show....Dr OZ. is going to air an ecig show today saying it appears safe and was discussing some "new report"........Said it was a great thing for the older folks that are already smokers...................

soba1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 27, 2013
Van Nuys Ca., USA
I started smoking when cigarettes were $.50 per pack, swore up and down that I was going to quit when they hit $1.00, then when they hit $2.00 then...........you know the drill........

Well I for one never lied to myself, being in touch with my inner chick that thought never came into play.
I was worried about my .... getting to big..... :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread